“Just had a drink but Surroundings Super Durty”

Bali Bhuana Beach Cottages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We love Bali and Amed... We've been here many times starting more than 10 years ago and we've seen the evolution of Amed over the years. Unfortunately the place has get worst when it comes to its waste management and this is also due to some hotels that have only a short term vision.

Bali Bhuana is one of them... We had a drink at the restaurant but we've not stayed in the hotel and won't be able to rate the rooms or the swimming pool. On the other hand I can tell you that the management does not care about the environment for sure and they throw garbage in the alley near to it against all common sense.

Bed sheets are dried behind a huge amount of toilet paper, bottles and other scrap just 2 meters away from the swimming pool. Thanks for the guest there is a high brick wall that hides this from the view. I assume you can smell it anyway on the other side but it does not seems to disturb people there...

The beach is OK and the snorkeling is awesome on the other hand.

Hope more people will take better care of the place in order to keep Amed one of the numerous jewels of Bali.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ShanghaiJo
There are newer reviews for Bali Bhuana Beach Cottages

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We discovered Bhuana Beach cottages in Lipah, Amed because Coral View and Paradise were booked out. We had Bungalow 1 and it was a lovely room with Wifi access (Only bungalow 1 and 2 have this. Other rooms have access via the restaurant) and just a stroll to the beach. It was a little dearer than the other rooms because it had a small fridge and an outdoor bathroom, but all rooms seemed well maintained and similarly sized. It has a well placed pool overlooking the beach and beautiful gardens surrounding the entire complex. Breakfast was inclusive with the fruit salad being the highlight. This is a lovely part of Bali to visit and this hotel a great place to stay while exploring.

Room Tip: Bungalow and 2 have wifi access. These are closest to the beach, restaurant and pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dardychris
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have been slow in reviewing this place as I like to keep something's to myself for a while but as I can see the word is out I may as well add my two cents worth. When we first went there they were still chiselling the name on the front stone. This was our second visit and we asked for and were given bungalow 2 which is close to the dining area and pool with filtered views to the ocean. The standard of the accommodation is excellent with stylish furniture and nice bathroom with a decent shower. Its air conditioned and has a lovely porch to enjoy a G and T overlooking a leafy garden. The pool area leads to the beach and there is an elevated platform with bean bags to relax, read and watch the ocean from.The staff are friendly and always have a smile. I must say the service is a little slow if there are a few orders to fill and I did notice some maintenance issues have slipped and need to be attended to ASAP such as replacement of the pool umbrellas and a good scrub of some areas. We have booked again for next year and hope that some attention is paid to these issues so as not to spoil an otherwise ideal holiday venue.

Room Tip: We like the bungalows 1 to 4 but if you are a family the ground floor units are very good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foamcrest
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were three couples and were very happy with our accommodation at this small hotel on the beach in Amed. We had visited Amed about five years ago and were surprised at how much the area had developed in the meantime. We spent most of our visit on the beach which is what we had wanted to do. Despite June being the "dry season" it rained almost each night and fortunately the sun came out during the day; one of the benefits of this is that there was wonderful green growth around us with plenty of birds and wild life. It was so easy and casual to dine at the restaurant rather than going out that we had most of our meals at the Bhuana Beach. If you enjoy small, intimate places to stay then this will suit you but if you want all the facilities of a larger resort then it may not be your cup of tea. We all decided we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen E
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights in August 2013 for a Bali vacation. I had reserved a room on the second floor, but we were put in a ground floor room which was fine. The rooms are very large and the bed is comfortable. Lighting in the room is bad if you want to read. To access the internet I had to go to the restaurant area as I could not get wifi in the room.

Being right on the beach was nice. In the afternoons, local ladies would come by to give beachside massages for only $10.

We ate dinner the night we arrived at the hotel and my meal was inedible. There are better choices for lunch and dinner within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. The included breakfasts were fine.

The one negative is this hotel attracts a French clientele, and most of them smoke. They were smoking in the dining area, around the pool, and on the beach lounges. The hotel policy allowing smoking everywhere would cause me to reconsider staying somewhere else if I ever return to Amed area of Bali.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are the same size as bungalows so no need to spend the extra money.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susiesan1
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in July 2013 and were very impressed with the place from the start to finish !

Arriving late, in the dark, we were greeted in a friendly, professional manner, with cool drinks and an easy, streamlined check in.

Everything was pleasing, the bungalow was cleaned daily while we were out snorkeling off the beach. We were not interested in the T>V> That was not why we we travelled to Amed.

The bed was very comfortable, more so than many we have stayed at for 4 times the price, and was king sized - v v good.

The breakfast was included in the tariff and had plenty of choices. We also dined there for 2 lunches and a dinner - lovely food for very low prices.

We liked the small quiet resort, was always relaxing with helpful staff at all levels. If we go back to Amed one day we would be happy to return. Great value !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rainforestmagic
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I have been the last 12 years to many, many BALI Hotels before - but spending ~~70 US$ a night, I felt really ripped off !! Well - the gardens are lovely, so is the location, the beach and the spacious rooms - the romantic Mosquito net around the bed! But once you really there it is different! THE rooms are SPACIOUS yes - but also are really very spare. No couch, no nothing to sit, besides the bed, The TV does not have signal, (not evenINDO TV!!) so you need to play DVDs, the promised internet was not working at all - the MINI FRIDGE was full of ice (not the ice, you put into drinks ..), the shower was leaking, -. and the fish in the pond outside hardly had no water - and the fish were almost stranded on ground. I felt so sad for them - especially since there was constantly staff running around and 'working' in the garden ... not seeing the obvious. I did not eat there, as I felt ripped off already and did not want to give them more money - so I can't say anything about the food .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Survivor76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karangasem
Pondok Vienna Beach
Puri Wirata Dive Resort and Spa Amed
Anda Amed Resort
Anda Amed Resort
#9 of 19 in Amed

Been to Bali Bhuana Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!