“An absolute must!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Sardine boasts an incredible location, stellar service, and absolutely delicious meals. We'd go back there in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a special dinner here on the 14th April and as we arrived we were seated out the back on lounges near the rice paddy which looked stunning and offered a drink to begin while we waited for other friends to arrive. I think we started on Margueritta's which were alright. It was then that i discovered that they have a dress code as one of the staff informed me that singlets were not allowed and offered me a nice shirt to wear. I could understand this rule if it was Bintang singlet, but this is Bali afterall and i was wearing a yoga coutture fresh white singlet.
When we were seated we ordered some more drinks and decided what we wanted from the menu, with the waitress being helpful in answering any questions. I had the imported scollop dish (from Nova Scotia) with duck Ravioli which was very nice and just the right portions. I had the chocolate mousse for dessert which was outstanding.
Overall the place is great, nice views, ambience and service and great food. The prices are a little more than some places but good value for the standard of food. I would definitely go back and try a few more dishes.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went back to Sardines for dinner. Previous experience were so-so; dinner this time would have to be our best meal in Bali this holiday. Service was seamless (unlike haphazard and lukewarm service at the other `fine-dining' French restaurant in the city), food was amazing. Well done, and will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We never miss lunch at Sardine on our regular trips to Bali, and enjoy taking friends with us when we do.

The food is fresh, well cooked, the subtle but distinctive use of flavours and spices only enhances the quality and presentation. Free flowing cold ice water is a nice touch and the wine list, though small has interesting selections, the Polena Donnafugata matched the food well!

Ask for a seat overlooking Rice Paddies when you book!

1  Thank Travellers057
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a romantic dinner here.

A few things:
- please ensure to book a table facing the rice field
- sunset view is gorgeous so be sure to book a table and get there on time to take a few nice snaps
- be sure to confirm booking with the restaurant too. It was very busy there so if you don't confirm your booking, don't complain if they don't have a table for you

We shared a very nice tuna starter, the tuna was very fresh and good quality. For main courses, we had the pan seared scallops and also the suckling pig. Both were beautifully cooked. For desserts, i ordered a finger creme brulee and my boyfriend had an apple tartin. Both were ok not amazing.

But overall, very good dining experience with good food, service and nice setting!

1  Thank Jashaha