“Everyone visiting the area should eat here.”

Merah Putih Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 234 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Named after the two bold and vibrant colours of the national flag, Merah Putih is Bali's most complete Indonesian dining experience in a sumptuous environment.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Merah Putih the other night for dinner, the food was incredible all the dishes were well balanced and seasoned with interesting flavours, we ordered all small dishes off both the traditional and modern menus. We ordered 6 and ate them comfortably without over doing it. I had to order another serve of the Snapper special they had on that night because it was so nice. The pork belly was next level. The staff were really accommodating, one of them even rushed over to light my cigarette for me when I went up to the bar for a smoke. The wine list was extensive and impressive, they also had a good range of cocktails and spirits. When the bill came I was shocked at how cheap it was, we paid a little under 1.7 million, given the quality and service was fantastic I would have happily paid a bit more... Coffee also quite nice. :) very impressed

1  Thank Liam T
Write a ReviewReviews (2,991)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

went with friend and my wife, great indonesian fusion food. the decoration was superb. the service also great. should try the babi guling and the ikan bakar.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went to Merah Putih last weekend for lunch.
The place was decorated w/ a modern touch, I think the 1st I've seen in an Indonesian restaurant, which typically take the traditional Indonesian design route.

Ordered Fish w/ Sambal Matah, and some pork appetizer.

While we waited for the food, we were served with a small cup of soto ayam (very delicious and tasty).

The fish w/ Sambal Matah (Rp 170,000)
- the presentation was excellent and appetizing, it was served w/ sambal matah on top of the fish, and same shells on the side.
- The fish felt fresh when we ate it, but where's the taste of the spice and ingredients? It's bland..and the sambal matah doesnt help either, it's not spicy at all.
- the pork appetizer (around Rp 70,000 or Rp 85,000) on the other hand was tasty w/ the ingredients and sauce that you can feel and taste in your mouth.

Price wise, it's a bit on the high side for local food. For cheaper price, you can get a more tasty local food in other restaurants, without the fancy decor and stuff.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a group of 16 and had two tables in the upstairs area. we enjoyed pre dinner drinks at the bar. As regular visitors to this area, this was a first for all of us. It did not dissappoint. We over ordered but everything was so good.

My favourite was the dumplings for a starter, pork for the main and creme brulee for dessert. I will be returning and have already recommended this to many.

1  Thank Minnsy_10
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to go to Merah Putih by the Semara Spa and Resort and wow what a wonderful experience. I wish it had been raining so we could have seen the complete usefulness if the structure but none the less the atmosphere and aesthetic was Mia pleasing. Was explained to us as 'Indonesian fusion' with sharing plates and we did share the most amazing food. The Suckling Pork Cheeks are a must - melt in your mouth tastiness!! We thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful of our meals here.