“Exquisite food in a charming environment”
Review of Star Apple - CLOSED

Star Apple
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fresh and tasty food, vegetarian
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Whilst not an expensive silver service restaurant the Star Apple has some of the most amazing food in Bali. Our host, Ray, led us thru the menu explaining the flavours & answering questions & making suggestions.
The entrees are designed to be shared and one could almost make a meal on them alone. The special, Betel Leaf Prawn entree (not always available), was to die for. We shared this along with the Lotus Dumplings, Pandan Chicken & San Choy Bow (chicken).
The mains were equally impresive & I experienced a wonderful Rendang. For desert I chose Creme Brulee which was perfect & I sampled a desert rare in Bali, the Sticky Date Pudding which was mouth watering.
The restaurant presents well and the staff were every attentive and helpful.
A wonderful experience for our whole group.

There are newer reviews for Star Apple

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had heard great reports about this restaurant and decided to try it out. It is well off the beaten track being well north of most major centres in the Legian Seminyak areas.

The restaurant is very trendy featuring ultra modern organic type cuisine. While the meal was tasty, in my opinion it was nothing special. In addition, by Bali standards, it was quite expensive.

The decor was only average while the service was quite good. No real atmosphere, a more create your own scenario.

My suit the modern greens but not to my taste.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We booked but were so surprised how quite the restaurant was this evening , just showed how competitive bali is
Michael greeted us and explained the menu
We decided to do multiple entre's which gave us an amazing verity of there amazing food and taste sensations while leaving space for desert
We are still talking about our experience thank you team

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a large array of tasters, all were excellent. Food as good as any top restaurant in Bali but in a café style setting. The Barramundi was excellent as was the Betlenut and the desserts were divine especially the sticky date. Highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank julia D
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The betlenut entrée is DIVINE I could eat it for the rest of my life. Wonderful staff, great ambience, delicious meal! The randang curry and the sticky date desert was perfect. Will definitely come again.

1  Thank Livnunn