OK, time for honesty.
We have stayed at Grand Avenue more than six times over a three year period. The staff are great, the location is good (being close to Seminyak, and yet far enough away to get some peace and quiet) and it has so many positves. We have stayed in both the one bedroom pool villa's and the two bedroom pool villas. Both spacious with lovely open plan sitting rooms and great bathrooms. The beds are comfortable and the breakfasts (cooked in the Villa) are good. HOWEVER - Over the years the Villa's have aged an are in need of better up-keep. The rooms need re-painting and the wood work is chipped and peeling and needs treating. The bed linen is worn and needs replacing the towels are threadbare and faded by the sun, these need replacing too. The televisions must be more than 10 years old, as are the in room stereos/DVD players - all these need to be replaced. Recent years have seen the addition of a communal swimming pool at the bottom of the drive - however in all honesty while this benefits the smaller rooms that dont have pools, the money would have been better spent in updating and refreshing the main accomodation. Currently a few new rooms are being added at the front, and more expansion is planned to the left of the front side of the entrance, which will all be good and well if they dont let the rest of the standards slip. Having become quite attached to the place over the years and having had many wonderful stays there - this last time we questioned whether we would return. Time will tell. Its a competitive market in the Kerobokan/Canggu are and there are many options. For the sake of the lovely staff at Grand Avenue i really hope the management "get it together" and recognise that they cant let their standards slip. They are investing in new a new pool and new rooms, however perhaps at the expenses of better upkeep?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious holiday villas in Bali with private pool, kitchen, living and dining room. It is located 20 minutes from Bali International airport and 10 minutes from Seminyak Beach and night life in Seminyak area. Our spa is a good choice for relaxation and healing service. Honeymoon package, family package are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Avenue Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Avenue Bali Hotel Kerobokan
- Grand Avenue Bali Kerobokan