“Don't miss it if you're on Bali!”
Review of Charlie - CLOSED

Charlie
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A BON-VIVANT'S MANSION HOUSING AN AWARD-WINNING COCKTAIL BAR, named Best Bar in Bali 2013 by the Yak magazine. The bar is all comfy sofas, leather-clad armchairs, golden-framed mirrors, and red velvet curtains - helmed with a dramatic crystal chandelier, reminiscent of London's gentlemen's clubs. The bar offers a delicious tapas menu together with an extensive list of whiskies and signature cocktails custom-created for Charlie by the international mixologist Carson Quinn. On certain nights, the bar becomes a happening club-lounge, known for playing some of the best electronic music on the island. Be sure to check out the events schedule.
“Don't miss it if you're on Bali!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

You definitely should visit this amazing restaurant&bar! Great ambience, this place looks absolutely different compared with others. Start your beautiful evening here and enjoy delicious food from French chef (i would recommend beef cheeks, its die for, as well as desserts!). Every Tuesday is a classic music evening, i don't know other different place with the same program. You will love the atmosphere and the style of the place, feels like you are somewhere in Europe. Everything is just great!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sashymi

• Indonesian first
“No words needed. Loved everything!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The atmosphere is astounding. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The food is divine. One of the most delightful experiences I have ever had!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Riezka
Bali, Indonesia
“Impressed- usually a hard thing to do.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Menu? Varied, balanced and absolutely delicious. Refreshingly different. Love the new dining space on the ground floor. Chef Damien enchante, I might now have to join a gym!

2 Thank sophie d
Bali, Indonesia
“New french chef elevates Charlie's menu to the sublime.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been to Charlies many times and always enjoyed the food and excellent beverage selection, however the new menu presented by the new chef has really stepped up a level.
From the tapas we tried the meatballs, the ribs, the scallops and the salmon. The meatballs were beautiful with a satisfying underlining heat. The blueberry sauce with the melt off the bone ribs is a new combination to me and I can't think having ribs any other way now! My absolute favorite was the salmon, I will bringing in my own over-sized container next time to have some permanently in my fridge.
For the main I tried the beef cheeks, a complete triumph, nothing more to say! I will struggle to try something else next time round.
Despite having ate plenty I had to try the desserts. I can't remember the last time I had a satisfactory creme brulee until now. Easily the best on the island.

Mix the new menu with the well established friendly Charlie atmosphere and this venue is one of my top picks for an evening.

1 Thank Russell F
BALI
“WATCH OUT! CHARLIE IS HOT!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

What an experience! We had an amazing dinner in Charlie Bali by Chef Damien Le Bihan last night.

We started with truly tremendous tapas - Norwegian salmon, beef meatballs.

For our mains we had the Lamb roasted rack, spaghetti with scallops and finished with equateur chocolate mousse + creme brulee.

What a delight for the tastebuds!!

The meltingly tender and flavorful lamb roast was just true star appeal and the salmon was perfection!

The artisan handcrafted spaghetti with scallops (I love scallops), not to mention the desserts that give you the climax smile!

Watch out Bali, Charlie is HOT!