“Outstanding, world class in Bali”

Merah Putih Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 231 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Named after the two bold and vibrant colours of the national flag, Merah Putih is Bali's most complete Indonesian dining experience in a sumptuous environment.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Words cannot even describe how delectable the food at this restaurant is...it's shot straight to the top of my most favourite restaurants ever (and not just those in Bali). The service was top class, the food was so beautifully presented and cooked, the atmosphere is amazing....
We ate as a group of 10 on a set menu and then ordered wine to go with the meal.... we'd secured our table with a $10 deposit per person and walked away from there after spending approx $120 per couple - inclusive of the wine, this was top end for Bali but a fairly average spend for an amazing dinner by Perth standards.
I'd add a photo in but the only one I have is of empty plates! When a meal can render a table of 10 people silent, I reckon you'd be mad not to go there and try it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,950)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We saw an advertisement in the the Jetstar magazine earlier this year and had decided we wanted to try the Babi Guling lunch when we went to Bali last month. So glad we did! For a little over $10 we had an absolutely incredible meal with perfect service and all in a beautiful setting. We decided to make sure we went back and so went the following night for dinner and it did not disappoint. It's not the cheapest dinner you will have in Bali but it's so cheap when you think about the standard and the price you would pay in Australia for the same food and service. The menu provides lots of opportunities for tasting and sharing with tradiitonal and modern takes on Indonesian food. I only wished we had a big group so we could try everything. I particularly loved the smaller deserts as I always want to try more than one thing! The online booking option made it really easy to book in advance too (I'd recommend booking so you're not diappointed). Drinks were also really nice especially the iced teas. I will definitely be going back again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

the setup of the restaurant was simply brilliant, but what impressed us most was the separate vegetarian menu! very good food!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We only ate in the bar as the restaurant was full but wow. Food was exceptional. Staff were attentive and welcoming. Bit on the expensive side but a must at least once on your visit to Bali!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place was amazing! The most fantastic cocktails, food and service - can't wait to go back! Make sure you book in advance.