“Dang”

Scratch
Ranked #27 of 218 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Neil Young, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...And you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...Come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I got severely lost trying to find this place (my fault) and it was entirely worth it. In the past I have payed much more for much less. At first I was all like, pffft, it's probably overrated, but the hype is 100% true. It was spacious, the service was lovely and there was a DVD of a Kings of Leon concert playing in the background and although they aren't really my kind of deal it's still a good sign. I could go on for ages about how cool this joint was but I'm just going to save myself some typing and say IT'S GOOD GO HERE #1 FOOD EXCELLENT.

1  Thank CoolGuyIRL

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is very out of the way and lacks atmosphere. It does however make up for that with a half decent steak. If you are staying in seminyak there are plenty of lovely restaurants within walking distance, I wouldn't bother with this one.

6  Thank SallyinDarwin
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was choice for my birthday dinner. Nice simple decoration, good service, not bad food and good cocktails. I would not say the best place to eat in Seminyak but definitely worth to visit.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Having lived in Bali for quite awhile now, we are absolutely spoiled for great food in all exotic varieties. When it's time for a bit of comfort food like "back home," in a very welcoming environment, my family and many visitors to our home always enjoy Scratch. Probably my biggest complaint about Scratch was the lack of large tables and availability in the previous location. Recently we went to the new Scratch which is a much better set up, well lit, big tables, AC(!!!) and the same great food, drink, and staff that we have come back so many times for. Scratch is a great place for a family gathering especially if you have pick eaters among your entourage - you really can't go wrong here and I recommend the new location even more wholeheartedly than the smaller previous spot as now it has sufficient parking and AC too :)

2  Thank PapayaFiends
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I can't think of a better word to describe the food I had at Scratch! We had the Chicken Salad, Pasta w/ Tomatoes & Bacon, and the Japanese Cowboy for dessert. SO delicious! The chicken was incredibly juicy and the pasta was made "al dente". The gelato they used is by far the best gelato I have ever had (and I have been to Italy). The staff is so pleasant and the atmosphere made me feel right at home. I will definitely be back here the next time I come to Bali!

1  Thank Denise F