“3rd visit to the Pearl and still great”
Review of Bali Hotel Pearl

Bali Hotel Pearl
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Australia
“3rd visit to the Pearl and still great”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just got back from my 3rd visit to the Bali Pearl and still love it!! Great small hotel just off Double Six, great location and no kids under 15 allowed. Had a few massages in the spa which were great. Another plus is they now have a café for lunch so you don't even have to leave the place if you don't want. The food at the café was great, I had the cabonara (yum, yum) and my hubby had a burger which he really enjoyed. Thanks again Bali Pearl, will see you again on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
pearl66, Public Relations Manager at Bali Hotel Pearl, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to the Pearl Hotel Bali.

We are glad that you enjoyed your holidays with us.

Quietness is our main pillar this is why we cannot accommodate children.

Thank you for trying our Spa and we hope that you received good treatments.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again at the Pearl Hotel Bali.

Have a great day,

Anthony Blanchet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
victoria
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A peaceful hideaway from the hustle and bustle of double 6. The staff are lovely especially Putu in the spa. Make sure you eat at the French restaurant - divine!! Hard to find but well worth the effort.

Room Tip: Book a room with the terrazzo bath
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
The Pearl Hotel and his team thank you for spending your holidays with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed our place

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Have a great day,

Anthony Blanchet.
Perth
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here for only 1 night last week and can totally see why people fall in love with this place. While I didnt get time to relax by the pool, instead I spent the time I had at the Day Spa....omg amazing!!
The room was lovely, slightly small if you like big rooms, with an amazing shower area! It was perfect for me.
The place was very quite and would be a great place to relax.
I did however turn up at 4am and felt a little uneasy walking down the dark laneway, as I was not able to see any signage to the hotel (I think they are renovating the front area??) I was lucky my taxi driver phoned the hotel and woke up and sleeping security guard to let me in
Other than that issue, I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
San Diego
Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you must go to Kuta (which I wouldn't recommend, we were there for one night before our flight out), this is a great little boutique hotel. It is quiet, comfortable, and pretty clean. Good breakfast, but not the best. We didn't try the restaurant since it was pretty pricy for Bali standards but it looked really good! In terms of location, it is close to the beach but still a 5-10 min walk.

The spa was not great. It was cheap. The manicure I got was pretty bad, it looked like I did it myself which isn't saying much. The lady was really nice, but her tools may or may not have been cleaned properly :S

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We just got back from 9 nights staying at the Bali Pearl, and we didn't want to leave ! From the moment we arrived we and were greeted by Anthony, we knew the Bali Pearl was exactly the kind of place we could have the relaxing holiday we desperately needed! I didn't use it myself, but my fiancé did and thoroughly recommends the spa, in particular the full body scrub and massage. We stayed in a Superior room on the ground floor and it was very nice, complete with outdoor shower. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, nothing was ever too much trouble. The breakfast menu is basic but more than adequate, and food is very high quality. The Pearl restaurant is unbelievable ! Awesome setting and the food is beyond description. The Bali Pearl is the perfect place for people wanting a great, central place to stay which feels like its a million miles from the hustle and bustle of Legian/Kuta but close enough to visit these places if you want. We are already thinking about our next trip...

Room Tip: We had room 104, would highly recommend it...stayed pretty cool during the day without the airco goi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
pearl66, Public Relations Manager at Bali Hotel Pearl, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
The Pearl Hotel Bali would like to thank you for this review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Bali.

Our main pillar is quietness: we want our guests to really enjoy their holidays by relaxing and resting in our secret oasis.

We note your comment about the breakfast provided and we are glad to inform you that our breakfast menu will soon change. Guest will have more breakfast options which will satisfy everybody's expectations.

Once again, we do thank you for staying at the Pearl Hotel Bali.

Hoping to see you again,

Best regards,

Anthony Blanchet
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just returned from Bali Pearl and will not stay there again. On the first night we had no blanket on our bed and when asked reception we were told there were none in the hotel as all were at laundry. Too Bad! We had a roach problem and also had them crawling on us in bed at night. We booked a superior room which did not match the photos of a superior room on their website. I kept asking for an exact room grading but all were very sketchy and I am sure we were given a standard room. The breakfast was eggs or bread, ok if thats all you like! The restaurant was too expensive to try. The hotel obviously caters for europeans not aussies. After staying in Bali over 30 times this is a hotel that I will not return to and after speaking to 1 other aussie couple they felt the same, and they had stayed there before. Oh and had to go to salon for a hair wash with good water pressure after being urinated on through the roof on our verandah! Maybe the hotel could have been better if their was someone to listen to our problems but there was not. Also never had our pool towels changed once during our stay. Couldnt put anything in our fridge as it was too small, but no where to eat at hotel for lunch. Too quiet a hotel to talk at normal voice so had to whisper all holiday. Mainly we just slept there with the roaches! And spent all day somewhere else.

Room Tip: Take roach spray with you, and beware of falling urine!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank julie g
pearl66, Public Relations Manager at Bali Hotel Pearl, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Good afternoon Julie,

Thank you really much for staying with us at the Pearl Hotel Bali.

We really appreciate guests feedback as it is always a real opportunity for us to correct the possible issues of our property however I would like to come back on your review point by point.

You mentioned cockroach which is really possible as our Hotel has got a tropical garden which may contain different kind of insects, so we do apologize for this inconvenience. However all the rooms are sprayed on a daily basis to avoid insect proliferation.

You requested a Superior Luxe room, which was the one allocated to you during your stay (room 222); one of the manager even showed you the different building that has got Standard rooms.

Concerning the breakfast, we do offer a Continental breakfast which include coffee or tea, basket of bread with croissant and pancake or any kind of egg (fried, omelette, scrambled), fruit plate and fruit juice.
This breakfast is included in the room rate but you were free to order extra dishes if needed.

The Pearl Restaurant that you qualified "too expensive" is a fine dinning French restaurant of quality. All the menu prices are online on our official website, you could have checked it in advance.

80% of our clientele is coming from Australia and not from Europe as you can see from most of the previous TripAdvisor reviews that our Hotel has got.

We do have an Indonesian manager at the reception desk which is taking care of each guest requests, I do think that it is a little bit rude to deny his job.

The "fridge" in the room is a mini-bar and is not supposed to be used as a fridge; please note that all room information are clearly stipulated on the website that you used to book at the Pearl Hotel Bali.

You mentioned the lack of restaurant for lunch, we do not have one; once again this information is clearly stipulated on all our online travel agent.

Thank you for qualifying our Hotel as "too quiet" as it is one of our main pillar, we do want this place to be as quiet as possible so the guests can fully relax and enjoy their holiday without having noises annoying them.

Finally, I spoke personally to you before you left and I am a little bit surprised of your review as you never mentioned that you found this property "horrible".

I do truly think that you have booked the wrong hotel and I could recommend some bigger hotel structure with a lot of guest and huge breakfast buffets which could have been more suitable for your stay.

The last but not the least, you have created an account and posted just one review only about the Pearl Hotel Bali, I am then not sure that all you complains are accurate.

However I do thank you for staying with us.

Best regards,

Anthony BLANCHET
PR Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Pearl is in a great location, walking distance to the beach, cafes, money changer and markets. Pearl was clean, friendly staff and amazing food!
The rooms were clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The pool area is communal with sun beds. Pearl also offers a spa which was relatively good as well.

Pearl accommodation is cheap as it is more upmarket than a hotel yet not as pricey as a villa and in a great location. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a small, quiet and clean place to stay that has everything on offer right outside the door.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not have anyone staying above it. The superior deluxe rooms are spacious wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Swiss-Belinn Legian
Swiss-Belinn Legian
#17 of 87 in Legian
All Seasons Legian Bali

Been to Bali Hotel Pearl? Share your experiences!