“Okay location, bit run down and average, but clean and friendly staff”

Danoya Villa - Private Luxury Residences
Melbourne
“Okay location, bit run down and average, but clean and friendly staff”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My 3 friends and I stayed at Danoya for a week, after purchasing online for quite cheap..we didn't read the fine print and realise it was cheap because there was a giant construction going on directly outside our villa (giant blue tarp)- no view, not enticing to swim. That was our problem for not realising, so we didn't really make a fuss- despite the lovely 7am jackhammer wake up calls. The villa was large and airy, felt quite run down on the outside, pool was a bit shoddy and paint could do with a touch up. Warning: the breakfast is horrid. We had staff being it to our room, which was a lovely idea to utilise the kitchen and dining space.. However, everything we has it was horrid! Even the fruit wasn't finished, I'm not a fussy person but this was one of the worst breakfasts I've ever had. I never saw one person eating in the restaurant.. Although I hardly saw any other people at the villa full stop! Positives: the bed was awesome and giant, like a big cloud. Free transport into seminyak-during the day. Blue bird taxis are dirt cheap anyway if you want to head further. The staff were always friendly and helpful. It was cheap- we didn't spend much time in the villa, so nothing really fazed us. We enjoyed going out for breakfast to sea circus daily!!! If you are on a budget, want peace and quiet (not in early mornings though!), somewhere a little out of the hussle and bussle then Danoya isn't a bad choice.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank AnnieDarb
Johannes M, Sales & Marketing at Danoya Villa - Private Luxury Residences, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Annie,

Sorry for my belated respond to your statement while staying at Danoya. I was on my sales call trip out of Bali.

I see your comment about horrid breakfast. Could you please describe details how horrid it was ? Does it still raw or taste not too good or something else.

We will try to fixed and your reply is on my first waiting list. Because your reply, will help us in better future.

Johannes Marbun
Sales & Marketing at Danoya Villa.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed in Villa 02, 3 bedroom Imperial Villa on 6-9 July 2013.

Airport transfer:
After waiting for >1hr 30 mins to pass through customs, it was a let down that Danoya staff was not there to receive us. I've made prior arrangements for airport transfer, provided flight number, estimated arrival timing via email. Called Danoya but staff's understanding of English was below average. It was fortunate my partner speaks Bahasa Melayu (not Indonesian Bahasa) and was able to understand most of Bahasa Indonesia. Staff over the phone was not initiative enough to resolve the issue. We were left stranded at the airport.
It was my family very 1st visit to Bali and this had left a horrible impression. As we are travelling as a family of 5 (with ageing parents), it was challenging to find a vehicle (last minute) from airport to Danoya Villa. Taxis only cater to 4 adults.
We've made so many phone calls to Danoya, BlueBirds and all thanks to my partner, he was able to arrange Golden Bird. As a first-timer, I wouldn't want to take 2 taxis as this is a foreign ground.

Villa:
Stayed in Villa 02. Spacious, beautiful but worn... Walls are dirty, with marks around. Glass panel in 1st floor showeing area was cracked. Staff was nice, adapter was provided after requesting.

To bring your own body moisturiser, hair conditioner as these were not provided.

Provided:
- toothbrush with paste
- shampoo
- showering gel
- shower cap
- sanitary bag
- nail filer

Issues:
1. Microwave oven was spoilt, upon calling and staff came checking, they finally change a new set during our last day.
2. No warm/hot water for bathing throughout stay (4D3N). We've made calls to reception but this issue was left unresolved. Was bathing halfway when water turned cold.
3. Sink at kitchen was spoilt, water left leaking on the floor (majority of kitchen).
I believe staff did some maintenance as it did not leak after the first day.

Tour:
Communicated via email, tour with driver for 10hrs was $700,000 nett. Upon arrival, staff verbalised it was $750,000. Very next day, before commencing the tour, email was shown to staff and costs were reduced to $700,000.
We verbalised our interests and staff drove us there. Did not manage to catch Tanah Lot during sunset as there were lots of road diversions. We reached Tanah Lot at 7 and was dark. Did not bask in Tanah Lot's highly praised beauty.

Transport to Carrefour (Sunset, Kuta):
Called up guest service and staff verbalised this transport costs $75000 and we agreed to it. Before check out, I looked through my Voucher again and it stated that transport to Kuta is free (drop off). During check out, voucher was shown to staff and $75,000 was waived.

Food:
Delicious fried rice and great juices (mixed juice & orange juice). Ate our breakfasts at the cafe daily.

Accessibility:
Nearby, around 200m away from Naughti Nuri's (pork ribs). Same goes for mini mart. Did not manage to walk around as our days were packed.

Summary:
Staff was unsure of customers' reservation.
Onus on customers to check inclusions of Voucher (reservation), if not will incur more expenses.
Lots of mosquitoes, Danoya provides mosquito coils and sprays.
Airport transfer on arrival, to have Danoya's contact.
Most issues were rectify fast.

Improvements:
Cleanliness
Communication
Proactiveness

Even with the flaws, my family would like to thank staff who have made our day.

Will I stay at Danoya again? No.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ashafeez
Johannes M, Sales & Marketing at Danoya Villa - Private Luxury Residences, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you very much for your recent comments, it's to fixed our services in next future. Sorry to said I'm not available on Danoya because my duty for Sales Call to out of Bali.

First of all, sorry to let down you and your family first visit to Bali. We do certainly have estimated time for your pick-up service. He gets bad traffic jam near Sunset Road while on the way to pick you up. We do aware your safety while visiting our land, that's why I confirm while our reception call me to approve cover your cost for your transport held by Golden Bird.

We do really appreciated, if there's serious physical condition damage on villa to put in picture. So I can discuss this matter to our top level management.

For your issues:
I've already check by myself to our Engineering and checking their working order. The microwave already changed on your first day and there's any water heater problems on your stay period. I've already double checked your issue from our receptionist log book and directly question to all our staff.

About transportation cost, Indonesia Government already increase petrol rates on 1st of July 2013. Our log system already changed too, and it's directly put another cost for your shuttle and your daily charter. That's why we still need to socialization to all our guests which is already book at least few month before petrol rates already changed. I've already spoken to our driver about your excursions. He got road diversion only at Taman Ayun, due construction project on that places. Yet, your routes very tight because it's not only Ubud and Tegallalang, but goes up to Kintamani. At least it will need earlier departure time from our villa to cover all that object.

At last, we do concern all of our clients needs, safety and privacy. We do really sorry for giving bad impression on your first time visiting Bali.

Johannes Marbun

Travellers are raving about these Kerobokan hotels

Reviewed 4 July 2013

It's really a nightmare in danoya. We checked in 2:30pm and found our villa3 is next to the construction project. Workers were looking from the top over the private swimming pool. I requested to change villa and it took them an hour to fight with me the hotel is full. Finally they change it to villa 10. And we already running late for our first day schedule in seminyak.

• Stayed July 2013
Johannes M, Sales & Marketing at Danoya Villa - Private Luxury Residences, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear Ms. Emily,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by construction project, we've been consult this matter to construction management and we've already put CCTV on our villa rooftop directly to construction site. Just in case if there's neighbor worker peeping or sneaking to our villa. I've already rewind our CCTV record to make sure if any construction worker peeping you while staying in Villa 3. I am afraid on your case, we didn't find any construction worker looking directly to your villa.

We put all our efforts to make all guest feel comfortable while staying at our villa especially on villa next to construction project. We know everyone, including us, already annoying just only heard the construction project sound. They said it will be finish on this August. Hope it be will be true.

Last, we do feel very sorry for these trouble.

Sales & Marketing Danoya Villa-Bali
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I went to bali with my husband, one teenage girl and 3 young kids (6yo, 4yo, 22 months old) we spent 5 night at danoya, we had our breakfast in the villa, our kids enjoying swimming in our small private pool. The service is really good, how can i say that? I run out my baby's formula milk early in the morning around 6 am. I ask the staff to find in the area, not more than 30 munites he already back with the milk and i pay later when i check out from the villa. And other thing, my teenage girl she needed to go to waterboom kuta to meet her friends there, their nice staff drive her to waterboom kuta. We really enjoyed our stay in danoya, feel likes in our own home, defenetly recomended for family vacation with young childrem

• Stayed June 2013
Johannes M, Public Relations Manager at Danoya Villa - Private Luxury Residences, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Mrs. Nazjla,
Thank you very much for your kind words further to your recent stay with us.
Thank you for sharing your comments with us, I will share them with the team.
On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for your kind comment.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back in the next future.

Sales & Marketing
Danoya Villa - Private Luxury Residences
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Our experience was terrible, some friends went in advance... previous guess smooked inside and air inside had terrible smell, and impossible for kids, so they changed our friends to new villa after big discussion, and management told them that this villa was for us..... so if villa is not suitable for one group, impossible for second group... We finally got better villa after second discussion.
One villa has no aircondition in living room... can you imagine in Indonesia??????? second villa, only one split for more than 90 sqm.... incredible!!!!
We decided to extend our trip one day more, some friends come back and some friends continue in same villa, and my wife and me asked for new villa.... they got single villa, and the price was really high, more than 140 us$... once we checked in, villa was dirty, air condition very old with big noise all night, no lighting outside in pool, bed sheet was TERRIBLE DIRTY.... seems that they did not clean in years..... we complain to management but nobody wanted to understand, and nobody even spoke us...... we paid as First Class Service but we receive a service of 50-60 $ Bali hotel...
We have many experience with Bali hotels/villas and this is the first time one hotel cheat us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paco A
Johannes M, Sales & Marketing at Danoya Villa - Private Luxury Residences, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Sirs,

I'm behalf of Danoya Villa truly sorry for happens on your visit to our villa. Especially for previous guest that smoke in room. We strictly forbid to smoke in bedroom.

About villa change, we've already try our best, to move your family from 3 Bedroom to our 5 Bedroom Villa. We only have 1 unit for 5 Bedroom Villa, it's only our villa has air condition in living room. For your information, all of our villa living room not using Air Condition, as you can see in our website. We have open plan living room concept. We're very sorry if this is matter bother you and your family.

For our 1 Bedroom Villa price, I supposed our team already aware about this price. They supposed to offer you same price with other Online Booking websites. Which is around $140 - $150 per night. About bed sheet and villa condition, maybe you have some pictures or video for me. So I can discuss this urgent matter to our Housekeeper because they already giving you bad experience while staying at Danoya Villa.

Last, I do apologize, since I didn't on duty while this bad experience happens to you. I do appreciate your recent comment to fixed our services in better future. Thank you very much.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed for 5 days 4 nights here, and from the reviews, knew it was a luxury villa. had a fantastic deal from an internet site, found out why when we saw a construction project going on right in front of our villa. (expected to end by this year) However this was not enough to spoil our enjoyment of the villa.This is NOT a backpacker villa-or those who want to be near the action. It's not very close to town , although there apparently is a free drop to Seminyak town. Seminyak town is about 10 minutes drive away. The villa is fantastic- it's very luxurious, with 3 good sized rooms. Each room had a flatscreen tv, aircondition, bathroom rivalling any 5 star hotels out there, and fresh towels everyday. Housekeeping made sure we'd come back every evening to clean rooms and house! Kitchen was well stocked with cutleries and crockeries, and they very thoughtfully provided us malaysians with a rice cooker. We cooked every night while the kids would be in the pool. Pool was large, and clean and made going out very tough..We had to pry everyone out to visit the sites in Bali. All in all we had a very happy, stress free holiday in bali and 70% of that, was because of the lovely lovely villa. Villa stay there again? You bet I vill!

Room Tip: Ask to be put away from the construction!