“Suckling pig at it's best”

Merah Putih Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 218 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Named after the two bold and vibrant colours of the national flag, Merah Putih is Bali's most complete Indonesian dining experience in a sumptuous environment.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We found this restaurant via an advertisement in the Jetstar magazine and were completely blown away by the quality, value and incredible dining room. The experience was perfect from start to finish. The 3 course set lunch was generous, delicate and absolutely delicious and for A$10 a head was a complete bargain.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,826)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Merah Putih is not just a restaurant, it's a dining experience.
We were highly recommended to come here by our concierges when asking for local cuisine... What a spot! The design is spectacular, the food and drinks are nothing less than incredible, and the service impeccable.
A lunch that made us return for dinner, and an evening that quite simply brought my girlfriend close to tears is more than worthy of my first review.
Absolutely incredible.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

came to eat here with a couple of swiss friends who were visiting and we were so happy... EVERYTHING we ordered was just incredible !

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I dined here last Thursday while we were on holidays and what a find! The restaurant is classy & visually stunning...but it's the food that blows you away! All of the dishes we ate (lots of sharing plates) were spectacular! Every mouthful was a burst of flavour... and honestly the best meal we had in Bali (and there were many good ones - you really are spoilt for choice there!! My husband (who fine dines regularly) and I would even go as far as to say it is the best meal we have ever eaten! Even the complimentary soup broth at the beginning was so delicious. We only wish we had more time to go back! Fantastic Balinese service to top off a perfect night!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

First things First, Absolutely Stunning restaurant !! there's no question about it. Love the design and decor of the place.. The fact that from the entrance, the Maitre'd leads us into this dark enclosed hallway.. that opened up to this massive high ceiling and white lit-up pillars.. I definitely can feel the impact of the design.

I was there for my partner's birthday occasion and we attended the Dinner time. and I can safely said that it was a great dining experience. From the decor, the service (which was impeccable, attentive, friendly), the attention of details, to of course the food itself, it was fantastic. make no mistake about it... it is not a cheap and cheerful type of restaurant, nor it should be either.

The majority of the food that we had was fantastic, I would definitely recommend trying the Padang Beef Shin Bak Pao, these are just delicious !! I could easily just have multiple of these Bak Pao the entire evening.

Although.. there's one thing that I would not order again.. and being in Bali and all.. ironically.. it's the Babi Guling. I don't know about during the lunch period, but during the dinner period.. I personally would not order it again. It tasted rather... too sweet for my liking... and all the other stuff that comes along with it... is really unnecessary for me.. Just give me the suckling pig meats itself with a couple of great crackling.. That's all it needs. Less is More... just my opinion.

All in all, I would definitely return again and try all the other foods, and as I understand it, the small plates menu changes ? so yeah, I would definitely return !