“Very Nice & Affordable Villa”

Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa
Indonesia
“Very Nice & Affordable Villa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

Booked this villa directly and got a good deal (about 140 USD/night)
We were kinda worried because last review of this villa is like 7 months ago.
But turned out the villa was gorgeous. It's spacious, nice pool, nice bath, nice jacuzzi, nice room, nice kitchenette.
basically it was everything the website say it was and it was beyond our expectation.
Sure there were some downside, like we didn't really enjoy the breakfast, the jacuzzi didn't work the first day, room service menu not all available, and other minor issues that didn't really bother us that much.
I'd recommend this villa to people who like to have some relaxing time away from the hustle and bustle. But you def need a car because although it's not too far from Seminyak area, but too far to reached by foot

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Balijungki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

Located in a peacefull environment and surrounded by beautiful scenery of paddy fields, this villa is a great place when you visit Bali, especially Seminyak.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Sydney NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa is the place to stay in Bali if you want to escape the hustle and bustle of Kuta, Legion and other touristy spots. It's located in the middle of rice fields (several other villas are also in this village). The rooms matched the photos on the website - even surpassed it! My husband and I stayed there for 7 nights. The staff did anything and everything to please us - drove us into Kuta and Seminyak a few times a day, dropped my husband off at Canggu beach for a surf at 6am in the morning - nothing was too much trouble for them. The villas was exceptionally spacious. We also got a fantastic massage at the villa. During the time we were there, the spa was being renovated and I am sure it will look stunning when it is completed.

If there is one thing that the villa can improve upon it would be the breakfast variety and the quality of fruit. A cook comes into your villa every morning at your specified time and cooks breakfast for you which is wonderful.

My husband and I wanted a romantic getaway and we certinaly got it. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I am sure we will be back!

PS if you go to Bali and want to hire a driver, I highly recommend Nyoman Adnyana. adnyana_nyoman@yahoo.com. He is very knowledgeable, has a tourism background, speaks excellent English, lives in the same village that Grand Akhyati is in. He is also very kind and will go out of his way to make sure you have a great day.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MeriAussie
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

I've stayed 3 nights in this villa. The villa looks exactly from its website, very cozy and comfortable. The tv has a vast no. of channels and it has a DVD player too. The room is very comfortable and it has a safe deposit. The best i like about the villa is the huge jaccuzzi tub in the bathroom. The tub is clean and towels are replaced daily. They provide bathrobes and they are also replaced daily.
You get to eat your breakfast in the comfort of your villa. A butler will come in the morning to cook for you so you can state what time you are ready to eat and choose from a selection of breakfast. They have American and Indonesian breakfast.
The staffs are very friendly and they are always there when you need anything.
I realised the pool is cleaned daily and every evening, their staff will come into the villa to spray some mosquito repellent.
I'm very prone to mosquito bites but i do not get any bites at all in the villa. That's really great for me.

The location of the villa is quite a chore. Even cab drivers sometimes don't really know the place but it’s easier when you show the cab driver the namecard of the villa. Remember to tell the driver the location is at 'Umalas'.
The private pool is kind of cold to swim in. But i took a quick dip though in the hottest day of my stay.
I went for a spa treatment from the villa as well. It was pretty relaxing but slightly costly.
We ordered room service for dinner. I feel their food is mediocre.
The villa has complimentary shuttle drop off to Kuta.
I simply love this place; I’ll come back the next time i go to Bali.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GlamSpring
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

We stayed at Akhyati for 2 nights in the one bedroom villa. The staffs were great. We had complimentary airport transfer. The room was pretty clean but somehow, it looked better on the website. The actual villa was pretty old. The pool was pretty dirty too. But the bed was pretty comfortable. The bathroom was really huge and had a really nice bathtub. Our first night stay was a little noisy though. We could hear someone singing nearby.

Bugs were not much of a problem as there was aircon but I could hear lizards in the room at night. There were ants in the bathroom too but not much of a big deal.

Breakfast was good, but it was better on the first day. We had 2 complimentary drinks and we chose juices. But the staff on the first day was kind enough to make both coffee and tea as well.

There are also 2 computers in the lobby for guests to use. The internet was not very slow and it is useful if you need the internet.

The location was not great. Nothing was at walking distance but there were free shuttle services to nearby places and it was very useful. And even though we were told that we needed to book the shuttle an hour before, we could get a shuttle almost immediately for most of the time. They will also pick you up after you are done but we chose to take the taxi back as it was more convenient.

We were heading to Ubud after this stay and Akhyati had transport for 150000rp which was reasonable. The driver even stopped by Celuk on the way so that we could grab some things.

Overall, it was a good stay and wouldn’t mind staying there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

I have so much to rave about this place.

It was my first time to Bali and the experience was forgettable.

I came to find out about Akhyati through websites and called in directly to find out more about the rates. The staff was prompt in providing information and we communicated through email. They offered very attractive package and I decided to take it up.

Since it was my first time to Bali, my worry was the transport to the villa which is located somewhere not near town. The package included airport transfer thru and forth.

From the airport to the villa takes about 30 mins, it may be a little far from the city center but soon that is all negligable.

My fiance and I booked a one bed room villa with private pool. Upon our arrival to the villa (we were alighted just in front of our villa), the villa is beautiful. It looks exactly the same compared to the pictures posted on their website. We received very warm welcome from the staffs.

The villa is very clean and the staff made constant effort to clean up the room.

The massage service was good and couples we are going to visit must not missed the romantic dinner they provide. The ambience created by the staff is superb!

I joined a half day tour arranged by the villa, visiting the volcano crater and terraced paddy fields. It was valued for money too. The staff was very nice to even suggest good place for dinner which was jimbaran bay. He made the effort to arrange transportation provided by the restaurant to send us thru and forth. The dinner at Jimbaran bay was fabulous. It was a pity that we didn't go earlier to check out the sunset. The dinner was affordable and worth the money.

Very very good place to stay and i will definitely visit again.

• Liked — Tip top service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2007

Just back from spending my honeymoon at Bali , we divided our trip into 2 resorts , the first being Akhyati Villas , its 30 mins from the airpirt but they arranged for our pick up , the guide was very very freindly and helpful, the villas are secluded , perfect for honeymooners, very cosy and very intimate , they have pretty decent size public pool with a bar , which we had pratically to our own , a couple of massage sessions were also thrown in , which were just H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y , the staff were extremely freindly and really really polite, I didnt even know such kind of people still existed !! we were so happy with the villa that we actually extended a day just because we were so comfortable and so taken by the whole experience, the only downside was the food , the area in general is very secluded and the resort itself does not have a great in house menu , so food wise it was disappointing , but all in all I would totally recommend this resort and would stay there myself... Cheers...

• Liked — The Villa , quietness , the staff
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Juan316
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Uppala Villa & Spa Umalas
#39 of 61 in Pecatu
The Bidadari Villas and Spa
The Bidadari Villas and Spa
#13 of 114 in Kerobokan

Been to Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa? Share your experiences!