“A bit hard to find”
Review of Chef de Partie, Casual French - CLOSED

Chef de Partie, Casual French
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I saw this place when I first arrived in Bali about 3 months ago, it had just opened and I made a note to myself to have a look. The chef is Balinese but has worked and trained in Paris and London! I am a trained Chef myself and also a foodie so I know what it takes to run a restaurant.

The small dining room is cozy and not too overdone with a few pictures of travel and bottles of wine.

The menu is small but I would much rather that than a large menu with tired ingredients that have been scraped from the bottom of the walk in, all though I would have liked to see more than ONE vegetarian option!

Overall very tasty food served in a nice time frame. I will visit again!

My wife says

Restaurant is a bit hidden off the street, a little hard to find.

Atmosphere is relaxed, soft music playing in the background.

Staff are friendly and eager to please but they are inexperienced and seemed a little timid. Their english was not very good but they made an effort to try understand what you were asking for.

First course was good and when bread ran out they were quick to bring more.

Second course was very flavoursum, portions were good size and nicely decorated.

Dessert was a bit of a letdown, portions were small but still very tasty.

Overall a great restaurant, prices are extremely reasonable, food very tasty, ii would highly recommend.