“Pleasant journey” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Kerobokan
Melbourne, Australia
“Pleasant journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

in november 2010 I along with friends planning a holiday to Bali to celebrate New Year's Eve there, but it turns out all the hotels and villas are booked full.
finally we change our plans to bali in december, we chose at the beginning of January.
Initially we plan to book a hotel room through Agoda, samapai on one night a friend of mine found the ad Bali Fantastic Tours & Travel on facebook.
my friend tried to look at the website of balifantastic, bali fantastic try suggesting to Kokonut Suites as the best option, in addition to the price of the rooms are fairly cheap and a good interior condition, and the atmosphere is calm and pleasant.
finally we tried to follow the advice of bali fantastic, after we were in Bali we were picked up by the balifantastic as a free service, and we were very surprised after seeing that what is recommended by balifantastic truly proven.
Kokonut Suites can be a place that could be considered if you want to travel to Bali.
and for the price we suggest to book through balifantastic, the price they give to the guests very cheap than the other agents.
success for Kokonut Suites ....

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

My wife and I stayed at Kokonut suites for 3 nights and while it looks generally ok when we first got there, we started to pick up the subtle hints of why we paid what we paid for this place. Looking at the pics on the internet and even afterwards looking at my pics, I noticed it definitely looked great in pictures. It's only when you get there and take a closer look do you see the imperfections. It reminded us of boutique hotels back home where they try to make it look really elegant and nice but you can tell that it was done cheaply. It would be nice also if they would put in some money for upkeep as the hotel looked a little run down. At the same time, it is Asia and standards in Indonesia is different than North America

Service was generally ok, as everytime I needed something and if I called the front desk, they were pretty quick to respond to me. Communication was a little difficult as the staffs comprehension on English was quite minimal. Tough to ask them for recommendations of what to sight see.

Breakfast buffet was not too bad. They have an omelette station which was quite nice. But it was interesting that when my wife asked for a egg white omelette, they made her an omelette but instead of beating the eggs, just cooked them over easy with the egg yolk still in it and added omelette ingredients into it. Never seen that before, and they seemed to know what we were asking for originally.

The room itself was pretty nice once again in the pics but slightly different when you looked up close. Surprisingly there was a minibar as well. Our room was quite spacious, high ceilings, had a living area, kitchen, and dining table. Bathroom probably the most disturbing area as it looked older than any other part of the room. But it was still generally clean and usable. The only other thing that I would advise would be that while the bedding was cleaned, they look like they have trouble getting rid of old stains and those were evident on our sheets. Little bugs such as tiny flies could be seen running around on our beds, but it didn’t overly concern us as we would just flick them off. Supposedly, there is a bug repellent electrical unit you can plug in. Make sure you plug it in. Beds were actually quite comfortable and we were easily able to have a good night’s rest.

Internet access was not free in the rooms but the use of the wifi in the restaurant was free and connection was easy and smooth.

Overall the stay at Kokonut Suites was good. You have to be in the right frame of mind and understand that you really are getting good value for your stay. Don’t expect anything more or less. It served the purpose for us while we stayed in the city areas to explore. But we moved onto a beach side resort for the second half of our stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vulture604
Maroochydore, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

Stayed there because a friend was celebrating her 1st wedding anniversary and she had booked more than 10 rooms to accommodate us, her guests.

Lovely boutique hotel. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Location was easy enough to get taxis to anywhere you wanted to go and we are returning for Christmas 2010.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

we just stayed here one night as our other hotel (desamuda village) was fully booked and booked us for one night here. the rooms are big with a separate sleeping area. it is not in the centre but by a rice field and therefore it is windy outside which i liked because in general there is not much wind on bali.
but the rooms very badly maintained. the place has been opened only three years ago but the walls were dirty in many places. the doors in the kitchen furniture were broken and one of them felt when we opened it. the bathroom was not very clean especially the sink. i don't know how much it costs but if it is expensive i wouldn't recommend it.

also it is not very quiet as you can hear all the steps from the people in the room above you.

wifi internet costs 100.000 IDR per day -> expensive!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank das_ubersoldat
Fremantle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

The hotel is on the outskirts of Seminyak but hotel provide a free suttle bus daily, quiet area but on a busy road with nofootpaths, very friendly and helpful staff, rooms were large and clean but seemed to be a bit ratty round the edges, the bathrooms were on the insiides of the room and had no windows or ventilation so therefore a bit stuffy/stale.

We chose to stay at Kononut Suites as on their website they raved about their kids club and having 2 small children though this would be ideal......kids club consisted of a small room with a playstation, a few toys that were broken or had bits missing, no organised activities and no carer/supervisor, very dissapointing. The swimming pool is also fairly deep, 1.5m so we had to be in the pool supervising our kids at all times.

Overall though we enjoyed our stay and if had no children would stay there again and recommend to freinds

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

We returned 5 days ago from a family trip to Bali and stayed 2 nights at Kokonut Suites as a stop gap as we could not get the full period in two other hotels we stayed at.

The website photos make the place look amazing, particularly the pool which turned out to be suprisingly very very small and not nearly as impressive as the photos looked. Quite misleading I felt.

On the day we arrived at check in it was pouring rain and reception is tiny and almost in the open, there were about 20 other groups checking in or leaving and there were bags and people everywhere trying to stay undercover, really squashed however I guess it doesn't rain often in Bali so usually not an issue. We were checked in suprisingly quickly given the kaos and people.

We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was really quite large and very modern and very nice.

Each bedroom had a bathroom that is enclosed behind a door. It has no windows and looked and felt really dark and dungeon like. I believe the hotel is only a few years old however the wood panelling behind the shower was mouldy and really worn and the fact that they have used tiny mosaic type tiles in the bathroom showed dirt and mouldy and looked really old and grotty for such a new hotel. It also felt dark and dingy, we really didn't like the bathrooms. Our daughters were scared in the bathrooms with the door closed so I had to hold the door open or put something between it to keep it open when they went in. Oh, the hot water in our room was cold the second night and was still cold in the morning of check out. I reported it and a man came to fix it which he said it was and showed me the hot water working when he came back so I went to breakfast and when I came back to shower before check out, it was freezing again so i left unshowered! Nice!

We alway book apartment style accommodation with cooking facilities and lucky we were only staying here as a stop over measure as the rooms lacked all cooking facilities. There was one pot and knives and forks NO other utencils, cutting knives or frypans of any sort. Some glasses and plates, no bowls, no toaster, you could not cook here at all, or open a beer . I was so glad I hadn't booked longer like I originally intended,

You also have to book and pay extra IDR50000 per day for a DVD player which I thought these days was standard in all the other hotels, villas I've been to.

Internet was not free either in the room and cost approx I think, IDR150000 (about AUD 23) per day so I said no to that however you can use it free in the restaurant so did at breakfast.

We went to the restaurant the first night for dinner, first thing that struck me is that there was no "atmosphere. Second thing was they have these cone shaped light fixtures above the tables that were FULL of some flying tiny bugs, they were also ALL over the table. My children were horrified and I asked the waiter if we could spray the light fixture , she grabbed one of the serviettes and flicked the squillions of little bugs off the table and left. Meanwhile a million other little bugs were falling all over the table and WOULD fall into your food. My children asked to leave and we got up and left, caught a cab for a few dollars into the "Eat Street" part of Seminyak not far away which turned out much better.

I do not understand why hotels use vinyl furniture around pool areas and vinyl cushions when it is SO hot, you simply stick your bare skin to them, quite uncomfortable.

Breakfast was provided and the kids liked it, I enjoyed it, not 5 star but perfectly okay and I ate happily.

Kokonut suite was sold to us as Seminyak however its is really Keokoban and is at the end of the Seminyak built up area however taxis are so cheap so doesn't matter however not really walking distance to anything, shopping, eating, beach, no.

The place is okay, nothing majorly wrong however nothing outstanding either, I felt nothing really about the place, I left feeling "bland" and disappointed. For the price we paid, we had already had much nicer at the same price in the heart of Seminyak (check my other review on Bali Yarravillas) so I was not really impressed. It is out of the way at the very end of the whole built up kuta/legian/seminyak end of things so unless it is a fantastic hotel, I have to be honest and can't see the point in staying here at all, there are so many other options much nicer to choose from and in far far better areas. Sorry

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda3030
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

We checked in around 7PM, so it's already dark outside, but inside the hotel building is quite bright from the warm lights. I booked for the single bedroom suite, but when I arrived they only had the two bedroom suite, so they upgraded my room for free.

When I entered the suite I was surprised because it's so spacious, it's like an apartment. It has a complete kitchen with fridge and dining sets, dining table, sofa, television, reading chair, desk for work and a balcony facing the pool. The bedroom is clean and warm. I love its simple and minimalist design. One interesting thing is it has a hidden bathroom behind the big mirror in the corner of the bedroom.

The breakfast is only so-so. The bacon was hard and salty. But the other food are just okay but there are a few good restaurants in a walking distance and some mini mart.
But if you want to go to some activities, shops or the beach, you have to take other transportation, either by car or motorcycle because the hotel is quite far from the city center and safe to swim beach.

We stay for two nights and we spend all our time in there enjoying our time with TV and books, and just go outside for buying snacks and dining out. It's like I said, it feels like home.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
#1 of 141 in Seminyak
Grand Balisani Suites
Grand Balisani Suites
#7 of 34 in Kerobokan

Been to Kokonut Suites? Share your experiences!