“Location, location, location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baturiti
Ashram Home Stay-Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Baturiti
Bangkok, Thailand
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Ashram Hotel was started by a foundation with the idea of helping needy Balinese get a good education. It's location is out of this world, truely world class: on a bluff overlooking the lake with temple in the midground and mountains in the background.

That said, the property has seen better days and is well past it's prime. But if you can rough it a bit you will experience wonderful scenery and local culture all at a very low cost.

As a photography enthusiast, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't be frightened by the negatives: stay in a room high on the hill and make sure your room ha...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank himalayafan

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Waipu, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I was shown a room that was reportedly worth Rp250k but could be given a reduced rate of Rp200k per night. I wandered off for the afternoon and got back after dark. I then noticed that there was no toilet seat, just a lid. I mentioned it to the guy at the desk the next morning. He said he would get his friend to fix it that day. It didn't happen. The room is very noisy. I could hear people talking on both sides of me. They were talking at a normal level but it sounded like they were in the room with me. The location, on the side of the lake, while very nice, means that the traffic noise is amplified. Having been told that breakfast and taxes were included in the price I was asked my room number at breakfast the next morning. The guy wandered off and then came back 5minutes later to say that breakfast was not included. I protested by stating that I'd been told it was and got my breakfast. One pancake and coffee and not the best pancake but the coffee was ok. I was approached on numerous occasions by 3 "guides" in the parking lot asking me what I was doing today, next day. They offered overpriced hikes up the mountain, overpriced trips on the lake in the early morning - all of which I declined. The room is cold and your towel just doesn't dry - or get replaced. You can do better or the same for much cheaper. No pool, no wifi, no air cond, no fan, no mosquito net, no fridge, no phone, poor indoor lighting - almost impossible to read at night. Hot water over bath. No plug for bath or sink.

Room Tip: Try to get a room where there are no guests staying in rooms either side of you and check to see tha...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank aland2011

Travellers are raving about these Baturiti hotels

Brisbane
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We found it very difficult to make a booking with Ashram, as they never seemed to pick up their phone.

The location is amazing, right on the mountain which over looks Danu Bratan (the lake) in Bedugul, but thats where the good points about this place end. You can walk to the temple and to the nearby markets up the hill. There are also a couple of OK restaurants at the top of the hill.

Our room cost 200,000RP, which was way too much for what it was. 50,000RP probably would have been more appropriate.The tiny room looked like it had never been cleaned before. The toilet didn't have a seat, and the pipes continually leaked onto the floor. We stayed for 3 nights and the room wasn't cleaned once. We also had to pay for our own toilet paper at reception.
The price included breakfast, which we only ate once because it was so terrible. The restaurant didn't open for dinner because no one was staying at the hotel.

One night is more than enough here, although a day trip to the area would probably more appropriate (from Lovina).

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple