“One of the most hospitable places we have ever stayed in !”

Tirta Ayu Hotel & Restaurant
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location of this small hotel is nothing but spectacular. The setting is just mesmerizing with all the fountains of the beautiful waterpalace Tirtagangga. The staff is incredibly friendly and they all knew us by name. They have just 5 or 6 bungalows so you really feel special. A nice pool within a lush tropical garden. Our room was beautiful, not 5 star luxury but that was never our intention. The food is good but the real stars of this charming spot is the location and the great staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Every time I come to East Bali a visit to the Tirta Gangga Water Palace, followed by lunch at the Tirta Ayu Restaurant overlooking the water palace is a must. The atmosphere is incredible, the view lovely and the food delish! Definitely recommend this relaxing end to a visit to the beautiful water palace!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
haryo2007, Director of Sales at Tirta Ayu Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Ibu Dani,

Thank you for your comment and look forward welcoming you at Tirtagangga again.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

It's simply a great hotel with lovely staff and a very nice restaurant overlooking the water gardens. We had the Pool Villa which was next to the small swimming pool at the rear of the site. I slept like a log!
The best part of the hotel is the fact that you can easily swim in the large, spring water pool, with a myriad of tiny fish. Also you can visit the gardens at your leisure. The spa is just a couple of massage tables outside by the small pool; the ladies who run it had very few clients owing to it being low season.

Room Tip: They all looked nice to me. I'd have stayed in any of them.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your comment , we look forward to your next holiday in Tirtagangga.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

As we have enjoyed staying here several times before, we decided to return and have no regrets at all. It was definately to our advantage that we stayed during a quiet time in Bali in February. We booked the Raja room and were not disappointed. The room is exceptionally clean, spacious and cool and the bed was very comfortable. The steps up to the room are quite steep so if you have a physical challenge be aware. As others have mentioned the staff are delightful and helpful in every way and we felt as if nothing was too much trouble for them. The massages we had were fantastic and we left beautiful Tirta Ayu again feeling thoroughly relaxed and pampered. Thank you team.

Room Tip: The Raja room is clean, cool and spacious. Recommended.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your visit and stay again with us , i hope you enjoy your holiday in Bali and look forward your next stay with us next year.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The site is wonderful, with the water palace, the fresh water pool, and the nice surroundings and landscape. We were impressed by the good service in the hotel and particularly in the restaurant.
The hotel is simple, but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I spent my first night in Bali in the Tirta Ayu Hotel. This had all been pre-arranged by my travel agent. From the moment I stepped out of the car to the moment I left I can't believe how well I was treated and looked after. The staff could not do enough for me. I was allocated Villa No.1 which really was something special. My only slight issue was the tiny doorway - I had to bend down to get in but as I'm well over 6 foot it was not a problem! The bed was very comfortable and I loved the semi-outdoor bathroom. I chose to eat in the restaurant for dinner and the staff reserved the table on the balcony overlooking the Water Palace itself. The food was excellent and I ended up having a good chat with one of the waiters over my coffee and arak at the end of the meal. As other reviewers have said, make the most of the gardens once the crowds have gone for the day. It's a beautiful situation to be in and I hope to return someday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I got married at Tirtagangga on 2nd October 2013. It was heavenly! There is nothing that the owner, Haryo and his amazing team will not do for you. It was overwhelmingly beautiful and we were treated like royalty for the 5 days we and our families stayed at Tirta Ayu. Whether you are a hotel guest or just having lunch there, you will love it. The food, the people and the surroundings are all beautiful. All this at an extremely affordable price for 5 star luxury.
We will return as soon as we can and cannot recommend it enough. Thank you!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful Villa style rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
haryo2007, Director of Sales at Tirta Ayu Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Sherilee,

Thank you for your comment , our team look forward to your next stay with us.