“Kampoeng Villa - Two Bedroom Villa”
Review of Kampoeng Villa

Kampoeng Villa
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Overall Kampoeng Villa is excellent value-for-money. At the rate that I paid, it was worth every dollar. I've spent the same amount in other Bali villas before and they were not as good as Kampoeng Villa. It is only short of one star because it is not in the best of locations - still it is a reasonable 15 to 25 minutes to Seminyak central by the hotel shuttle service.

Pros: (1) Attentive service; (2) Spacious and clean villa
Cons: (1) Pool bottom needs scrubbing; (2) Some corners of room needs painting

Suggestion: Invest in a basic fitness room (I had to interrupt my gym routine when I came to Bali)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
pande777, Manager at Kampoeng Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Value Guest

its a pleasure for us to serve you at Kampoeng Villa Bali. We glad that you enjoy your stay with us.
Please contact us directly if you have any inquiry in the near future. We will be more than happy to provide you with our special deal

We are looking forward welcoming you back at Kampoeng Villa

Reviewed 25 December 2013

First, let me get talk about the annoying things about the villa. These are trivial issues that didn't impact my overall experience at the villa.

1) Internet blind spots
There are several areas of the villa where you can barely get a wi-fi connection. As I'm not
heavily dependent on internet (I'm on vacation), this isn't much of an issue to me. However,
when I do want to get online, the numerous security log-ins I have to perform (the villa logs
you out after several minutes of inactivity) in order to regain my internet connection is rather
annoying.

2) Absence of clothes hook at ground floor toilet
A toilet is located on the ground floor. However, it lacks a basin for washing your hands and
a hook for clothes. Now, where am I suppose to hang my clothes if I'm using it?

3) Strange smell at the bedroom basin
I complained of a strange odour that only comes from the basin at the bedroom. A technician
came to check and assured me that the smell is due to a filter that is in place. I, however,
remain skeptical.

4) No laundry bag and no laundry price list
For two days, I tried to send my clothes for washing and found that the laundry bag and price
list are missing. I called the receptionist who promptly sent an attendant to me to collect my
laundry and showed me the price list. It would have been better if the price list and laundry
bag are already present daily.

5) Stained pillow
I assumed that cleanliness is of the highest order. Sadly, I found a pillow that is stained. A
photo was taken and has been included in this review. If only housekeeping would find this
before we did.

Now, the good things about the villa. I like the tranquility of the villa. Hardly any traffic and nestles in a quiet little place. Every little complaint I made to the staff is promptly attended to and problem rectified. If you're the sort who likes to have a slow relaxing vacation at a reasonable price, this is the villa for you. Personally, I enjoyed my stay here and will visit it again with my family.

Cleanliness : 3 out of 5
Maintenance of the villa : 3 out of 5
Service staff : 5 out of 5

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken_Lee031

Dear Value Guest,

From all of Kampoeng Villa Staff would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and thanks for all the input that you give and we will make sure to pass it to all Kampoeng Villa Staff member.

We glad that you enjoy our service and we do hope to see you again at Kampoeng Villa in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This Villa was so welcoming that I didn't want to leave the Villa once I arrived. I stayed in the 1 bedroom villa which is lovely and much more spacious than most.

Staff are simply beautiful and would help when I needed anything. They were always happy to have a driver drop where I needed to go, which happened to be to one of my favourite Coffee haunts, Deus.

The beach is a drive away but not far which is great as being that little bit further out I found it peaceful. So peaceful my stay was certainly not long enough.

The Bed= the best sleep I had had in weeks!

See you again soon Kampoeng!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mel_travelled33

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Its a pleasure for us to have you here and we glad that you enjoy your stay and we do hope to see you again in the near future.
We do take all the necessary way to improve our service and we thank you for all the input . We will pass and discus with all the team to get the best way for the improvement.

Again from all Kampoeng Villa Staff would like to thank you and we hope to see you again at Kampoeng Villa in the near Future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I'm writing this after staying here for less than 24 hours because I'm just so darn impressed! We bought a Scoopon for a 4 day 3 night offer and were kind of skeptical at first because the deal seemed too good to be true. Upon arrival in Bali, we were greeted by our chauffeur who then braved all of Bali's hellish traffic and delivered us to the villa safely. We were then greeted warmly by Yati (if I remember her name correctly) and were provided with a refreshing drink. She then arranged with the driver to take us out while the room was being prepared and provided us with an umbrella to keep out of the rain. I must say kudos to the driver as he was very nice to bring us around and wait for us.
The villa is huge and beautiful! I love it! But the floor feels a little dusty and our shampoo bottle was running low. But it doesn't matter! I cannot wait to try the pool out! So far, the staff here at Kampoeng Villa have been very helpful, warm and friendly. I look forward to spending the next couple of days here and ordering my complimentary massage that's comes with the deal!

Pros:
- warm and friendly staff
- quiet and relaxing
- big and spacious villa
- nice smelling toiletries
- private pool!!
- room service butler kindly set the table and poured water out for us.
- driver is spectacular!!

Cons:
- discovered that the shampoo bottle was almost empty when I tried to use some to wash my hair
- rain shower doesn't seem to have evenly distributed water delivery. ): kind of sad because I was looking forward to that but it's ok.
- no where to hang towels after showering
- ordered room service. I had the nasi goreng and my partner had the fish fillet. Both arrived cold. The fish was rubbery, squishy and was impossible to eat. I reckon it was frozen and cooked frozen without actually defrosting. The fish dish was so sad looking, that I ended up sharing my meal. The fried rice was decent but would have preferred it to be cooked fresh or at least microwaved.
- dusty feeling floors
- stained towels

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
pande777, Manager at Kampoeng Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Value Guest ,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Kampoeng Villa, we glad that you love the villa and the service that we give . We will make sure your stay will be memorable with us.

all the item that you note will be brought to our staff attention and also all the management.

We do hope your stay will be fabulous and again from all of kampoeng villa Family would like to say thank your time to write and share your experience.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stay here with my husband & my son. This villa very spacious, has 2 floor. But very very very dirty, has a lot cobweb, the floor is very very dusty & has a lot hair at the floor. This villa like never occupied.

First day when we stay, the lights off 3 times. 2nd day, 2 times.
When I take a bath, the water also off, & I need to call reception.

On 2nd night, the bathroom has leaked out, don't know from where.

This villa really really makes me crazy.

We booked for 4 nights, but on 3rd day, we move out to another villa.

DON'T EVER COME TO THIS VILLA..!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank SantiSuliandjo
pande777, Manager at Kampoeng Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Value Guest,

It is our most regret that The Family of Santi Suliandjo last stay with us was not a pleasant one. We are deeply sorry to the miss-unfortunate incident with the toilet blockage and few mishaps happening in the villa during your stay.

Without undermining all the discomforts you might be experiencing, we believe all efforts have been offered to help you and your families to ease the discomfort from proposing moving to another villa, extra cleanings as well as complimentary dinner and spa treatment. we even designated 3 staffs to fully supervised the villa during your stay. Which unfortunately, none of them seem to be acceptable to you.

At Kampoeng Villa, we would like to set the record straight by showing you facts of what happened during your stay:

16 October 2013 The first night, you and your husband spent a bit of time at the reception areas, inquiring lots of question regarding who are the owners of the villas, how long the villas have been built, where all the printing materials done, where to get the logo done and all detail questions. Which all these questions answered very professionally by our staffs.

Yous start making a comment about small cob web in the corner of the window, which was addressed straight away by our butler. The head butler made a notes to all butler to put more attention to the guests and requested 3 butlers to do the clean up of the villa for the next morning.

Date 17 October 2013
The 2nd complaint came in the next afternoon re toilet blocked. Again this is addressed straight away. There was nothing serious, just a couple of pumps, the toilet runs normal again.

On that day, there were 2nd power cut from the PLN (Electricity Company), and our back up genset took about 10second to get the energy going. Even these promptness, resulting a severe complaint from you. Being in Kerobokan area, electricity instability and power cut often happened.

The final complaint came when the toilet blocked again. Two maintenance staff were sent to fix the problem, and unfortunately they had to undo the toilet to address the problem. It seems that something really "stubborn" stuck in between pipes. This is a situation where could happen when something was jammed in the toilet. Like ladies pad or small piece of cloth.

At this point, we were gently offering you to switch to another villa, which was turn down by the you. Not even a compensation of such as recovery service were accepted. When you decided to check out early, we arranged the refund for the balance of payment straight away. I am actually sorry for staffs in Kampoeng Villa to endure such a hostile complain from you right to the minutes we refund the balance of the payment.

Please be informed, that our report shown that there was NOT a single leakage that we found. On that 2nd day, the villa was cleaned 3 times, and there was NOT a trace of leakage. And technically, there has been NO broken pipe or possibility this could happen, unless the customer overflow the tub or the sink.

All the bathrooms are in the 2nd floor.Your review re leakage actually raised more confusion to our staffs and management.

At Kampoeng Villa we really value our customers review, however, we value that there have been so many "unfair" review filed by the you. Accidents happened, unfortunately.

However, Full report of daily cleaning and engineering activities during your stay were fully checked, and based on thorough investigation, I value that the team worked their utmost efforts to restore the order and to please the customer.

All of the reviews from our customers posted on Trip advisors and on our review book, it may not be ALL perfect but it fully indicates that we are striving for best serving our customers.
Thanks,
Management of Kampoeng Villa

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Welcome one and all to the mighty Kampoeng Villas. Get geared up for a super relaxing stay, a massive luxury villa, a hospitable team of local hosts, and close proximity to the Seminyak hub (Kuta's respectable, sober older brother). Complimentary breakfasts every morning (Danishes are a must), a free massage, quality room service, an extensive menu - we were kings for a week. If you're not psyched on the Kuta cesspool experience, KV is where you need to be! Do it!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John D
pande777, Manager at Kampoeng Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear value Customer,

From all of Kampoeng Villa Staff member would like to thank you for your valuable time to share your experience during stay with us at Kampoeng Villa Bali

We are more than happy to hear that you have a great experience during stay with us.

We do hope to see you again at Kampoeng Villa Bali in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

What I loved - rooms are very spacious and I really like the private pool. staff were friendly and helpful and informed us that we could cycle out to the main road for some good food.

what could be better - the place seems rather new but already maintenance doesnt seem to be carried out very often. some of the towels are stained, there is some muck in the water feature outside the lobby and the
sofa does not feel clean. could also make the overall experience better by providing toiletries like toothbrushes, toothpaste and shower caps. it doesnt cost much but would make the stay more personable and pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013
pande777, Manajer at Kampoeng Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Value Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are hapy to her that you love the spacious villa and the private pool.

We also thak you for your advice to us with regards of the mainteance. We will make sure all of our staff aware of this mater.

We will make sure your next visit will be more memorable. We do hope to see you again at Kampoeng Villa Bali