“I love The Feather”

Brown Feather Hotel
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I'm just planning another trip to Bali and Im drawn again to Brown Feather. The Feather and its gorgeous staff welcomed me on my last trip, and subsequently half the guests of a wedding I was attending. Its the sort of place that part of you wants to tell the world about and part of you hopes that it can remain a great secret to the knowing few.
The way this place has been put together is just classy. Its not over-wrought and too shiny like some hotels tend to be. Its tidy and clean buy mellowed with the bohemian accent of well selected vintage furniture and tasteful fittings in earthy finishes.
I love breakfast in the foyer each morning {go with the Bali breakfast}. I love floating up and down the pool. I love that they remember me and are finding me another perfecto room for a couple of weeks. I love the other regulars.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KyraLove
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Kyra,

It always great for us to hear about our guests' experience in our place, Brown Feather Hotel, especially that you enjoyed the stay.

You represent our place perfectly that others may take it as reference for their future stay in Bali. We do appreciate your effort by taking times for reviewing us here and wish to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Brown Feather Hotel

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I loved this place! The design of the hotel had a very natural and bohemian feel. As you walked in the lobby there was a pool and behind it was a beautiful green rice paddy, what a gorgeous view! The ambiance of the place was just perfect! The room decor was beautiful, the staff were all very friendly and attentive. For breakfast we had the choice of either a Indonesian or Western breakfast. I met lots of other great guests there! I would highly recommend this place to anyone. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kauna1114
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Kauna1114,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Brown Feather Hotel. Especially that you like our decor, view, services which make you feel like to come back again. It would be an honor for us to welcoming you back with the same experience as you had before.

Thank you for taking time reviewing us on TA and have a good day!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

really cute and affordable place to stay if you would like to be near seminyak.
the staff are very friendly and helpful. they have bicycles that you could use for free.

great location - not too far and not too crowded. it is by the paddy field - so we did have a small roach/insect. Also, guests returning at night could be reminded to keep their noise down.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. It can be good references for us to know where we are in the service and for the guest to get useful info about our property and its surrounding. In case of insect, we do provide repellent for those who are sensitive with insect. We will take a note about reminder for those who are returning at night to keep their volume down.

Have a good day!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I have recently held a wedding in bali. I've booked all 16 rooms in Brown Feather hotel for two nights, for my guests to stay.
I would really like to thank Komang and his staff for the transport arrangement and room distribution. He will follow up with me eg on guests arrival date, rooming list, transport pick up time to my wedding venue. When the transport was late to pick up my guest at brown feather hotel, he did a follow up for me. Thanks yo him that my guests arrived at the wedding venue on time for the ceremony to start. It's not easy to have an overseas wedding, it's nice to have someone to go beyond his duties to help out.

All my guests that stay at brown feather hotel are all from aviation industry, pilots and cabin crew. We are all frequent traveller and have high expectations when come to hotel stays, and service standard. Being a small, unique, boutique hotel, Brown feather won my guests over. Thank you so much to komang and team.

Location is fantastic too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lyloid
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear CPP,

Thank you for taking time writing us a sweet review regarding to your recent stay.

We have shared with all the team member that you're enjoyed your stay with us and, in return, we all are happy to have achieved it. Everything were done by default and it is our culture at Brown Feather to pay extra attention to guests' need.

We hope you both a prosperous life after marriage and wish to welcoming you and your aviation guests back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My parents and I had a great time and your staff were so welcoming and friendly. The decor of the rooms is just fantastic. The bed and pillows soooo comfy! I even noted down the brand so I can get something similar for myself! I will definitely be recommending the hotel to my friends. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear LF,

We all are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at BF.

Kindly let us know if you need our reference to get the comfy linen and pillow so you can get yours and make your morning feeling as you did at BF.

Thank you for recommending BF to your friends and hope to welcoming you and family back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Strong steady Wifi, cozy decor, great view of rice paddies & morning glories, and lovely smelling rooms (vanilla & lavender I believe)! It was such a pleasure to come back to my room in Brown Feather after each long day out exploring Bali. The staff are friendly & helpful (although a little shorthanded at night), and all facilities worked well. Also within walking distance to many eateries and shops along Kerobokan, so it was convenient to walk around and explore the area. Definitely value for money.

Room Tip: Choose a room further in, the ones beside the road can get quite noisy for light sleepers.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jeraneen

Dear Jeraneen,

We do appreciate your sweet review on TripAds.

Yes, you're right that we put an aromatherapy with lovely smell of vanilla & lavender. As many also say that out room is cozy and rustic. There are numbers of pre-wed session being held here. Since the hotel is only 16 rooms, we received quite a few 'group' inquiries from school boys to wedding group.

We hope to see you again in the future either privateer or in group of 16 rooms.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We've stayed in a few places around Bali before, and Brown Feather definitely tops our list for most unique. It was a pleasant, colonial style place which was a little way off the main road, but provided a restful haven. We traveled in a group of 4 and booked 2 superior rooms for our first night. The bed was big and comfy - could have easily fit 3 people; and the toilet - spacious and clean. It was a 2 storey hotel and the superior rooms were located on the 2nd floor.

Our 2nd and 3rd night were spent in the bigger Halona room on the 1st floor.. we were reduced to a group of 3 people and the hotel was kind enough to bring an extra bed in. Everything was perfect as well in this room; had a wonderful night's sleep - it was so quiet and peaceful. There was a convenience store right next door if you forget any amenities or just need some water or a snack. The hotel provides shower amenities, tea/coffee, and bottled water.

Breakfast was lovely and rustic, with two selections of either an American breakfast - eggs, toast and sausages, or an Indonesian breakfast - fried rice and eggs. It also came with a coffee/tea, juice, and a side platter of fruits. There are only 2 breakfast tables available and one has a great view of the pool area and rice padi field. The main table sits under a canopy of leaves so you might have some friendly ants interrupting your breakfast, but otherwise we enjoyed the view and ambiance. Though there were only 2 tables, we had no problem getting seats for breakfast, particularly because there weren't many rooms at the hotel.

For food, there's the ever popular Naughty Nuri's Warung just down the road, and Watercress Cafe (which serves awesome brunch and is full of foreigners). And we loved that Batu Belig beach is so nearby! It's actually about a 10-15 minute straight walk from Brown Feather, but under the sweltering Bali sun you would want to take a cab. Costs about 6500 RP from the beach to the hotel.

We also would like to commend the staff at Brown Feather, they were invaluable help from the booking 'til the checking out! For starters, I saw the rates for the Halona room, and sent an e-mail inquiry for a 3rd person's rate in the room. A Komang Swesen replied the next day with a detailed breakdown of the rates, and when I was pleased with it, decided to book via the official website about 4 days after the first time I saw the rates. However, I noticed that the online rates had increased by then - by about USD10, and promptly e-mailed the hotel again to ask if we could pay the first rate we were quoted. They very kindly agreed, and we are very appreciative of the hotel's integrity! They could have easily refused to let us pay the cheaper rate, and cited demand as the factor for the increased price on the official website, but they stood by their words, even when we had to go through a different and more arduous Paypal route instead of directly via the online website. Thank you!

Secondly, we were celebrating a friend's birthday at the hotel, and though we only requested for a birthday cake, the staff went the extra mile by decorating the bed with a lovely "Happy Birthday" message, and had a cake and card all ready by the side. She was so pleasantly surprised when she walked through the door!

In general, everyone was very pleasant and helpful; even the servers at breakfast greeted you with a warm smile on their faces, and they even send you off as you are leaving, waving goodbye as the cab drives off. All in all, Brown Feather has the whole package - wonderful design, excellent staff, and a restful, peaceful experience. I would love to visit again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie O
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Julie,

Thank you so much for your long, nice words.

We're glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Insect interruption during outdoor breakfast may be the the price we got to pay when living with nature. However, apart from having pest control to spray the area three times a week, we will place some coils around that point to control the insect during breakfast on daily basis.

Birthday surprise and final wave before the taxi drive off are part of our culture at Brown Feather. We do not only excited when you check in but also when you are leaving that we hope to see you come back in the future.

GSA Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
ibis Styles Bali Petitenget
#58 of 147 in Seminyak
Taum Resort Bali
Taum Resort Bali
#38 of 254 in Kuta

Been to Brown Feather Hotel? Share your experiences!