“Retro Chic Comfy B&B”

Brown Feather Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Brown Feather is a wonderful, neatly decorated B&B. I booked one evening there. I booked the Halona room, which included a breakfast, a queen sized bed, fridge, and a large bathroom. I was unable to get the rooms at the end that faced the rice paddies. However, I absolutely loved the vintage decor. There is a narrow, quaint pool available for those who want to go for a swim. You can tell that the rooms and kitchen are carefully adorned with retro pieces bringing character to the entire feel of the B&B. Breakfast consisted a choice between an Indonesian style breakfast or a Western breakfast. I chose the Indonesian breakfast which was fried rice with eggs and came with a side of fruit, juice, and coffee/tea. Service was impeccable. The employees and especially the manager was extremely attentive and catered to my needs. Hair dryers and even iphone/ipod decks (although mine didn't work) were available when requested. They helped me book a cab for the airport ahead of time. They also have motorized bikes on site free for customers to use. I borrowed one for half a day riding around the Seminyak area. The location is perfect as in its slightly away from the really busy touristy area, but close enough to the beach, party areas, and delicious food (Pak Malen for roasted pig, Warung Eny for authentic Indo food) all within the area. This was indeed good value for your money especially since I booked during their low peak. I would definitely come back to Brown Feather.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Ms. Lucy,

Thanks for taking time to write us a long review here.

We all are glad to know that you enjoyed your (short) time at the hotel and love the detail of our decor. We hope this can be of good references to others who wish to make a trip to Bali to experience the same excitement as you did!

In addition, it would be an honor to have you in the hotel again in the future. Have a good day!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed 5 nights in Brown Feather. The hotel is lovely, and their suite room is big enough for 3pax. I like the retro furniture used in the room, and the bathroom is roomy. Love the bronze bath tub. The hotel only serves breakfast (Western or Indonesian) and there are few options for dining. Just get a taxi and you can reach the eating street (Jl.Laksmana) in 5 mins. You can reach Batu Belig beach in 5 mins by taxi as well.
Staff service was not bad, but my last night experience was affected after I read a note saying the tip we gave for housekeeping was only enough to buy candy. I've done the same for previous 4 nights but never receive any comment like this. It's a pity that our small gesture was not appreciated.

1  Thank Jyunqing
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Sir,

Thanks for taking time to write us a review on Tripads.

This is our culture to listen to customers' feedback for future improvement, especially when we heard from you about certain thing that embarrassed you. We will sit down together and make them understood how things have to be.

However, we wish to get another chance to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

It's a small hotel with well decorated rooms. If you prefer a little more leg space go for the 'Ahemsa' room, I think it's just a grade higher than a superior room.

Try to ask for the room with Balcony - that balcony can become your little hangout place.

Breakfast absolutely basic! For a 'brown' titled place no brown bread for breakfast. Go out to BOW, next door restaurant, for brunches.

1  Thank Timoresebychoice

Dear Sir,

Thanks for taking time to write us a review on Tripads.

We all are happy to hear that you love our place.

Actually, we do treat special request such as brown bread if you ask our associate a night before since logistic is done during evening.

We wish to welcome you back in the future and ensure you to have brown bread for breakfast at the balcony.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I've heard this B&B from my fellow friends for quite long time. So I booked 1 Ahusaka room with a very affordable price. The room just perfect, very clean, smells nice, well equipped, and beautifully decorated. Their bathroom is beautiful with big mirrors, complete bath set, and gorgeous green tiles. Next time I want to try the corner room, witn the padi field view. The staffs are very friendly and helpful, I always appreciate good hospitality. Overall, I recommend this place if you want to try a different style of stay, still with a good price and good service.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sikastiara W
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Tiara,

Thanks for taking time to write us a review on TripAds.

This is our culture to listen to each of our guest's feedback for future improvement.

We all are glad to know that you're enjoyed your experience with us and excited to welcoming you and, hopefully all your friend, back at the soonest.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Had a beaut stay here, close enough to the main drag without being too sucked into it all. Just beautiful design, fresh and real.... if you want a place without all the unnecessary over the top resort features this is the place for you.
Affordable, pleasant, friendly, comfortable, peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaurBade
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review on TripAdvisor.

We're all glad to have had you in the hotel, especially that you enjoyed your stay with us. have a great day ahead and wish to see you again in the future.

GSA Team - Brown Feather Hotel

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Started with a good and nice greet from the receptionist, then they let us do an early check in. The room was clean and neat. It have that tropic feels. Then the bathroom was also clean with a nice retro bronze like bathtub. They also cooked your dinner order in the eatery area so you can see the prep. So nice and would love to go back there! Best fo value!

2  Thank Rudy A
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Dear Mr. Rudy,

Thanks for taking time to write us a review on TripAds.

This is our culture to listen to each of our guest's feedback in order to be able to provide better services in the future.

We all are glad to know that you're enjoyed your experience with us and excited to welcoming you back at the soonest.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights, hotel room was beyond comfortable, it has a really distinguished interior style which I really like. Staffs were really nice and polite. I didn't ask much direction since I already knew my way around Bali. Not to forgot to mention, the price is really affordable for its class. A simply no-brainer!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ramli_90
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Mr. Ramli,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review on TripAds!

This is our culture to listen to our guest what they actually think about us and take further action simply to ensure your stay/future stay as comfort. We're glad to know that you enjoyed your Brown Feather experience and is looking forward to welcoming you back at the soonest.

Have a great moment ahead!

GSA Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
ibis Styles Bali Petitenget
#50 of 148 in Seminyak
Bliss Surfer Hotel
Bliss Surfer Hotel
#18 of 87 in Legian

Been to Brown Feather Hotel? Share your experiences!