“Luxury private villas surrounded by tropical gardens and traditional sculptures.”

Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here the highlight of our 2 weeks spent in Bali. Great service first class spa and private villas with pool and outdoor showers is something to experience. I highly recommend at least one night here it is worth the money spent a truly romantic get away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben L
plataranindonesia, Director of Sales at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Ben L,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to hear that your stay with us as the Plataran Canggu has been the highlight of your two weeks stay in Bali.

We wish you a pleasant and safe trip back and hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bali.

With kind regards
Iwan Sitompul

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was taking the honeymoon package and booked with the hotel directly, all via email correspondence. As advised by my friend, my dates were non-peak season so i can actually ask for free lunch from the hotel. I asked the person in charge and she was so kind to include a free lunch in my package. Everything was cool and we checked in the hotel on 19 Sept 2013.

The package was 3 days 2 nights, with many things inside such as, welcome drink, airport transport, breakfast, and the candle light dinner. The hotel mentioned I can choose any place in the hotel to have the candle light dinner and they will set up for us. The photos that they posted at their website was so nice, so romantic! This was the main reason that I chosen their honeymoon package.

Upon checked in, everything was good but i was wondering why they did not ask me where i want to have the candle light dinner and which night. We were just staying 2 nights, if not tonight, then must be tomorrow night. So, i guess they might ask me tomorrow morning.

Second day, we went to the restaurant wanted to have the lunch, they took about one hour to confirm that we were entitled to have free lunch at their restaurant. Well, we were ok because the food was nice and the staff was friendly too.

Still, no one ask us where would we like to have our candle light dinner. We went to ask the receptionist. We were told there was no free candle light dinner! The girl showed me the email without the candle light dinner in the package. I was shocked when i saw that email. I was very sure that the deal i got was with breakfast, one lunch and one candle light dinner in the package.

I was so upset but we did not actually argued much with the receptionist after explaining to her because i feel bad, like begging them to give us a free meal! But, i was so disappointed for not able to enjoy the candle light dinner at the place that i was so looking forward to! We ended up having dinner outside as we have no mood to go back to their restaurant anymore!

My hubby asked me not to think of the candle light dinner anymore and just enjoyed, don't let it spoiled the honeymoon mood. i listened to him but you know..... i was willing to pay because of the romantic dinner at the open area but ended up nothing!

When i reached home, i retrieved my email correspondence with the hotel coz I want to find out the reason! I was right, the candle light dinner was stated in every email except the last one because the staff that i have deal with has resigned. And the one who replaced her took out the candle light dinner in the package but i did not actually realized. Was it a misunderstanding? i was wondering!

i was so reluctant to write this out but my friend said i should say it out so that others can check properly on EVERY email correspondence and don't end up like me!

Well, i have no complain to this hotel but it was not a very nice memory to me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank siew2000
Plataran, General Manager at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear valued Guest, Thank you for your review of Plataran Resort and Spa Bali. We apologize that you did not experience your Candle Light dinner as you expected. While we will always do our best for our guests but we happened to slip for your Candle Light dinner. I can inform you that our front office had some significant changes as part of our continuous improvement program, as I am sure you can see from our recent TripAdvisor comments – so this kind of mistake is a thing of the past. Please contact me (iwansitompul@plataran.com) so that we can try to make up for this shortfall when you happen to be in Bali in the near future.

We look forward to hearing back from you and hopefully welcoming you back in the near future to provide you a romantic Candle Light Dinner with your husband.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is remote so not very noisy but still close to main areas in seminyak and the main city. Perfect for a quiet few days away. Level of service was awesome and they catered for all our needs.

Private villas are brilliant with pool but all very private and clean.

Food is good and whenever we requested staff would deliver to our villa and set it up on the deck. Also prices are reasonable. And when we didn't want to eat in, the staff were happy to book us other restaurants.

Also we did a Balinese cooking class which was amazing. Trip to the market in the morning followed by cooking three dishes, really fun experience. And they took lots of pictures for us so was even better.

Lastly spa facilities also very professional and reasonable.

Overall a very enjoyable and relaxing trip. And the friendly and professional staff made it even more special.

• Stayed: December 2013
plataranindonesia, General Manager at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review, we are so happy to hear that your holiday with us was enjoyed to such an extent. I have passed your comments on to the team who are extremely happy to have made your stay so special. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We have just left this resort today. Having been to Bali on several occasions and numerous other countries over the years, we can confidently say that our stay at Plataran is been one of the most enjoyable.
The warm hearted hospitality and experience of each member of the 56 strong Plataran team led by GM Ranae was evident from the moment we arrived till we left. This is quite an achievement.
We got to know some team members by name, Weda, Made, Nellie, Dewi, Thomas, Subali, Wayan, Restu, Komang, Indra, Sandy, Gede who worked as a seamless team, and each made us feel very much at home.
Our villa for the week was a slice of paradise, it was well maintained and clean. We enjoyed many quiet hours reading and swimming in a beautiful lush garden setting. 2 thumbs up to housekeeping. Help was always available when we needed it.
We will miss the delicious meals prepared by chef Made's kitchen and led by manager Weda. You should try the creme brûlée trio, babi guling and nasi goreng. Do also attend the cooking lesson and gain some confidence and appreciation of Balinese cuisine. We now have a number of recipes under our belt - special thanks to chef Wayan.
Final thanks to the front desk - Nellie, Dewi and team for handling our numerous requests for transport and organising our activities to lembongan and tanah lot.
This is a special place of tranquility that we wholeheartedly recommend.

Stayed: December 2013
plataranindonesia, General Manager at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. The whole team is striving hard every day to try and deliver the best experience to guests – it is wonderful to see that this is being felt and appreciated. It was great to meet you and the whole family over Christmas and wish you all the best for the New Year.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We are a family of four, and spent our Christmas break at the Plataran Resort and Spa. Coming from busy Singapore, we wanted something that is not your typical five star branded resort, but rather something a bit more local, private and laid back. Spot on! The staff is wonderful, the food delicious (we had dinner 6 out of 7 nights at the resort) and the 2 bedroom duplex villa with private pool was very comfortable and clean. What impressed us the most was the individual approach to service and our requirements. Nothing seems too much trouble. The resort is despite having only 19 villas quiet large, with beautiful balinese landscaping. We loved the Spa, great value for money averaging 35-40 US$ for a treatment. Should we come back to Bali, we will stay here again, maybe in combination with a night or two at the new sister resort Plataran Ubud, as a day trip is quiet a stretch with traffic.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AKtravel1967
plataranindonesia, General Manager at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review. It was a pleasure to host your family over the Christmas period and to get to know you all so well – the whole team was sorry to see you leave. Thank you for highlighting the efforts of the staff to provide an individual and personalized style of service, I have proudly shared your comments with the them. The time I got to spend talking with you all was wonderful and I look forward to doing so again very soon. We, together with Plataran Ubud – look forward to taking care of you all on your next holiday to Bali.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel lived up to its advertising with superb individual bungalows some with their own small swimming pool. The staff could not have been more helpful and the service was excellent and attentive. There is a concierge available who arranged taxis and trips for us at very reasonable cost and advice on where we might go was most helpful. The restaurant was good and breakfasts excellent. Room service was at no extra cost for anything off the menu and worth using.
The hotel is about 20 minutes taxi drive from the sea and the town nearby the hotel is not worth visiting. Our main disappointment was not in the hotel but in Bali itself which is has been developed into an enormous shopping centre with hotels and clubs hogging the seafront. Swimming in the sea is also limited due to rip tides. Bali is nothing like "South Pacific" but the local people are charming.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side villa - they are all individual villas and isolated from the other guests for max...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ray G,
Thank you for your kind words – I am sorry to hear that Bali itself did not live up to your expectations, but we are glad that we were able to offer you a little refuge from the hustle and bustle outside. Additionally, the kitchen team is very grateful for your kind words on the menu and they continue to improve on this each day.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

From the moment I met Mr. Agung, the driver that pleasantly smiles despite my 2 hrs delay at the immigration counter, right till he dropped me back at the airport, 5 days later, I could not find a single issue with this place. Totally spotless.

I initially planned to spend my birthday with my loved one but the relationship did not work out, forcing me to enjoy all the luxury experience alone. But trust me, Plataran Bali made my sorrow and pain drifted so far away, I thank God I'm still single. LOL

Very beautiful room, cleaned twice a day, and awesome room service, Plataran Bali offers nothing less than 5* treatments. I requested for 2 breakfast meals served by the pool every morning, enjoyed 2 hours of massage and body scrub, swimmed at the main pool regularly, worked out at the gym, enjoyed the hot tub, DVD rental, and seriously I wish I could stay longer.

Thanks to Plataran Bali for such an amazing experience.

Room Tip: All the villas are nice and since they have 2 entrances, location is not an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Abdul Razak S

Dear Mr. Abdul,
I am very happy to read of your experience with us – we also wish you could have stayed longer! It is very nice of you to single out our driver Mr. Agus – it is always great to get recognition for the team like this.
We hope to see you again soon and Thank you again for your kind words.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa
#2 of 34 in Kerobokan
The Trans Resort Bali
The Trans Resort Bali
#16 of 149 in Seminyak

Been to Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!