“Disappointed”

Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Towson
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

When I stayed last time we had a gorgeous huge room with a balcony that overlooked the college. Requested that same room and did not get it :(. We got a room that was not renovated. There was no tv in one of the bedrooms and that room was very small and had a large red stain on the carpet. I know I sound like a snob and it was only one night but it was $177 and I was disappointed. Our balcony overlooked the dumpster. Hopefully all the rooms get renovated soon because the location is great. The only plus was the washer dryer in the room. Hope it's better next time!!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Shesfromboston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Pound Ridge, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We are a family of three with an 18 year old. Room included a real kitchen, dining area, large living room, small spare room off the living room, large bedroom, beautiful bathroom and a balcony! You can cook or do take out and some rooms have a washer dryer also! Def an apartment - you can really spread out and be comfy.

Was clean, comfy beds and free parking underneath the hotel. A Starbucks is next store and not far from Towson Center with lovely shops and good restaurants.

We were very happy with our stay and would highly recommend!

Room Tip: If a King Bed is important - just check on that before you register. They have them - but you need...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights for a wedding weekend. Couldn't believe our eyes when we saw our room..it was like a suite! A kitchen with a full fridge, microwave, washer/dryer (!), large living room and bathroom, and bedroom with queen sized bed. I would have given this 5 stars of the beds were comfier. Maybe it was just my body knowing I wasn't in my own bed, but I couldn't get comfortable on it. And the pillows were too flat. The room itself
Though was unexpectedly great for a two night stay. For the wedding it wasn't pricey, but I think it can be if not blocked for one.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LadyJennyLo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Do not stay at this hotel if you value your PERSONAL SAFETY and PROPERTY! There is no place to park except a lot that is not secure. There was an Armed Robbery across the street recently, and the SECURITY MEASURES ARE INSUFFICIENT in light of this incident. (Check out the Baltimore Sun January 6, 2014, article.) Our van window was smashed at this hotel (three other cars were vandalized as well), and the Marriott employees were indifferent and claimed that they did not own the property and had no liability despite the captive parking situation and inadequate security. It is true; this is NOT a MARRIOTT PROPERTY, and the Marriott does not stand behind anything that happens here. We were told to talk to Towson University! We thought we made a reservation with Marriott, but you are not staying at a Marriott property. They also said there was a sign (you can only see after you are parked) that states they are not liable for any damages in the lot. Well, there is no other place to park, and that lot is designated as the “hotel lot.” The Marriott (or is it Towson?) should give an accurate description of their parking situation before you make your reservation. STAY AWAY for your own safety, especially if you have children. Despite dangerous armed criminal robbery and vandalism events, insufficient measures are put in place to protect customers and property. You are better off sleeping in your car or under a pile of leaves. It will be safer and more pleasant.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Wissahickon2014
Joseph L, Rooms Operations Manager at Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello Wissahickon2014,
Thank You for taking the time to post a comment about what you experienced during your recent stay at the Towson University Marriott. I appreciate you letting us know about the Security concerns you had while staying at my hotel and how they affected you and your family. We do take our guests safety very serious as do all Marriott Hotels and work with the local communites to make every effort to alleviate any problems.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I was in town for a conference. It's a very nice Marriott with comfortable rooms and bedding. Workout facility was good and had free fruit/water. Wish there had been a free breakfast, but Starbucks is just around the corner.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Its been renavated and looks nice. The style is a cozy tradational and I had a nice clean suites with a washer dryer and full kitchen.
The staff was very helpful and friendly with were to eat and taxi and getting around. Its a bit of a walk to resturants, about seven blocks. Yes you can get crabcakes at some of them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I usually look forward to staying here but this last time was not good. The internet wifi was not working at all. Called the front desk and they said they were aware and working on it. Luckily I had a laptop that accepted the wired connection. But that limited me to only working at the desk in the living room. The lamp at the desk was not working nor was the reading light at attached to the bedframe. They only had one elevator working for all 14 floors. I only stayed one night this time and I am glad I did because I was disappointed in my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Joseph L, Manager at Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Hello Hockeygrrl75,

Thank You for taking the time to post a comment about my Hotel. I appreciate you letting us know that we did not meet the standards you have come to expect from my Hotel since you are a frequent guest. We hope to have you back soon and are currently undergoing an internet upgrade which will be well above standard speeds. As for the elevator, yes it was out of service but it has been attended to, this is something we are in the process of correcting and look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#27 of 66 in Baltimore

Been to Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!