See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Putu I was a great host at the nice and small "Dana Guesthouse"! He arranged a lot for our group of eight guests like: free motorbikes, late breakfast, taxies and a boat reservation for the rest or our trip. He even took us on a nice trip around Bali and tought us about his Hindu culture. The rooms where good for a budget accommodation. We had a great time with Putu in Bali!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I booked through one of the online travel agency and wished to cancel 2 days out of the original 4 days. Therefore I wrote an email and ask if it's possible. Without confirmation/ approval, they straight away cancel all 4 days and wanted me to book again with the option to book only 2 days. I wonder how hard it is to cancel only 2 nights? I was told that it's due to the hotel policy " if there any cancelation guest have to make a new booking to avoid confuse and there is no cancelation fee of any cancelation". Yes, but that doesn't explain my condition, and No, I didn't see any clause of it. Apparently they want to earn the hotel taxes, when you make the bookings.

However, i did check and do as their advice, book only 2 days. Difference is that I used different travel agency with a cheaper price of difference around 10 USD (in total). After confirmation of everything by the agency, one day later, I received an email from the agency mentioning that the they were informed by the hotel itself, unable to fulfill the booking due to overbooking problem. I checked again after that for the availability, on different websites, but there are still rooms available!! What a disgrace!

Previously i read about the good reviews (majority) in Tripadvisor, and now I just finish reading the bad review. What an arrogant tone - Putu? The same guy who cancel my room!!

Please expect an arrogant reply from the hotel soon!

I've never been to the hotel, yet, so unable to comment on the rating (neutral), exceptional for their service, which is bad!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
danabali, Owner at Dana Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Sir .

it's Putu here , again aim very happy that you expecting to stay with our Hotel Guesthouse for your holiday in Bali but the way you make a booking is 100% failed , and well i have to response your comment of Trip Advisor .com now ,
well as our conversations on 2 december 2013 by email that we mentions of cancellation have you made was fully confirm as your first request ! and in the 3 days after confirmed you had send us email again that we have to keep your booking for 2 nights , well we can't do that madam even in other hotel that is totally out of terms and conditions of hotel policy . it's the reason why i ask you make a new booking to avoid a miss understanding or confuse of your booking in future . Do aim wrong to do ask you on that way ? i wish sorry if i did it wrong, if you fell it . about tax and fee you talking about is it not true , may every body read on it is high on graduated and every body can understand how travel agent is work to sale a room in hotel and how tax is work , well i don't have to explain you again is on public . just to be sure all tax and service if included in our room price also included breakfast. Again aim Very sad that you couldn't reach at Our Hotel , last you write we had over booking and that is 100% lie , i believe it :-) but is ok then , i wish you will read my post aim very glad to invite you to have a coffee in our Hotel and chat with us i will send you other email again for invitations , even you stay in other place i can provide a free transport for you to visit us , just fell free to contact me if you need any help that i will do my best for you :-)

Best regards

Putu , Reservationa Department.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I only stayed here for two nights, but we had a really great time. The free airport shuttle was really helpful, considering this guesthouse is fairly out of the way. On our first full day in Dana, Putu arranged a day trip for us and another couple around Bali to see Mt Batik, a temple, the famous rice terrace, a free coffee tasting tour and the monkey forest for only 45US for all four people. After already having been scammed in Thailand with "day trips" on tuk-tuks, this trip was a steal! Putu was very accommodating and helpful whenever we needed anything. Free breakfast was good - toast with scrambled eggs, coffee and fruit. Would definitely recommend staying here and asking for the Bali tour!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank DGershtein
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here 4 two weeks at the end of my trip with 3 of my friends. It's the cheapest accomodation we found and had no problems with it. It states that it is a low budget accomodation so I don't understand why people were expecting luxury. Our room was clean, air con and free wifi. Putu and his family made as feel very welcome and were always super helpful if there was anything we needed. Free breakfast every morning and free tea coffee and water throughout the day. Putu went out of his way to clear his schedule to do seperate journeys to the airport for me and my friends. It is a little out of the way but they provide free scooters and taxis to the main locations like Kuta and Seminyak are cheap. Free prick up form the airport also which was an extra bonus. We all had a wonderful time!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The place was good with basic facilities (free wifi, hot shower, air conditioned room, complimentary breakfast, plus coffee, tea or just water all day), and a free motorbike as a bonus. The area is not too far from Kuta town. It took me approximately 20 min on a bike, I enjoyed the journey nonetheless. Made, Putu and all the staff / family members are very nice people. I sure had a wonderful time chatting with them until very late night with coffee and beer. If you're a budget traveller looking for a peaceful and quiet place to stay in Bali, I would recommend this place. We (me & my gf) may consider coming back next year.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple