If you are tired of the craziness of the crowd, if you have a better idea of how to employ your money than just lighten your purse of a hundreds US dollars bills in a fancy resort, yet if you believe a certain level of aesthetic and comfort is essential, then this place is for you.
Abian Biu is a small, peaceful hotel and SPA located at the south of Bali, a little withdrawn from the well-known, over-crowded beach “Kuta”.
Hidden among rice fields in a small village, the atmosphere is more that of an (upper-class) guesthouse rather than of a hotel.
We were welcomed by a young, very friendly Team despite the late hour, the check-in was done quickly and we were instantly walked to our rooms.
Everything had been prepared with taste and care in the rooms: the clim was already on, a welcoming cup of ginger home-made tea was there, and some candles were lit in the bathroom with a small essential-oil burner. Room was big, very clean, with a baldaquin bed surrounded by a nice mosquito net. Traditional Balinese wooden furniture, ceiling fan, small private terrace with canopies, and even a mini-bar with complimentary water in. Outside the windows, everything was luxurious, green and quiet; while inside, the white, clean bed sheets offered an exotic, sensual contrast to the exotic wooden furniture. Bathroom was great too, with natural stones on the floor.
The guesthouse has limited amount of rooms, and is surrounded by a wonderful exotic garden. A narrow footpath through the palm trees and hibiscus leads you to a pool, perfectly fitting the serene atmosphere. Around the pool is a small terrace where to have breakfast / diner and lunch. There is both traditional local dishes and occidental meals, all of them homemade, cheap and tasty. The service is discrete, friendly and efficient, making you feel totally at home. A SPA is available too, although we did not try it.
Although the hotel is not located immediately on the beach, it was very easy to book taxis from the hotel, thanks to the friendly staff, and only 10 mn ride.
Also, we could rent small motorbikes from the hotel directly, for only 6 EUR / day. It’s probably the best way to move around, although you must remember to drive on the left side of the road!! (the “correct” side of the road, as would argue my UK friends). We found Kuta beach disappointing, so we headed to Jimbaran instead, on the way to Nusa Dua: nice sunsets and small restaurants offering great seafood.
Abian Biu was such an outstanding value for money. We stayed 4 nights and only paid 27 EUR per night, breakfast included. 5 stars experience, adding the absolute privacy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Delight of Peranakan Culture, It is a cultural destination........Our Hotel & Restaurant located at prime area of Umalas-Kerobokan, Bali’s most sought after area with beautiful beach. Just 5 minutes to Seminyak Shops where you can find Balinese handycraft, modern art galleries, wine shops, silver jewelry, and various clothing shops with from local made until international quality. We provided you mansion with unique design concept with pool view, tropical garden view, and Balinese ricefield view. Established ten years ago as an accommodation in graceful concept with the theme of a royal house, Abian Biu is currently completing a total transformation. This transformation also brings a new name to the accommodation – Abian Biu Mansion – to commence its operation in December 2011.The prime renovation to the Abian Biu lies in the concept which becomes the central theme of Abian Biu Mansion. The Peranakan Culture of coastal area has now become the background of the Abian Biu Mansion, making this unique accommodation a cultural destination to manifest the coastal Peranakan culture of the archipelago.The coastal Peranakan is a symbol of acculturation of cultures and multicultural process through marriages between the Chinese ethnic and the Indonesian population living in the coastal areas of the archipelago since centuries ago. These form of marriages did not only form a new culture but also created a marriage of cultures that enriches the diversity of the archipelago.As a result of this, we now can take delight in a great variety of food and culinary, traditions, fabrics, music, and other kind of arts. Abian Biu Mansion encapsulates the coastal Peranakan culture in a variety of forms to entice your senses. Bian Yue and Amoy, our two new beautifully decorated restaurants in very special ambiance offer you the very rich culinary of the Peranakan.Our 12 rooms available at Abian Biu Mansion bears the theme of Peranakan as found in the coastal areas of the archipelago such as Palembang, Lasem, Cirebon, Pekalongan, Semarang, Tuban, and Singaraja. Each of these areas carries its own specific cultural attribute that is adopted as Abian Biu Mansion’s special identity.The owner of Abian Biu Mansion, Yoseph interestingly reiterates “For us The Archipelago Coastal Peranakan is much more than a theme of decoration or ornaments one finds at our premises.At the Abian Biu Mansion we want to share the spirit of diversity in the life of our nation.” Further, he says “In addition to that exotic blend of cultures, we make sure that our management is based on very genuine and sincere Indonesian hospitality which is full of dedication.”Abian Biu Mansion is indeed a representation to give an added value in Bali tourism. In responsible tourism, it is highly recommended that we give a cultural experience to our clients. Therefore, Abian Biu Mansion is more than just a tourist accommodation. It is a Cultural Destination................ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Zenrooms, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Abian Biu Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abian Biu Residence Hotel Kerobokan
- Abian Biu Mansion Bali/Kerobokan