“great eclectic style ammodation in quaint & handy spot”

Brown Feather Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Raglan, New Zealand
“great eclectic style ammodation in quaint & handy spot”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

great place to stay for business & pleasure in and around seminyak/ canngu. love the eclectic style, clean, tidy, quiet and homely feel. helpful and friendly staff. possibly bit too small for big family stay or older kids ( rooms really close to pool and noisy for other people staying there).

Room Tip: best rooms are at back by rice feilds - quieter away from road.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank eclecticraglan
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Sir/madam (eclecticraglan),

It was an honor for us to have had you in the hotel and glad to know that we meet your requirements. Yes, we are very small for family escape and a bit noisy for nearby room when people using the pool. We will extend your praise to our associates who have done great to you.

Have a wonderful day and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

GSA Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The decoration was the reason I stayed at the hotel. Room was clean and comfortable, I felt like home instantly. Staff was very friendly and they made sure our room was clean and perfect. A perfect hotel for travelers that likes quirky interior with a bohemian feel.

Room Tip: Room with the rice paddy view has a small patio
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sritunggadewi
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Sritunggadewi,

Thank you very much for writing us a review here.

Nothing more important than having our guest happy with their stay experience. Apart from those aspects that made your stay comfortable, your particular 'room tip' would be very useful to our future customer.

We will extend your comment to all associates and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

So, I'm writing this review from the hotel as I'm currently working while waiting to meet a few friends for sunset drinks. Thought of writing a review right away as I'm so satisfied with my stay here!

I just booked this hotel the day i was arriving - late booking, but luckily it wasn't high season yet, so I still got a very good rate.

Arrived around midnight and was greeted by the security guard who checked me in. Since I only booked very late that day through booking.com, apparently my name wasn't yet listed on the whiteboard of the admin office, so the security guard had to call the manager to see which room I was allocated.

My room had a very big bed! Cozy too. Decor was quirky and funky. Very clean and well maintained, except for a pool of water near the sink in the toilet (which didnt really bother me). When I had breakfast the following day, the manager approached me to ask whether everything was fine, so I said it was, except for the small pool of water by the sink. He did mention that they are trying to fix it , but should be fine if they dry it during the day.

Breakfast was also good btw (altho simple), you can either select the American breakfast (eggs, toast, chicken sausages) or the Indonesian (fried rice and egg).

When I was checking out, they let me check out late as I still needed to work. As their internet connection is good and stable, i just decided to work from the hotel while waiting for the afternoon. I asked whether they provided food for lunch and they gave me a delivery menu from a nearby restaurant. When my order arrived, they even helped served my lunch on a plate!

Excellent service and friendly staff! Highly recommended.

Location-wise, very good for walking around to the nice boutiques in petitenget and also a short taxi ride to nice bars and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
brownfeather, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Ratih,

Thank you for taking time to write such a long, sweet words.

We love to hear you're happy with your recent stay with us.

On the other hand, our apologies for the 'pool of water' underneath the sink that we have already explain earlier if the room is supposedly be under maintenance but our system was down so online booking is still possible. That room was the only one available during those period so we have no other option to accommodate you somewhere else.

Our promise is that to have it dry when you come back and hopefully in the near future.

Keep smiling and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at Brown Feather Hotel for three nights after my friends left while waiting for a flight. I choose to stay here to the good reviews. The hotel did not disappoint. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the rooms incredible clean and the decor was great. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for people that want to lie around the pool as there isn't really place to do this but as a complete chill out with easy links to the town its great. The staff organised my washing to be done, helped me book a surf lesson and an airport transfer.

The breakfast was good. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Megan,

Thank you so much for taking to write us a review.

Your honest words are more than anything else for us. We all are glad to know you enjoyed most of the elements that make a great experience.

Understood that it is not a perfect place to lie around the pool since our space is very limited for this pleasure. We have been dreaming of having the same property with bigger space to cater every guest's need.

Have a wonderful day and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

came for 3 nights during long weekend and will come back again though the location is relatively far from the crowded seminyak. but hey, that's why we picked brown feather! also it's pretty near with naughty nuri's and watercress, so no complain at all for the location..

the staffs also helpful and we got the room with paddy view, as I expected! love the interior for sure as I am a big fan of vintage...

the only drawback is the hot water. at first night, the hot water didn't work for some reasons, called the staff then he checked and came back to us with mechanical issue problem. the next night similar problem happened, but I was too lazy to complain because probably most technicians unavailable with kuningan holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank eka s
brownfeather, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Eka,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review here.

We are glad to know that you liked our hotel in terms of staff, decor and location. Unfortunately, water heater hits up (unstable) in between which has become our concern from time to time. You're right since it was Kuningan holiday, it is a bit of a challenge to get a technician to deal with it.

Since the first few comments about it we have installed another system (solar powered heater) in order to accommodate the entire hot water needs. Later in the following month we, again, receive similar feedback and then we install that temperature was not sufficient. We decided to install a loop to circulate the water in the pipe that is getting cold to be replaced with hot water from the system in order to maintain the output as stable. Last Kuningan holiday we found it back again. Our technician found that one of the system did not work well. In order to have quick analysis (in the future) to any issue we separate the system now; one for left wing and the other for right wing, so that whenever we have problem to any of those we will know which to repair.

We check it daily and collect as much feedback from the guest upon breakfast and happy to hear they are fine with the hot water now.

Last but not least, please accept our apology for the inconvenient experience and we wish to welcoming you back with the absent of the issue.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Came for 2 nights stay and will come back again. The location was right on the side of the road of Batu Belig (across the first Circle K when you enter Batu Belig road) so it's easy to find. The layout of the hotel is unique which differentiate it with other hotels or any B&B with its vintage appeal with touch of boho chic. The room and bathroom was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful in any way.Perfect to lounge around the pool area or in your own room because it is so comfortable.
To go to the nearest beach/to the heart of Seminyak, recommend to use public trans (taxis) or rent a car/motorcycle. To grab a bite to eat/snack, Circle K & other neat cafes are nearby (walking distance). Of course I will come back again

Room Tip: To enjoy more of the paddy field view, book the deluxe room . Room 205 has better leverage with its...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Disaayu
Dear Disa Ayu,

Thank you for taking time writing us a review.

You represent our hotel perfectly that would be useful to our future friends all over the world. We can see your happy faces on the pictures posted.

Have a wonderful life ahead and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Amazing design, beautiful rooms, very helpful staff. We actually came back after our first stay. We wanted to spend our final night in Bali at the Brown feather hotel. Easy to take a (short) taxi ride to the city centre of Seminyak. Inspired to change the decoration of my entire house after this stay ;-)

• Stayed May 2014
brownfeather, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kelly,

We do appreciate your such nice words and are glad to know you love our place so much.

We still remember that you were taking a lot of photos for your inspiration in transforming your own house to BF-like-residence. It means that we are going to have a 'home' to stay in Amsterdam in the future.

Good luck with your transformation and look forward to welcoming you back

GSA Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
ibis Styles Bali Petitenget
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Tijili Seminyak
Tijili Seminyak
#38 of 144 in Seminyak

Been to Brown Feather Hotel? Share your experiences!