“Good Accomodation but not a good holiday experience overall”

FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Good Accomodation but not a good holiday experience overall”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at the OCEN for three nights and we loved the place (great room facilities,pool and friendly staff). However overall I think my last trip to Bali was unpleasant. I got ripped off in so many ways, started from the Taxi fare (mostly they refuse to use meter), Money exchange around double six beach (they called authorized but they are bunch of crook) and traditional souvenir shop (again around double six beach) is extremely overpriced. Everytime I negotiate on the price, seller always give me an excuse that they give the best price already, "for local is different, for bule (westeners) is even higher might be double or triple the price - FYI I'm Indonesian that live in Perth. When I came back to Australia, I double check with my friend that just came from Bali around the same period like us and guess what, they paid the same price as what I got charged on taxi, souvenirs etc! I think Bali is overrated, the friendliness and politeness is rare nowadays, so when you go outside from the Hotel ... be streetwise.

Room Tip: Room that facing the swimming pool, better view
Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Esterlien R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had 5 nights here, 1bedroom junior suite. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome. A fantastic room, fantastic gardens, fantastic resort. We would definitely stay here on our next trip to Bali

Room Tip: Junior suite was fantastic
2 Thank Sue C
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The outrigger is in a great spot, the reception staff helpful, the pool a little small we went in a quiet time I would hate to see it when resorts full, saying that the beach is at your door step and the deck chairs a plenty for $6aud a day. The Pool could do with wait staff only needs one I sat there all day my last day and seen none, its nice to have a drink and eat by pool and have your order taken at your sun lounge, common in most other Bali resorts. The rooms were good, not great, starting to become a little worn out, nothing a slap of paint wont fix and the floors need to be washed daily, not done, I had shower after room serviced and walked around bare feet in apartment, my feet were filthy after five minutes. The air con in our bedroom struggled a little we relied on the living room A/C to cool apartment. Come back to room after day out to find our bathroom door glass smashed, contacted reception, disappointed that cleaning staff did not report as it was dangerous and possible glass shards in bathroom and both my wife and I were bare feet in bathroom when we noticed. Cleaning staff did not report or make door safe for use I had to contact reception and get maintenance to place tape across glass in case it shattered further. Could have been handled better, non one wanted to admit to damaging door, which meantt I had to take responsibility for making it safe.
I think the resort is a little pricey for what it offers, better for families as apartment size is ideal. . When you check in make sure you get the staff to carry bags there are a few stairs to get over to get to rooms

Room Tip: dont go for rooms at back of resort or you will never see the sun. The resort is a strange design a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andrew f
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was my 7th trip to Bali and my 6th stay at O-CE-N. It is my second home. From the moment you arrive you are welcomed with warm smiles, a lovely refreshing towel and cool drink. Right from check in to check out our stay was very enjoyable particularly with an unexpected upgrade. Pool excellent. Great location with lots of great restaurants. We used to eat breakfast down the road, however this trip we dined at the Deck Cafe and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our air con was great too after a hot shopping trip. Definitely, definitely recommend. Best mattress and pillows ever! Security is very thorough but very friendly to guests. Will be back!

Room Tip: Great sunset views if you can get level 3 or 4; if not great view on sun lounge from the bar. Used t...
1 Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at the OUTRIGGERS and have been for the past few years the location is amazing and the in-house service is great but the hotel now needs to have a bit of a facelift I think that the garden needs to have a bit more care given now.

The hotel seems to have lost a bit of its character but saying that it still is a great place to stay ideally located, close to Kuta night life and the Seminyak restaurants I will return but some gardens would be very nice next time I hope they read this review.

1 Thank Aymeric J
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 9 November 2013

A big thank you to each and everyone at the ocen bali. From arrival to departure was I treated with so much care! Arrived earlier then check in time but Dewi who attended me helped me with checking in earlier, (she was very accommodating during my whole stay, helped me book spa appointments etc), not only was I thrilled for my little studio i had booked, but after 2nd day front desk called and offered an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite! Wow, amazing very spacious and beautiful, thank you!! Made my stay extremely enjoyable. The location of hotel is perfect close to most importanly the beach, many incredible restaurants, the shops on legian street as well as seminyak road, the hotel restaurant the deck was a very pleasant surprise with a big variety of food selection if not wanting to leave the hotel, this is also where breakfast is served!

Also received a well needed 90 min balinese massage at the ocen spa, well worth it, Beautiful room beautiful treatment, spa staff was also lovely with booking and when receiving me for my appointment.

So would highly recommend this hotel, for anyone looking for a great vacation with great service location and facilities and its well suited for families, couples and of course as singles!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Theresa S
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a great stay with my daughter and grandson. Very close to the beach as it is just across the road. We had a two room apartment and it gave us lots of room to spread out which is what is needed with a toddler

Room Tip: Zanzibar good place to eat
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family