We booked a week’s stay through scoopon, and were pleasantly surprised with the peace and quiet of the area. However there are good and bad elements to this place. If you are looking for somewhere secluded to relax and unwind, then would certainly recommend the Umalas area – and the Grand Akhyati would be a good place to base yourself IF you can pick up a special deal (I would look elsewhere if paying full price). The villas are private, well set out and the plunge pool was a lovely way to cool off from the heat however they were rather tired and could do with some work. The bonus about this place is that it really is very peaceful and laid back – there were times when we thought we were the only people in the place it was that quiet. A nice touch is the butler that comes to your villa each morning to cook breakfast. It is worth considering some form of transport if staying here, as the resort is a little out of the way. We had a scooter for our time here, and it was ideal for doing day trips and getting out and about for restaurants etc. I do, however, have some suggestions for management as there is room for improvement as I don’t think it reaches its 4.5 star rating. The breakfast menu could be improved with additional options, and overall quality needs attention as I found it average and boring after the first couple of days. I was also surprised that there was no fresh fruit offered as part of the breakfast menu, something that I have enjoyed and always found refreshing in other travels throughout Asia. Pillows and towels in the resort were not up to standard and could do with replacement. Especially the pillows which were musty, lumpy and quite uncomfortable. The couches in the open air pavilion could also be replaced or at least cleaned more often as they were worn and musty with holes. Only the bedroom is air-conditioned and while there is a ceiling fan in the kitchen area there is no cooling provided in the main area that you sit to relax / watch TV. Given the climate, fans of some description would have been a good idea for the sitting area pavilion. Staff were friendly and helpful on the main; however the checkout experience was not great. A glass had been broken by accident when filling it from the water dispenser; at checkout staff insisted that we pay 50,000 IDR. I could understand if we had trashed the villa or something like that, but a request to cover a cheap glass that was broken just seemed ludicrous especially given how much we had paid for the week’s stay and the amount they wanted to charge was equivalent to the cost of a meal. After insisting on speaking to the manager that charge was waived, but I found the whole experience left a bad impression. Warning in relation to the hairdryers supplied – use them at your peril. If we were to stay here again, I would be taking my own. The first one had to be replaced as it basically wouldn’t have dried anything, and the replacement one blew up in my hand (quite a frightening experience since it totally blew the end off leaving the plug still in the socket with exposed wires). So much for supposedly being checked out by their engineering staff. One other caution – if you are looking to hire a scooter I would suggest using one of the reputable businesses that you can find online. We arranged something through the hotel staff and in hindsight that was not a wise decision. Had been told the scooters offered where new and well maintained – when it turned up, we found it had certainly seen better days and the tires were bald and not safe – definitely NOT worth the 80,000 IDR per day that we were charged. A lesson learnt for our first time visit to Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa is an exclusive hideaway amid the rice fields of Umalas Village in Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia. Each spacious accommodation has separate living and dining areas, kitchenette and private bath, which open up to a private pool in the middle of the villa. It also offers relaxing services, such as special spa treatments, airport transfers and shuttle buses to Kerobokan's neighboring towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Akhyati Villas Hotel Kerobokan
- Grand Akhyati Villas And Spa Bali/Kerobokan