“Nice Mexican Foods”

La Libre Taqueria
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The focus at La Libre is fresh and healthy Mexican food. All kinds of tacos, big nacho plates and burritos with a selection of house-made hot sauce to try. Be warned: hot means hot! We serve a variety of cold, cheap beer and a wicked sangria. LA bar-style decor with air con inside or patio tables available. Open breakfast, lunch and dinner. Delivery available between Seminyak and Echo Beach. Now open 7 days a week.
Bali, Indonesia
“Nice Mexican Foods”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We've been there a few times and we also ordered their delivery service. Foods at La Libre are consistent and delicious, only the price is a bit steep. For the few times we went there, the place is always quiet, we're easily the only patrons dining there and it makes the ambience somewhat cold. We are definitely a loyal customer because of its proximity from our place, but I'd we move out, there are definitely nicer Mexican restaurants to visit here in Bali. Service is expectedly acceptable, most of the time, the waitresses are friendly and smiley.

• Visited April 2014

• Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
“Wonderful Mexican food ”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Can highly recommend this little Mexican establishment. Can highly recommend the pork tacos .. Absolutely devine. If staying in the Umalas area definitely worth a visit or two. The only suggestion I would have is that it might be worth investing in some cooling for the restaurant proper - we ended up sitting outside as we found the heat inside too stifling :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ring of Fire!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have been here a few times and have always really enjoyed the food, up there as the best Mexican cuisine in Bali!
Tonight I thought I would take a chance with a Ring Of Fire chicken burrito. I like my food spicy and usually douse every meal with chilly or Tobasco sauce and when others at the table are complaining the food is too hot, I can usually barely feel it. The waitress warned me that the Ring Of Fire is "very spicy" but I assumed that this was just an obligatory warning for the chilli vulnerable. I was wrong...
This burrito was probably the hottest thing I have ever put in my mouth. I managed to get 3/4 of the way through it before giving up as my tongue was on fire, my eyes watering, my stomach burning and my beer running low. I cant say it was enjoyable as I actually couldn't taste the food I was eating due to my burning mouth. It did help clear out my sinuses which was a positive! Hats off to the people that can eat one of these things without combusting!
I personally think that it would be improved by replacing some of the rice (which holds much thermal heat) with extra lettuce, and adding some avocado and sour cream to provide some contrast and relief to the overwhelming spice.
Do not take this as a complaint as I was clearly warned before hand and have thoroughly enjoyed every other dish I have had there, highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
“Foodgasm!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I'm absolutely in love with the mexican food here! Definitely (for me) the tastiest mexican restaurants you can find on Bali! I'm a regular so I usually stuff my face with the burritos and tacos! The quesadillas are freaking amazing as well! I highly recommend the beef and pork quesadillas, the meat is really superb! Not to mention the Sangria is really amazing :D!

• Visited March 2014
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Best mexican food I've tried in Bali”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

They have the best Mexican food and chillies I have ever tried in Bali. The prices are also amazingly low. However there is only one flaw and that is the music. THERE IS NO MUSIC! they can have no DON with no music.

• Visited February 2014