What an experience, the wonderful welcome extended to me by Bruno and his family (the owners) and from the staff, continued throughout my stay truly making me feel at home. They couldn't do enough for me, being English regular cups of tea are important, Bruno noticed this detail and without a word tea was set for me in my room, really I couldn't want for anything the level of care and attention was so high.
The location of Villa Mathis is perfect, far enough out for peace and quiet but near enough for trips in to Seminyak or the beaches of Legian and Kuta to be just a short 10minute ride away.
The peaceful ambience of Villa Mathis was wonderful to return to after days out in busy Bali, all the villas (rooms) are spaciously set amongst the tropical gardens which guarantees peace, quiet and privacy...actually it is that spacious that for the first day I got lost wandering the gardens looking for my room!
The highlights for me of Villa Mathis, the warmth of the owners, Bruno and Lilka, the warmth of the staff. the homely atmosphere, the gardens, the space and the overall serenity of the experience...a truly wonderful stay. Thank-you to Bruno. Lilka and team Villa Mathis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is a truly Boutique Hotel set in 11.000 M2 of tropical gardens, 4 pools, a dedicated Spa, a bar and a Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Owned and managed by Western European professionals, "Villa Mathis" consists of 4 beautiful and very unique villas, between North African "Riad" and "Lodge". We do offers a very personalized welcome to any of our hosts, to soak in the best atmosphere and refined of the island of the Gods, Bali. Each villa has a pool, a lobby including a dining room set in a tropical landscaped garden. Our 18 "Deluxe" rooms (from 50 m2) all different by their style and design, including an open bathroom with separated bath and shower, air conditioning, safety deposit box, hairdryer, bathrobes, and a personalized selection of bathroom amenities especially created for us. Decorative handicraft materials, traditional as well local furniture with a touch of Slave influence. Upstairs bedrooms have a large mezzanine that can be used as a second bedroom or a day bed, ideal for a child or simply for yourself Complimentary internet connection bu Wi-fi thru all the property, complimentary shuttle service everyday from 10am to 6pm to Petitenget/Seminyak (drop off only). Each villa can be privatized for groups or families (4 and 5 bedrooms villas) as well organization of events as weddings, celebrations, ephemera dinners in any occasion. "Villa Mathis" is part of Mathis Collection, including as well our sister property located in Ubud, "Mathis Retreat" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Villa Mathis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Villa Mathis Hotel Kerobokan
- La Hotel Umalas
- La Hotel Mathis
- La Villa Mathis Bali/Kerobokan