“Great location, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Albany
“Great location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stayed at the Mandira in a superior room with my husband. Location is brilliant, absolute beachfront. Sipping a cocktail on our loungers watching the sunset was a bit of a must do while we were here. Our room was the most basic offered by the hotel but was clean and very spacious with two double beds and a day bed. These rooms are able to interconnect so would be good for families too. We had no balcony which didn't bother us as the grounds are just paradise to sit in and we don't spend much time in our room anyway. Our friendly housekeeper showed us the deluxe and suite rooms in the block we were in at the back of the property, and these would definitely be worth paying extra for, especially the suites which have an enormous spa overlooking the beach. Would be perfect for a honeymoon. The grounds are gorgeous with lots of sunlounges on the grass shaded by palm trees and overlooking to beach and around the pool. Plenty of shaded areas around the kids pool for families with little kids and babies too. The main pool is small but lovely. It was to be upgraded soon after we left, I really hope all the huge old trees are kept when this is done. Breakfast was great, with all the western favourites, lots of fruit etc. but not much asian selection as some Balinese hotels. Food and cocktails from the pool service were excellent. We didn't eat dinner here with so many amazing cheap places nearby. We had a foot massage at the spa as part of our package which was not great t be honest. Prices are much higher than in the street salons which offer excellent value. The spa is lovely inside though. All staff from the moment yu arrive at reception t the moment you leave are just lovely, nothing is too much trouble. Thanks for a lovely break Bali Mandira, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kayayAlbany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed at the Bali Mandira just 2 weeks prior New Year 2013. I paid $105 per night which included free Breakfast and Wi-fi. I am a late night person so not much interested in the breakfast but a couple of days I did attend breakfast at the Parasol Restaurant on the beachfront which I should say is a very relaxing sight in the mornings, much better than any massage or spa treatment!
My room itself was nicely decorated, I really liked the vibrant colours used in the interiors.
Very helpful and always smiling staff, they also helped me arrange a golfing session at Nirwana Golf Course.
I heard a couple of guys not so happy about the Swimming Pool Renovation but I couldn't care less because I was rather satisfied with the open air rain shower which even my companions on various nights enjoyed.
Although their terms say that the Private Courtyard Room is for 2 people only, I kindly requested the staff and they allowed me and two more friends that I met in the bars on one of the nights.
Bali Mandira is located conveniently on Legian's Sunset Beach and gave me very easy access on a short distance to bars on Seminyak.
I am a bit of a Balinese Art lover so I was able to easily get to the Art Market in Legian.
I did not get the time to try the spa but will do next time.
Overall, great hospitality and best location.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff nicely and they will allow upto 3 people in a room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Alan D
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed at the Mandira for 14 days. Our room was very clean and suitable for a family of 4.
The breakfast is great. Unfortunately the main pool was being renovated, however a temporary pool was set up ,so we still had two pools. The resort also gave us meal vouchers for the 14 days to compensate for the inconvenience.The location is fabulous for shopping, restaurants,legian beach, Kuta & Seminyak all in walking distance.
I would highly recommend the Mandira for a family holiday,families larger than 4 can get interconnecting rooms.The staff are extremly friendly and helpful.
Cant wait to go back and check out the new pool, the plans we saw were very impressive.

Room Tip: The tower has rooms suitable for families of 4, and interconnecting rooms for larger families.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Cindy D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

Hi all
My friend and I arrived Boxing Day and left 2 January, our stay there was both a treat and disappointing. The room was all we could ask for, two king sized singles and a nice open air bathroom. I once showered in the rain, which was an experience. It's only open air over the shower. And the spa is great, it may be a little more expensive but well worth it. The biggest downfall of the place, was the buffet. Us, being both vegetarian had little choice, from the hot food section. Sure there were plenty of salads but, we were a little salad out by the of our stay. Breakfast on the other hand was great. They have a chef on hand, to cook eggs and pancakes. The pancakes were very good, most days I had the banana pancake, so yummy. My friend had a omelette, very nice too.
Being disabled, had its challenges there also. As there is no ramps or rails, in or around the rooms. Luckily I had my friend to lean on ;)

Anthony and Tanya

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in this resort for 8 nights over New Years. We had a great time, loved the room which was clean with nice decor and staff were all friendly and very helpful. The main pool area was closed for reno's which we were concerned about before arriving but it didn't bother us at all as the other two pools were lovely in particular the infinity pool from which you could see the beach and watch the sunset. The only major drawback of our stay for me was the exorbitant price we were automatically charged when we booked for a 'new years eve gala dinner', about $320 AUD for 2 people. The food (a buffet) was nice with a big range but no drinks were included except for one cocktail on arrival which was not nice at all. We left before midnight.
I would definitely stay at the Mandira again just not for New Years.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L_Dill
perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed at the Bali Mandira Beach resort and spa from the 3rd Jan till the 8th Jan 2013, overall it was a good place to stay, we paid @ $220 per night which was probably too high, but due to holiday season everything was booked out. The hotel pool was under construction & there was a make do pool which was good and they also gave us vouchers for free evening buffet meals. As we had small children we ate all our meals at the hotel and were pleased with the food and service. We had the basic hotel room, which we were also happy with as it was clean. All staff were very friendly and were happy to help at any time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank burnsystar
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

We got married at the Bali Mandira on the 8th of may 2012 & what a day it was!!! The staff there were amazing and Rya the wedding coordinator was an absolute dream to work with! We could not of asked for anything more! The grounds were beautiful, the staff were beautiful and did all they could to make it the wedding of our dreams. We had alot of family and friends stay at the hotel for the duration of the trip and all of them were so impressed with the rooms and service. We would recommend this hotel to absoloutely everyone because you just cant go wrong with the Bali Mandira!!! We will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!