Marbella Pool Suite
The Santai(Kerobokan)
US$533
US$296
Agoda.com
Grand Balisani Suites(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$68
Agoda.com
Putu Bali Villa and Spa(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
US$64
Villa Kayu Raja(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$90
Kokonut Suites(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$60
US$25
The Lokha Umalas Villas & Spa(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$109
Agoda.com
The Adma Umalas(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$39
Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$151
Agoda.com
La Villa Mathis(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$95
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsseminyak squarenearby shopsbeehoonrelaxed staywalking distancebuffet breakfastthe air conditioningmini martstayed here for nightsamazing staffbalicomfortbathtubvillaconsprossofa
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We were picked up from airport and taken to villa, further out than we normally stay but this didn't matter as we had a bike dropped off by bobos bikes and tours. We were meant to have 1 bed with pool but ended up with 2 bed with pool as the second. Bedroom is on the other side of the pool it wasn't like anyone else could use it, so very private. We had fridge mini bar very cheap as cheap as the deli so didn't mind using. Room was kept immaculate came each evening to close curtains turn back bed and spray for mossies. Was not really hot there at the time so didn't use pool, would be great in the real heat.have to agree with others on the breakfast needs a bit more variety , but in saying that they did accommodate us buy cooking toast till really brown and adding chopped chilli to the omelet I think if you explain what you would like they were more than accommodating. We had a late flight out so they gave us 3 pm check out and then we booked a massage with the villa and asked if we could have a shower after the massage, they organized it all . We had our massage from 5 to 6 in one of the rooms then showered and refreshed we had transport to airport. The staff were more than helpful. Not for those who want to party around pool at happy hour but fantastic for romantic getaway or quiet relaxing.great restaurants Round potato head, rustica,no far to seminyak square. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get upstairs
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
CattleyaSuiteBali, E Commerce Manager at Marbella Pool Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, your input will make us grow better and satisfy the guests expectation. Hope to see you soon; the legendary sunset is always here.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were a little concerned to be staying at what is described as a 'soft opening' period really meaning it is not yet finished. However we had an amazing time, The villa was spacious and luxurious, the bath was heaven!! The work is continuing but very discretely. The staff are amazing and work hard to ensure you have a brilliant stay. The pool is very nice and loungers comfortable. The only problem really was not having a bar to have a drink but that is planned. The breakfast is delivered to your room in a morning which is good in some respects but again would be nice if there was a breakfast room. We used the hotel transport which was great and we got dropped of at the airport after our stay, which is included in the room price. The villa's are a little off the beaten track but that does not cause a problem and it is next door to a bit of a run-down place but that is usual in Bali and does not spoil what is in the complex. Thanks to all the staff for there dedication and we will most defiantly stay again if we are in Seminyak.

Room Tip: You will not get a bad room here whatever you choose

Reviewed 27 July 2012

My boyfriend and I were quite apprehensive about the hotel as there were not a lot of reviews about it on TripAdvisor. And the reviews on the cold private pool made me kinda regret spending that extra money for requesting for a room with one.

The hotel provides shuttle services to and fro the airport. We read that it was meant to be free but during the trip to the airport for our return flight, the driver told us that we had to pay him. We said that we already did at the hotel and he didn't ask for more. Wondered if he was really telling the truth...

The check in and check out were done swiftly which was excellent. Since the villa was built around more or less an open concept with an outdoor bathroom, it meant that there were constantly many mosquitoes. Furthermore, the hotel is just opposite a seemingly stagnant rice field, maybe that's where the mosquitoes came from. However, the hotel was helped solve that problem daily by spraying insecticide daily. Smoking repellents were also placed near the pool to help get rid of the mosquitoes. The problem was that there were sometimes dead mosquitoes floating in the bathtub. On the first day, when we just entered our room, we were greeted with an insecticide smoking just along the corridor which was very noisy and smelly as well.

The room was always cleaned properly and bottles of water added everyday for us. There was also a huge fridge and a microwave for guests' use.The TV provides a myriad of international channels. There was just so much to watch, it provided good entertainment for us at night. The air con is perfect for such hot weather as well. The bed was fluffly and just right for sleeping. I have been to hotels where the pillows were too hard or too low, or the beds would give you a shoulder ache in the morning. But the beds in the villa was really comfortable and allowed me to have a good night's sleep.

The private pool was too, too, too cold. Just as what almost all the other reviews have mentioned. My boyfriend and I used it not more than 3 times throughout our stay. It wasn't because we really enjoyed it but just that it felt like a waste of money if we didn't utilize it enough. Cattleya should install heaters in the pool. There is no need to turn the heater on the whole day or put the switch for the heater in the villa where guests would turn it on the entire day. Having the reception or some hotel staff controlling the heater, turning it on for just a few minutes at intervals each day would be fine. There won't be too much of a waste of electricity too.

The breakfast was not good. I ordered the local breakfast most of the time and I would prefer if the Nasi Goreng and Bee Hoon Goreng were spicy, as what the locals would have. My boyfriend had the western set throughout the holiday and the portion was too little for him. The bacon was just too little. Other than that the rest was fine. Maybe add in some hashbrown??? Haha.

Location wise is pretty bad. Many taxi drivers around the area don't even know where the hotel is and the hotel is not very obvious from the main road. There is a need to drive down a bumpy unlit road to get to the hotel. My boyfriend and I tried walking back to the hotel from potato head and we were almost attacked by stray dogs. We couldn't see the dogs, only hear its barkings getting closer and then we only saw it when it came pretty close. Luckily the driver from the villa nearby offered to help us and send us back in the car for free. Really much thanks to the driver from Villa Lumbog or something like that. You saved our lives!

Before we checked in I had to make a deposit of 500,000 rupiah but upon checking out I did not receive it back. Instead, I was told to wait for 2 weeks to get my money back. I have never experienced such a thing before so I am pretty worried if I would get my money back. Shall wait and see.

Overall, I had a good stay at the Cattlaya Suite Condotel. I would come back to stay here again if the hotel manages to sort out the few kinks that they have.

1  Thank mengcheng

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My sister and I booked a 4 Days 3 Nights 1 Bedroom Pool Villa at Cattleya via a Groupon deal which we thought were quite a good deal. Like one of the previous reviewers, we were also a little concerned about what to expect from Cattleya since there was no previous reviews available. We decided to go ahead with our gut instincts and were pleasantly surprised with risk we took.

Our package included airport transfers, welcome drink, afternoon tea and a late check-out at 3 pm. Aryana, who picked me up from the airport was very friendly and informative. The journey from the airport which usually takes around 30 minutes took almost 2 hours unfortunately due to it being a Friday and many airlines landing within the same hour.

Within 5 mins of arriving at the reception, I was led off to Villa No. 106 where my sister was waiting as she had checked in earlier. Our villa was spacious, considering that it is about 103 sqm. I love the layout of the villa. However, I agreed with the rest of the reviewers that the indoor pool was too cold! I only swam 3 times in the pool during the duration of my stay and that was because I was brave enough to try the cold water. Cattleya needs to consider adding heater to the indoor villas’ pools or these will end up like white elephants instead. The step leading from the side of the pool to into the water is too wide and there needs to be an additional step for safety and accessibility reasons.

Personally, I preferred the small main outdoor pool which was joined with the jacuzzi. It was warmer under the sun and as everybody else was in their villas, we had the whole pool and jacuzzi to ourselves. One of the housekeeping staff told us that the weather now is too cold even for the Balinese themselves. He said that the best period to travel to Bali would be after August.

The room is very spacious and I love the layout of the room and Cattleya has one of the most comprehensive channels that we had come across during our travels. Although there were mozzies in the toilet and pool area, we never got bitten at all, which to me is simply amazing!

Breakfast was simple but you have to order the night before and they will serve it in your villa. Do yourself a favour and go for the local breakfast instead of Western as the western breakfast was a pathetic attempt at best. Our package included afternoon tea which consists basically of beverage for each person and 6 pieces of cookies. I think the concept is nice but the quality and quantity needs improving.

Internet is available 24 hours a day with a key code available from reception free of charge. The problem is after a while of usage, we always discovered that the ID and passwords are no longer valid and we needed to head to reception to get a new one which makes it a hassle especially when they change their IDs and passwords every day.

The reception has very nice staff like Wina and Dewa who tried to assist us in our every requests including changing of airport transfer timing, making reservations at Potato Head, Ku De Ta etc., and doing it all with a genuine smile. In fact, we find the best thing that make our trip so memorable and relaxing was the service from the staff.

2 thumbs up for the staff of Cattleya!!!

Room Tip: There is a Mase Restaurant serving Ippolito Coffee at Maca Villa within 5 - 10 minutes walk from Cattleya. Their coffee and biscotti was of very high standard. Food was delicious and reasonably priced as well. The waiters and waitresses were always serving with a smile.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Our booking came with an airport pick up, which made things very convenient. The cold wet towel and cold bottled water provided during our pickup also helped refresh ourselves after our flight.

When we arrived, we were informed that we got an upgrade to a room with a private pool during our 3 night stay at the hotel :) The room was big and tastefully decorated with an outdoor toilet. The air conditioning was powerful which provided us some respite from the hot bali weather. Television has many channels and the bed was comfortable. Toilet was big, clean and bugfree although it was outdoors. Water pressure was good and there was both a shower and a bathtub. Our private pool was also quite big and looked inviting. However, as mentioned in the previous reviews, the pool was covered and extremely cold, making swimming in it a little daunting.

Location wise, the hotel is not near the beach/town centre. The road in/out was bumpy, unpaved and had no lighting. As such the only way in/out is via the hotel shuttle (which the hotel staff was quick to arrange) or via taxi.

Breakfast standard was inconsistent. The first day, we ordered the local friend beehoon/noodle and it was extremely salty. We barely finished half our portions. However, the same order on the second day was perferctly fine. Although the selection for breakfast was limited, however the portions are huge as it came with a main, a fruit platter, coffee/tea and freshly squeezed juice.

Maybe due to the fact that the hotel was not running at full capacity, service was excellent and prompt.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends