“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Ridgecrest, California
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I needed a place close to the Aberdeen Proving Ground that was closer than staying at the BWI airport...this was the perfect place to be. Easy access from the interstate and not that I needed it but the university is right there across the street. Comfortable room on the 12th floor, nicely appointed, wifi access throughout, and the staff is most helpful. Concierge Lounge nice and friendly and at least for this trip there were very few overbearing business meetings being conducted in the lounge. This hotel is what you make of it... I'd stay again if I had business to conduct here for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
STONY BROOK
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for sporting event in the area. Great location with tons of restaurants within walking distance. Room was the King bed executive suite. Walked into room and there was a full kitchen, dining area and living room with desk and pullout couch. Down a small hall was big bathroom and then a separate room with king bed and walk in closet. There was also a washer and dryer in the room, how convenient! I did not use any of the guest services, not did I eat at the restaurant downstairs. The room could use a little updating, but it served its purpose for my stay as I was in and out. Everything was clean! The only complaint I do have is the parking situation. Parking is under the hotel in a garage. If you have a big truck, as I do, my advice would be to go to the second parking entrance and park on the lower level. There was much more availability on the lower level.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I used to be a Marriott only client until I stayed here. Our experience was so bad it has taken me Two months to think of what I am and how I am going to say this. The service here is not Marriott standard.
The only reason it is number one in Towson is it is basically the only hotel in Towson. Do yourself a favor stay in the downtown of Baltimore. Second this hotel is not that inexpensive although if you see my other posts. You will notice I am a high end traveler cost is second for me if service is meet.

Now the reason for my stay was. My parents seek the best medical care in the country Mayo (Read my reviews of that Marriott, Billie needs to go work there he wouldn't last) and this time they go to John Hopkins. It was Preakness week. So imagine you are out of state, find a Marriott because they are your favorite chain. This Marriott is close to the the hospital. There are closer. We are from out of town. Ends up your father is dying.

So now you need the hotel to work with you. My mom and I had been having a real bad day. We ate in the restaurant here in the hotel. It was obviously we had been crying. We decide to go to the desk and see about extending the room. We had the room already to Sunday. Gold tooth Billie is at the helm. Good luck Marriott if this is your future employee. We are more than upfront with him regarding our situation. He says, "We have to come down on Monday and see a manager. Because he cannot make that decision. However, he can extend us to Tuesday." Isn't Tuesday after Monday but you can't extend us past that and we have to see someone on Monday???? But no further because they are booked. " I say, "We are telling you now. Three days in advance what we need. I also tell him right now we might need the room for just two more days. Because my dad could pass within that time. But to be safe we want to extend." Billie says, with head bob and gold tooth flashing, "Let me SPLAIN it to you again. " Please define SPLAIN. Billie didn't even offer to look at a sister property for us.
So I recently had become a Hilton Traveler before this trip. I said mom let me call the Hilton. I called the Hilton Garden Inn and Joe took charge.
Back to Marriott. So mom on Saturday decides to make sure she was at the Marriott up to Tuesday. Like Billie said he could do. Turns out he didn't fix mom's reservation and she was told she had to leave on Sunday. Never mind your husband of 51 years is at John Hopkins dying. Mom calls me frantic. My sister is already on her way there. We took turns going there. I said mom let me call the Hilton. Again I get Joe. Joe at the Hilton Says Mr.F I will take care of everything I have rooms for your mom we will adjust the price. We understand the situation it could be you are with us two days or five. We will work with you and our sister properties. Because of Joes actions I am exclusive Hilton now. I could care less about being Gold Marriott member. The worse is on the day my mom was checking out of the Towson because they were booked. She heard two desk people saying they were never overbooked and there was a glitch in the system. Thats what she told me. I wasn't there to hear it. But I don't think my 73 year old mother tells stories.
Plus for the money the Towson is a dump. Look at your room before you stay. It needs help. I know it seems like I ripped on Billie and I am sure nothing will be done. However what ever happened to human compassion. I did not need to stand and cry in front of some person explaining to them my dad was dying and all I got was "Let me SPLAIN it to you again". I am finishing my letter to Marriott Corp to let them know about Billie. Good Luck. Next time you bob a head at someone remember you are in customer service. None of this is made up. I welcome any question regarding this. Thank you Dan

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank oscar42o
Joseph L, Room Operations Manager at Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello Oscar42o
Thank You for taking the time to post your review of My Hotel. We are deeply saddened to know that during your stay we were unable to accommodate you and your Family further during a very stressful and emotional time for this I sincerely apologize. We do strive very hard to take care of all of our guests and are sorry that we did not meet your needs during that time.
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Excellent hotel. Staff are very friendly and service focused. The rooms are excellent and very clean. Bed is extremely comfortable and hotel atmosphere is very relaxing. Across the street from campus and a very short walk to downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pvh16
Orange County, California
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Best I've ever experienced. I was there for business and stayed 5 days. It was nice to come home after a long day at work and be able store food in fridge, wash/dry clothes, oven, kitchen table, and feel like your in a house and not a square box. Their service was professional and consistent each day. Location was safe, close to food, and 3 mins from my job! They have a restaurant inside the hotel with great food, try the Turkey Burger ;) one day my co worker and I are outside and some kids started dropping food from the balcony; we notified hotel staff, and their hotel Security took care of it right away!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A single Sunday night, but the hotel and it's room were so peaceful and comfortable it felt like I had vacationed for several days.
This is a rare Marriott all-suites hotel, one or two bedroom, with kitchen, dishwasher, and washer-dryer.
Unlike Residence Inns, and Towne Place brands, this Marriott is not pet friendly. So those who have pet allergies may sleep better here.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floors for quiet. Farther from elevators means longer walk, but also fewer people p...