“basic but clean and close to lots of goods spots”

Fourteen Roses Hotel
Ranked #71 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel has a nice pool and clam ambiance. The rooms are a little dark but clean but the whole hotel needs a solid relooking (80's style). It is close to Melasti rd wher all the big names are. Close the "La plage, Bali" restaurant and Padma beach with UP2U surf school nearby. The food is really TERRIBLE. If you can barely support the breakfast, DO NOT stay for diner ! No fitness center. Same street is a totoo place and a salon with cheap but good massage.

Room Tip: ground floor are superior rooms. DO not bother taking anything else until they renovate the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vinni f

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed here one night, our room was pretty crappy, beds weren't clean, bathroom damp, and there weren't even that many guests. Service could be much better. Across the street from the hotel the money changer tried to rip us off with some scam. I reported this to the hotel and told them to call the police and they declined to do that. They said they can't do anything and its unfortunate that this stuff goes on. We made such fuss that the money changer gave me my money back, no thanks to the hotel staff. I got the impression they knew the money changer. Good thing we paid cash.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick L
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel is just the best staff are friendly and helpful rooms are cleaned and clean sheets and towels everyday.Will be staying here when we return next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2011

The only one i love from this hotel only them swimming pool lmao!! Staff unfriendly,never say "good morning,good afternoon,or whatever",only talk if u have question! NO hotel resto,they will order from Warung Mina(beside them) if u want something to eat (only have dinning room for breakfast).
Standard room 400.000 rupiah. smells in room not good especially in toilet! very old furnitures,many already broke,example, my bed hahahhahahahhah!!!!
They have bath tub in toilet but asked guests to not use that for water efficiency! (if u understand indonesian language,they make thats rules in a book,u can find in ur room!),and bath tub already broke also (have 2 holes,i hope its accidental :D)
Breakfast not special. I think people stay here coz want near w many clubs,resto and markets. Yeah..u can walk to everywhere from here,near w Legian beach,Poppies street only 15 min walk. only 5 min to Bali Bomb monument,sky garden, vi ai pi, bounty,etc..
I asked myboyf to moved to this hotel coz I wanted nearer location w airport in my last day at Bali,but I regret after saw my room and too tired to find another hotel. Only stay for 3 days then back to Jakarta.
Before u book here,ask to receptionist if u want to see ur room before deal. It's better for u!

Room Tip: not sure they have good room for u,but better u see them room first before say "ok" :D
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nggi
Reviewed 6 January 2011

They steal out of rooms , bed bugs ,very bad service , no towels, much better hotels in bali to stay at !!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank RayMichelle
Reviewed 1 January 2010

We went to Bali for our honeymoon. It was high season and we couldnt find any hotel to spend our last night in Bali. A relative whom never been to the hotel before booked a standard room at this Fourteen Roses Hotel.

At the lobby there was a dirty toilet smells came out from the toilet in the lobby! Not a good welcoming impression!

I was horrified when we had to go pass a monkey cage with several monkeys in it! The room was at the end if this dark hallway that smells like nothing i can explain.

The room was old, rustic and didn't give a clean look! The bedsheets and pillow cases are dirty, I didnt dare to touch them!

The duvet cover was old, again look so dirty plus it's yellow!!!!

The bed looked like ir was broken before because the bed head was full of nails to secure it. OMG!!!!

Then we asked the staff to upgrade our room to a superior one. It was bigger, but still dirty! Pretty much gave the same feeling as the previous room.

At night the room got hot as the air conditioner was only blowing air! We called the front desk ti have it checked. The technician said that it was the max temperature the AC was able to have.

We asked to be moved to another room. They gave us this cooler room, but when I looked at the bed there was something that looked like a gecko poo!!!!!!! I REFUSED TO MOVE!

When i asked for some compensation thet wont give us!

Definately wont gi back and please dont ever go there!

3  Thank Teteh_Ayu
Reviewed 9 September 2009

It was a high season in Bali.me and my other four friends decided to stay for a week in Bali.Unfortunately,we only got the hotel for two nights in Harris Kuta and two nights in Maxi hotel legian and for the last three nights we havent found the hotel yet at that time. We tried to called more than 20 hotels but have no empty room.Then,our driver gave us this fourteen roses phone number and make sure that the hotel was good.so without seen the hotel first,we decided to booked the hotel for the last 3 days.the one that really in our concerned was the employees were so rude,impolite,not friendly at all.Mosquitoes all around your room,the sheet bed was so dirty,the ac was watery my friend's bed.It was a nightmare,everyday i have to call (at least 3 calls)to gave us mosquitoes spray and at one time i call to ask about extra pillow,harshly they told me that they didnt have the extra pillow ( what the F).
and i pay about $55 dollars per room/night
This is my sixth times went to Bali,my worst hotel and services i ever had.
People,there are a lots of place better than this!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gewe31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Fourteen Roses Beach Hotel
#32 of 88 in Legian
Loft Legian Hotel
Loft Legian Hotel
#26 of 88 in Legian

Been to Fourteen Roses Hotel? Share your experiences!