I stayed at Bali Mandira Beach Resort and Spa in September 2009.
I booked a deluxe cottage on-line via their website. At the time I made the booking this was much cheaper than booking through an agent in Australia. The booking was in US Dollars and by the time of my trip, the better exchange rates of the AUD Vs USD made my stay even more economical.
A day after making my booking I was contacted by email from the hotel who offered a free airport transfer.
I was staying at another hotel in Tuban before my stay and they offered to collect me from that hotel. I thought that was quite generous. When I checked out of my other hotel, there was a driver there waiting for me.
Arrived at resort at midday and was pleased to know my room was ready.
I was also advised I had been upgraded to the one and only tower suite. They do not have any pics of this room on the website.
When I was being taken to my room which is on the top floor of the tower I was a bit unsure of what was going on as I had expected to be in one of the ground level cottages.
Well what a surprise. The tower suite room was wonderful.
There was a large main room was with a sitting area, bar area, lots of room and huge king bed. A flat screen TV and beautiful furnishings complemented the room.
There was a large balcony that had both tub chairs and a day bed. It had an amazing view out to the ocean.
There was a completely separate area that featured a marble dressing area and wardrobe.
This then went through to a massive marble bathroom which included a large square raised bath, separate shower and dual sinks.
You could sit in the bath watch the sunsets – heaven.
I did stick my head in one of the deluxe rooms as well to see what they were like. They were fine but the room I had was indeed far more luxurious and stylish.
I went to the club lounge a few times but found the service to be quite slow when the lounge was full. This was often the case for the free drinks from 5.30 to 7pm. The lounge is at the front of the resort near the reception.
I think I’d much rather sit on the beach and watch the sunsets.
Every time I went to use the internet in the lounge, there were always people on the terminals and someone waiting. I actually preferred going to a couple of the restaurants up the road that offered free Wi-Fi and used my own computer.
Breakfast in the Parasol restaurant was lovely and lots of choice. I didn’t eat any other meals in the hotel.
There is no pool bar in the pool at Mandira. This is actually a good thing as I have stayed at plenty of resorts where guests sit in the pool all day and drink and never get out...so that’s an issue you don’t need to worry about here. I much prefer the top infinity pool. The bottom pool has lovely grassy areas also.
I appreciated being able to use the showers after check-out before my flight. Reception will give you a towel and soap to use the showers by the pool. I found this was much better than having to pay for a late checkout.
Security at the resort is great.
The position of Mandira can’t be beaten and I like that it is more intimate than the Padma which is across the road.
I am returning in January and when I went to book a month prior I found availability was limited.
I decided I didn’t need to book a deluxe room again considering I rarely used the lounge last time (and not fussed by it) and I’d be happy to eat breakfast in the other restaurant.
I have managed to book a superior cottage room this time. I believe these are on the second floor of some of the deluxe cottages so I think this will be fine for my purposes.
It’s no wonder Mandira is so popular, it’s a reputation well deserved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid landscaped gardens with palm trees, a relaxed resort, simplicity and touched with local warmth and charms. located right to the Beach and within walking distance to all that Legian and Seminyak is famous for, excellent shopping, traditional art markets, trendy restaurants and beach clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mandira Beach Hotel Legian
- Bali Mandira Beach Resort And Spa
- Bali Mandira Beach Legian
- Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa Legian