“What a find!”
Review of Villa Kayu Raja

Villa Kayu Raja
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A friend & I recently spent 5 nights at the villa Kayu Raja. The villa itself was exceptional - clean, incredibly spacious, well set out ..... & that pool! Just delightful!
The staff were incredibly friendly throughout our stay, as well as very attentive and helpful (for example, after I explained my luggage had been lost by the airline they gave me one of their polo shirts to wear)
The in house restaurant - which provided the daily buffet breakfast that was included in the price of our stay was very good, as we're the massages that we had in our own villa.
Overall, the villas are well appointed and close to all Seminyak has to offer.
I would definitely recommend a stay at the Villa Kayu Raja.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Leanne B
Gustra D, Director of Sales at Villa Kayu Raja, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Hi Leanne B, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the chams gather!
Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank you for staying with us recently. Your comments and inputs are really appreciated. We will use your valuable inputs to encourage our staffs by always providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the near future... Have a great week end!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The staff at Kayu Raja are so friendly and attentive. The service here makes you wish that all your local businesses were the same. After seeing mixed reviews about this property I was pleasantly surprised at the level of service I received. The breakfast buffet (which some don't rate highly) was better than I expected. There is a large array of food and an egg station where a chef will cook whatever style you desire in front of you. The "hot items" were changed daily and range from American to Indonesian styled breakfast. In fact the restaurant both the food and the staff are excellent. I highly recommend the Udang Goreng - Grilled prawns with Balinese herbs. Absolutely delicious and the combination of the herbs leaves you wanting more. As a seafood lover I ordered this several times during my stay. The food was so good here that as a solo traveller I was quite happy to explore during the day and eat most meals either at the restaurant or through room service. The staff in every department are lovely, everyone always greets you and has a small chat & by the end of my stay I didn't want to leave them. Service is always very prompt and they are very accommodating. The rooms are kept very clean (housekeeping services twice a day) and are really spacious. The bathroom spa bath is amazing, and the shower is full of hot water - something I wasn't used to in a prior trip to Bali. I also found that the location was perfect for me. I didn't want to stay on the main strip of Seminyak as I like to stay somewhere a little more quiet, however it is close enough to everything and most importantly I didn't meet a taxi driver who didn't know where the villa was. Though just in case I would recommend taking their card from reception with you when you leave for the day.
The only downside of the villa is that there is a slight smell at certain times which I would think is a slight plumbing issues but it is easily solved by lighting a candle or some incense.
Even if there was more issues with this property (which there wasn't) I would still rate this villa as excellent. The staff are amazing and the management team should be proud at their hiring process as they have chosen exceptional staff.
I will definitely stay at the Kayu Raja again... in fact I think I will be booking it for my next trip in October :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cfc2013

Hi cfc2013, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the chams gather!
Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank you for staying with us recently. Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use your valuable inputs to encourage our staffs by providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the near future... Have a great week end ahead!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have just recently spent 5 nights at the Villa Kayu Raja, we were so happy with everything, villa was lovely, bed very comfortable, downstairs the open lounge room was great, loved the pool, nothing better than coming back after a day of walking around and having a swim in your own pool.
Staff - all were just fantastic, very friendly and very welcoming to help you out.
Breakfast - great no complaints
We would definately stay back here again, thanks :)

Room Tip: We had the room facing the morning sun, I liked this, but each to their own.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel E

Hi Mel E, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the chams gather!
Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank you for staying with us recently. Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use your valuable inputs to encourage our staffs by providing our guest a better products & services in the future. One thing for sure, guest satisfaction is our primary goal in the villa. Therefore, we would kept enhance the service & facility of the villa and always try to deliver our best possible service to all of our guest. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the near future... Have a great week end ahead!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We found this place cantik villas Bali. Loved the service here. Our room was clean and well presented. Their driver had car troubles when picking us up from the airport. I wasn't impressed at first but after a phone call they told us to get a taxi and when we arrived the manger came out and paid for it. Get location and close to everything. If we come back to seminyak we will defiantly be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Emmabarnett12, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the chams gather!
Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank you for staying with us recently and willing to post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use your valuable inputs to encourage our staffs by providing our guest a better products & services in the future. One thing for sure, guest satisfaction is our primary goal in the villa. Therefore, we would kept enhance the service & facility of the villa and always try to deliver our best possible service to all of our guest. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the near future... Have a great week end ahead!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Loved this place although there were a few things that could be better overall was fantastic great food, service, comfy bed clean rooms great shower and spa bath my only complaint was the pool was freezing and smelt funny don't think it was the cleanest but room service was amazing very prompt and any issues we had they sorted we had a problem with our driver total scam the manager stepped in to our defense sorted it out would absolutely return and recommend
Thanks

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amiepoo

Hi Amiepoo, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the chams gather!
Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank you for staying with us recently and post a comment on this page. Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use your valuable inputs to encourage our staffs by providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Furthermore, We will pass this issue to the respected department to be follow up accordingly. One thing for sure, our guest's satisfaction is our primary goals in the villa. Therefore, we would doing development (enhance service & facility of the villa) and in other hand always try to maintain our best possible services to all of our guest. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the near future... Have a great week end with your beloved one!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Villa Kayu Raja. It's in a great location with one of the best restaurants just down the road (Sarong - amazing), shopping, day spas and really nice bars / hotels. The villa is so spacious and comfortable, pool was so refreshing, staff were so helpful and friendly. We had a really enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gustra D, Director of Sales at Villa Kayu Raja, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Hi Sarah B, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the charms gather!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would coming to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

the villa was good with nice pool we liked it. we did not like the food. Symniak beach is about 15-20 minutes walking distance. Symniak square is about 10-15 minutes walking if you want shopping and nice bars and restaurants. and Kuta is about 15 minutes by taxi

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi KhalidZ, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the charms gather!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Regarding the inputs, I will pass it to our respective department to be follow up with further action. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would coming to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!
Gustra Darma.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
The Kunja Villas & Spa
The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa
Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa
Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa
#50 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Villa Kayu Raja? Share your experiences!