“A Good Atmosphere Here”

Piduh
Ranked #139 of 209 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: My wife and I found this restaurant, just opened, close to Seminyak. We initially went for a lunch time drink and snack, but then found that the ambience and friendliness of the staff encouraged us to have a meal. We had a wonderful seafood platter, with sauces, and a choice of European beers (as well as the normal Bintang and other locals). This was indeed a surprise find as the decor is beautiful, with old sculptures and large pieces of petrified wood. We found that the owner also ran a gallery at Nusa Dua which explained some of the decorations. This was newly opened, but showed great promise.
Reviewed 8 December 2011

My partner and our friends went for dinner a few nights ago and enjoyed the atmosphere of this restaurant. You can sit inside (still semi open) or outside in the garden with a variety of seating and tables, they also have nice covered areas with lots cushions and mattresses to sit, lay and relax.

Service is really friendly and the staff are nice. Just a little more knowledge is needed from a few of the staff about what they have on the food & drinks menus.

Food in general was good and served fresh. Interesting soup and main course choices ( I had broccoli with onion in chicken stock with cream on top and Swimming duck as a main) and good deserts. We generally enjoyed our food but one of my friends didn't enjoy his chicken main course very much.

There is a good selection of drinks soft and alcoholic at very reasonable prices and a very large selection of Belgium Beers which were very enjoyable.

I would recommend this restaurant for the atmosphere but don't expect really fancy food and remember the prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank balijazz

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We went here by accident one night and the kids loved it. Great setting, very Balinese with lots of fairy lights, kids loved having dinner in the raised Balinese pavilions, sitting on lots of cushions on the floor.
Food good value with separate kids menu.
Staff very friendly.
We went back a second time and will go again next time in Bali. Daughter said was best place she'd ever been!

1  Thank gjtanner
Reviewed 3 October 2011

So I will go back and try my meals as the environment was really very enjoyable. The food however was just passable.

Atmosphere - set in wonderful gardens my family and I really enjoyed the time there. plenty of seating and loads of interesting furniture and so on made for a very pleasant environment. In the gardens was traditional Balinese music and in the main area more cafe del mar type music.

Service - well looked after and the staff quickly got to helping my kids with toys and playing. which was great, gave my wife and I time to relax.

Food - erm, not so good, not bad just not good.

Price - hard to complain, very good prices

Best: Atmosphere
Worst: Food
Go Again: yeah I will try it out, love to see it work

1  Thank michaelmckerlie
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I've been to Piduh Restaurant on many occasions--with friends and sometimes solo. It's an expansive site but the decor and ambiance is cozy, warm and inviting. The food is marvelous, offering western and Indonesian fare. The service is as warm and gracious as the restaurant itself. A perfect spot for a romantic dinner or to entertain out-of-town guests. I especially love the cushioned,"balai-balai" for a more intimate dining experience. The lobby / bar area is wi-fi ready for those who want to enjoy a meal and / or beverage and still stay in touch with friends, etc. Piduh offers a great value for your culinary dollar. One of the best new restaurants in the Seminyak / Kerobokan environs.

3  Thank TresFrancais
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stopped by for lunch out of curiosity at this newly opened restaurant and it was so good that we returned for dinner a few nights later.
Located up the Kerobokan end of Jl Petitenget, it is probably a little far away from the "hip" end of town. An interestingly decorated open pavilion plus a beautiful tropical outdoor area with a mixture of seating options make for a very pleasant spot at any time of day.
As a regular visitor to Bali, I have often been disappointed to go to restaurants which have received rave reviews only to be totally disappointed with laclustre food, outrageous pricing ( by Bali standards) and indifferent service, so it is really refreshing to come across a place which is really trying hard to deliver.
While the menu is a little on the small side, every dish we had, from traditional Nasi Campur, Balinese spiced fish, Seafood platter and Grilled duck were all very good to excellent. Presentation was innovative and the complimentary sides were a welcome surprise. Everything on the plate was fresh and inviting
What sets this place apart though, is that the management is really customer focused and trying to please with excellent product and superb service fronm start to finish. They really seem to be trying to do everything right and succeed 9 out of 10.
Worth going the extra Klm up the road and supporting this new venture. Give 'em a go!

3  Thank ozwombat