“Don't stay here, you may not come out alive.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Towson

Days Inn Towson
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Portland, Oregon
“Don't stay here, you may not come out alive.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

It is beyond me how my girlfriend convinced me to sleep here for the night...I think it had something to do with driving straight from Orlando, FL to Baltimore on a Penske truck that would only go 50 mph (we had a job to do in Jersey). I laugh about the experience now but at the time I wanted to break down in tears. This place was REPULSIVE. There was a blood stain on the bed sheets and house keeping tried to break into the room at 5am (what?!). The absolute WORST part of it was the weird sawing/jack hammer noises in the room adjacent to us at 2am... I am sure there were a couple of meth labs and a few Dexter's hard at work in this place. Baltimore's finest, I am sure. You must be a very brave person to even consider staying here...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We came to Bmore from DC for a church social Saturday night and the service that followed Sunday morning. Booked on Hotwire, best rate so no refund. Crowds of guys & "ladies" LOITERING IN THE ENTRANCE & LOBBY AS IF "TRANSACTING BUSINESS" while MUSIC BLASTED from the adjacent BAR/restaurant. What a DIRTY, BROKEN-DOWN hole in the wall, EXCUSE FOR A HOTEL!!!! Dirty Walls; Caked on Dirt & Grease on the furniture; Torn & Worn Linen; Moldy, Filthy Bathroom; Dirty Rusty Leaky iron; Stained Peeling Popcorn Ceiling; Broken Lamp... They copied my bank card so I now have to cancel/replace it and then update accounts, that auto debit from this card acc. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jenn t
Totowa, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

We came down for a gymnastics meet in Md. from NJ. My coahces checked in and there were what looked like working ladies in the lobby, raoches in the rooms. We promptly checked out and went to Marriott Courtyard in Towson. I am now fighting to get my money back. I WOULD NEVER STAY IN ANY RAMADA INN AGAIN ESPECIALLY NOT THIS ONE

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Nice, clean room. But on checking in, they made an old-fashioned imprint paper copy of my credit card which they refused to give me at the end of my stay, indicating that they keep them in a cardboard box in the office. This concerned me for card security reasons - there is now a permanent record of my card number and expiration date, just sitting there for anyone to steal. I would choose a different hotel next time just for this.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

My experience was by far, extremely less horrible than previous reviewers. If you stay here you are paying less than $60/night and shouldn't expect the Four Seasons accomodations. For what we paid, I'd say we got fair accomodations. I traveled with my husband and I two small children(2yo & 10mos). We had a two double beds. The room was clean and had no bad smells. I checked the beds and furniture before we settled in and found no bugs. Also the beds were comfortable. The bathroom is tiny but clean and the hot water worked fine. The tub was clean and big enough to give my babies a bath in. There was a refridgerator and microwave and expanded cable. Housekeeping came in everyday to vacuum, take the trash, bring fresh towels, and clean the tub, toilet, and sink. The continental breakfast was lacking, bagels, toast and packaged sweets and occasionally cold pancakes, but again, expected. The business center is nothing but a desktop computer setup in the lobby and there was no printer. That was disappointing. The front desk clerk was very helpful though. This hotel is is a good location. Our room was inside and it was very quiet. Even when I would stand outside the room to see if anyone was out there(I try to stay aware of my surroundings) it was always quiet. And there was always parking. I recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't have high expections on a low budget. Well beyond the basic necessities; Cleanliness, safety, comfort. I don't know if the hotel is under new management now or what. If I had a bigger budget, I wouldn't have picked this hotel. But for the price, it was fair.

Room Tip: The rooms inside, further from the road are fairly quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MrsMomOf24rmTX
Williamsport, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

The hotel is very dirty with stained, dirty carpets and stained bed linens, and generally in a very bad state of disrepair. This hotel should be reported to the health department. The hotel may be cheap, but don't risk staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LScarfe
Boston, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Earlier this week, I found myself without a vehicle in Towson after midnight needing a hotel room. Since the reviews make it clear that every other hotel in Towson has bedbugs, I chose the Ramada hoping it might be an exception.

Without bedbugs, the Ramada would be a decent choice. The front desk staff was courteous, sheets and towels were new and clean, there was no odor in the room, and appropriate toiletries were provided. Hot water, air conditioning, TV, and wireless internet all worked very well.

On the minus side the carpeting and bedspreads were well worn, the bathroom badly needed a paint job and regrouting, and the bathtub had not been cleaned well, no doubt because it barely drained.

All those would have been livable except that I woke up with three new itchy welts. Since I had slept under the covers, I would rule out mosquitoes. There were no visible signs of bedbugs on the bed (and believe me, I pulled off the sheets to check beforehand) but it seems like they're around somewhere.

This hotel needs to do a better job of pest control. Believe it or not, there are inexpensive hotels in Maryland where you won't get bitten by bedbugs-- but, apparently, not in Towson.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
GMRamadaTowson, Manager at Days Inn Towson, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
We regret that the reviewer did not have a satisfactory stay with us. Our endeavour is to always ensure that we try to meet our guest's expectations.

We appreciate the feed back from the guest about the issue but would appreciate more details about the stay so that we can take corrective action if required. Providing more details about the stay would really help the hotel with inspecting, identifying and treating the issue if it exists. We invite the reviewer to kindly get in touch with the hotel so that we can get additional details in this case.

Thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium

Been to Days Inn Towson? Share your experiences!