“Pleasant experience”

Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Brisbane, Australia
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pleasant experience, staff very friendly and helpful. The location of the resort it fantastic and found all the facilities to be very family friendly, The pool area and the whole resort is very well maintained. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BaliMandiraGM, General Manager at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear John C,

It was a great pleasure to have you staying with us on your recent visit to Bali, and thank you for taking the time to write review on tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that the location of the resort on the beachfront, the facilities and amenities, the friendly and warming service by staff, the new pool and the landscape with Balinese architecture all put together was able to inject enjoyment on your stay and give you confidence to recommend our hotel.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Bali

Simon Dornan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I find this place amaizing! We've stayed in a deluxe cottage, with a very nice shower and we really liked everything about it. The pool area and the whole resort is very well maintained. The breakfast is excellent and the staff is very friendly. I recommend a massage at the spa, especially shiatsu.

Would come here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
BaliMandiraGM, General Manager at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Azriel_11,

Thank you for writing review on your recent visit to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa.

I’m delighted to read that your stay was excellent, and you liked every moment you had in the resort either it was at the breakfast, at the spa, or in the room.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of holidaying in Bali. This is a fabulous clean and friendly hotel for families and with the upcoming new kids club would make for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. The new pool area is inviting and relaxing, fun for all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

As a travel agent, I was quite judgmental during my stay at the Bali Mandira, and i was extremely pleased with my stay. The property was absolutely stunning and suited all types of travelers. The pool is one of a kind and the staff were beyond friendly. I highly recommend this property and will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Brisbane
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Our second visit to Bali Mandira & they impressed again. The service, location, pool & value for money makes this our ultimate Bali resort! This is our 3rd trip to Bali & second time back to Mandira. We haven't done the private villas over here but prefer resorts for the atmosphere & Bali Mandira provides the best of both. Pool bar is a must for us, as is close access to the beach (Mandira is on the beach), and a nice beach. You can walk straight out of the quiet & peaceful hotel into the hustle & bustle / shopping streets of Legian. Great benefit to be able to pop in & out with no cabs. The Spa is the best I have been to in Bali (compared to Anantara, Semara & Batu Karang on NL) for quality of service & value for money. Adi the Global Tailor is located about 200m on the Main Street outside of the hotel, he is the best tailor I have ever used (comparing to Vietnam & Thailand). I have used him 3 times now & am very happy. I would recommend purchasing the club lounge package to eat breakfast at the parasol restaurant on the beach (less people for the buffet). Afternoon tea in this package isn't great, but take advantage of happy hour!

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank l0ve2travel01
Dear L0ve2travel01,

Thank you for your recent stay at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilling to learn that you enjoyed again your stay at our hotel. Our Spa team is flattered to note that you praised us as the best spa you had experienced in Bali.

The entire team at Bali Mandira look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Bali.

Tasmania
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I should admit from the outset that I am struggling with this review.
The staff are magnificent, the location on the beach and the nearby shopping and restaurants are great, the two restaurants within the resort have good meals for lunch and dinner.
But why would they place my mother who is in her mid-eighties in a room with a shower located in the bath where she had to climb up or down to enter and exit? I am aware that there are "superior" rooms within the complex that have walk in showers as the friends that we were travelling with were given one.
Our pre-paid breakfasts were ok, although on every morning I attended they always ran out of something (wholemeal bread, eggs*2, bacon, yoghurt) the food was almost entirely western.
The rooms are pleasant although somewhat dated, the bathrooms are sorely in need of some maintenance as per the attached photos.
I might stay here again, but only if I was convinced that everyone in our party could access the shower safely.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank michaelz789o
BaliMandiraGM, General Manager at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear mandbTasmania,

Thank you for spent your most valuable time to give us feedback on your recent visit to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa,

We are happy to know that you liked the location of the resort on the beach nearby the shops and restaurants, the magnificent services delivered by the staff and also you found the food at both of our restaurants was good.

I am sorry to hear that your mother didn’t get the room with walk in shower as we were running full house at that time. Please feel free to contact me personally at gm@balimandira.com on your next visit if there is any personal preference within the resort so I can work with the team to ensure you have memorable experience.

We look forward to welcome you back to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Booked through third party website (Agoda) with no dramas and emailed resort before departure a few times, receiving prompt replies. Booked a Private Pool Villa after checking Resort website, photos and reading many reviews. We were not disappointed. Room was clean & spacious, pool was clean & inviting, and sitting area was comfortable. Bathroom could be a bit more spacious with better lighting (for applying make up/shaving etc) but definitely not a deal breaker by any stretch. Overall, room surrounds, garden and outlook from room was very pleasant and the resort wasn't noisy. Breakfast at Parasol was nothing super standout but pancakes (don't forget the chocolate sauce) and egg station was more than adequate. Staff were all friendly and helpful, there was plenty of food and tables each morning. Resort grounds are very neat and lucious. As we had a private pool we didn't use the resort pool much but it was an excellent set up for a young family that would spend considerable time around the pool - you really wouldn't have to leave the resort if you didn't want to. Kid free pool upstairs with jacuzzi looked inviting although we didn't use it. Wife went on the slides and I used one of the lounges in the lower pool. Also, the swim up bar works just fine! Friends staying in other Mandira rooms at the same time had almost identicle feedback to what I had read in reviews so no surprises for me and the reason we chose the room we did. I saw our friends rooms and while they seemed fine, I would spend a bit more and go for the Private Pool Villa or Club Villa for families, as per other reviews. I hate to offer only an "excellent" rating but we really did have a near on perfect 3 night stay and we were both very happy with it. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!