“Pearl - Petite and Perfect”
Review of Bali Hotel Pearl

Bali Hotel Pearl
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Sydney
“Pearl - Petite and Perfect”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We are a couple of fussy well travelled foodies who enjoy good accommodation and excellent food. After reading the reviews and visiting Pearl for a look see a few years back we booked our 3 night stay at Pearl but extended in the end by another day. From memory with only about 12 rooms we found a gem. The owners the staff the food the location, what more do you need except perfect weather, we even got that for our stay. The lovely French family running Pearl make you feel like you are a welcome guest in their home, we even ended one evening after dinner having Jeremy's (chef and son ) home made liqueor in their company along with another couple from Amsterdam. Our room had an outdoor bathroom which was huge, spotless and our bedroom had more then enough room to move around with a great bed with mosquito netting. Air conditioning of course. Our entry patio was complete with an outdoor lounge, table and all under a fan. Our massages were excellent and so were our facials. Breakfast lunch (nicoise salad tdf) and 2 dinners were enjoyed under the artful hands of Jeremy. Jeremy is up their with the likes of Will Merrick and Neil Perry. Go for dinner and enjoys his skills even if you are not a guest. The pool though not Olympic was perfect for us and the lounge chairs had umbrellas and trees to shade under. As this is not child friendly under the age of 18 or maybe 16 it suited the holiday we were looking for this time. Thanks for making it a wonderful stay, our only complaint was that we should have stayed longer. But there is always next time. Warm wishes to all Pete and Barbie

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fenima50
pearl66, Manager at Bali Hotel Pearl, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Hi

Thank you for your pleasant stay at the Pearl, our team was happy to welcome you and hope to your next visit.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband enjoyed 4 nights of relaxation at this lovely boutique hotel ,in January .It was lovely and tranquil ,our room and verandah were perfect ,and I loved that the verandah had a fan . Our daughter joined us ,in her own room ,for 2 nights . Her room was upstairs , and also very comfortable .They were working on the garden when we were there and I enjoyed chatting to the family that own the hotel ,about the plans for the garden .It will be lovely .Only one negative - the pool lounges are fast approaching their use by date .That however is so minor and if those that read this review choose to stay here ,you won't be disappointed . I highly recommend it ,and hope to be back .

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bugsbunney
pearl66, Manager at Bali Hotel Pearl, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you again for choosing the Pearl for your stay.
We consider all positive recommendations of our guests, as you said the garden was under construction during your stay and we will have new chairs and table for lunch time around the pool.
We hope that you will return to Pearl and can enjoy of our renovations.
Best regards
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had a lovely stay at the Pearl Hotel. I am glad I got to spend a week there before flying home.
I've read a few comments about the garden but I enjoyed seeing the transformation whilst there. The owners are landscaping the grounds and they look fantastic. They are laying a new stone pathway and have some newly planted garden beds which given a little more time will look amazing.
I had room 104 and I highly recommend it. It was the superior room. It had an outdoor ceiling fan making for a comfortable experience to sit outside in the humidity. My room was massive, very comfortable bed, mosquito net and the biggest bathtub I have ever seen! Easily could fit 5 people, it actually made me laugh.
Breakfast daily was lovely, the cafe have options for you to choose from that include juice and coffee etc. They also serve breaky until 11am which is lovely for those days where you need a sleep in.
Being a small boutique hotel it was quiet. I love kids but having stayed at 2 hotels with lots of kids on school holidays it does become quite loud. This was such a peaceful retreat. The pool is big enough to have a good swim around in, lovely comfortable sun lounges with umbrellas.
I did not have a chance to use the Spa on premises but it looks lovely. It's an outdoor room with a beautiful breeze.
I was travelling alone and felt very safe and secure at this hotel. During the night the hotel is shut off to the street and security are around.
The French family who own the hotel are lovely. They are happy to speak with you as well as give you space to enjoy your holiday.
Down the road on Jalan Double 6 are a variety of restaurants etc if you do not wish to eat at the cafe or restaurant.
I would stay at this hotel again. It was super clean, quiet and comfortable. Thank you for a lovely relaxing end to my holiday.

Room Tip: I asked one of the staff to show me a standard room, exactly the same as mine but a few meters small...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AngieK84
pearl66, Responsable réception at Bali Hotel Pearl, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you to take time to write your feedback.
Our staff and management really enjoyed you had great stay with us.
We try hard to please our guest.
Hope to see you next time, you could try our SPA.
Have a nice day.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Great value for money, well appointed and quiet. This little boutique hotel of 16 rooms is well appointed and within easy walk of the beach and many good restaurants. Not that you need to go far it has the best restaurant in Bali within its grounds (see separate reviews). A criticism? 1 piece of bacon for breakfast is a bit stingy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul B
Perth
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was our first time stay at the Bali Pearl & a last minute booking for a quick trip. We had seen the hotel rooms before when eating @ the superb French restaurant so knew what they were like. A great price to as they had a special on. Having been to Bali many times we now enjoy a smaller & quieter accommodation which is exactly what the Bali Pearl offered. No young children allowed & set off double six creates a lovely peaceful oasis. We stayed in both deluxe room & superior room & both very nice, deluxe being twice the size of superior with huge balcony, though superior big enough. Staff were attentive, friendly & very helpful (which the larger hotels & establishments seem to lack these days) and an important factor when staying in a small hotel. The included continental breakfast was more than adequate for us with a few choices to add variety. Only suggestion would be updating the towels & linen, however no real complaints. Would definitely stay here again if staying in Legian. Only downside was the restaurant was closed for the Chef's annual vacation so missed out on celebrating my birthday in an elegant & exquisite French restaurant!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this lovely family run hotel for 3 days and the rates were great for what I got which was this huge room walk in robes and gigantic bath in a big bathroom! Lovely bed plus a spare bed and a huge balcony overlooking the pool and restaurant.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed here on my own in a deluxe room (111) and loved it! The bedroom was large and nicely decorated, with a four poster style bed. The bathroom was a sort of outdoor one and was a great size too. I had a small patio with a lounger and a little dining table for two. Room 111 is in a far corner so you feel like you have some privacy but can also see the pool from the patio. The only minor comment I have is that there was no hairdryer in the room, which is something often provided as standard these days but I had brought one with me anyway and they may well have had one if I had needed to ask at reception. My room was cleaned every day and to a high standard.

The family who own it are really lovely, not too intrusive but always friendly and polite if you want to talk or ask them something (thank you Anthony). The balinese staff who work there are also lovely and pleasure to deal with.

They have a little cafe are with a small but perfect menu for day and the gorgeous Pearl Restaurant at night for something a bit special. Jeremy is a wonderful chef and I enjoyed everything I ate there.

I love the fact that no children under 15 are allowed so you had peace and quiet by the pool. The pool, although not huge, was certainly large enough to have a good swim in.

I was unlucky for my first three days in that it was pretty much torrential rain all day and all night but I was quite happy sitting out on my little patio, drinking Bintang and reading, running to the cafe through the rain if I wanted to eat (they do room service as well though).

There is a spa on site but I didn't get round to trying it as I'm not keen on massages or facials (yes, bizarre I know!)

The location is great. If you turn left you have the beach in 5 minutes, with some lovely beach bars. There are also some nice cafe / restaurants down this strip too with a more local feel. If you turn right, you get on to the main Seminyak road where there is plenty of shopping. It's a little way from Eat Street but not far in a cab or on the back of a bike.

All in all, couldn't ask for more. I don't like chain hotels and far prefer boutique style places and, for me, The Pearl is perfect. If I go back to Bali, I would definitely book there again.

Room Tip: Room 111 on the corner is lovely - another apartment on one side but nothing on the other side. Delu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank alongcamesally
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Swiss-Belinn Legian
Swiss-Belinn Legian
#17 of 87 in Legian
All Seasons Legian Bali

Been to Bali Hotel Pearl? Share your experiences!