“Thai in Bali”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Upon your visit we will serve you authentic Asian food in a warm setting.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great to find good Thai curry in Bali - when you have had enough of Indonesian food. The Beef Mussaman was terrific and substantial chunks of nicely cooked beef. Not a very good stir fry selection though.

There are newer reviews for Warung Asia Thai Food

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I quite liked the place until then. I share part of the responsibility as I finished my plate despite noticing clearly its acidic taste.

wayan85, Owner at Warung Asia Thai Food, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Geoffrey. It is very unfortunate that you have assumed that you got sick from our venue. It is a very seriouse accusation and I still dont understand your motive. Our kitchen is one of the cleanest around. Our shrimps and meat are purchased and checkt daily. All vegetable are washed with mineral water. PHAT THAI is then manupilated with washed hands into a woke who will cook it at 150 degrees. We all know that bacteria dies at 58 degrees celciuse if they were any in the first place. The acidic taste that you tasted is because there is lemon used in the PHAT THAI as it is the original THAI receipy. I have checkt the other restaurant or warung were you love eating at and I truly would like for you to see there kitchen and cooking methods and display system were foods sit there the whole day. What I'am saying is that if you had another meal during the day or a beer with left over dishe water somewere, and then had our phat thai. You have mistaken your hillness to be from our kitchen well it wasn't. WE had one time a client accuse us of poisoning her child. We then toke the child to the hospital has we were very concernd. We found out that the child had typhoid witch has a incumbating period of 5 days. So she also assumed her child got sick from our foods the nite before well it actually got a bacteria 5 days before she ever set foot in our restaurant. My wife and I are cleaning nazi and our staff know to cut there nails or else!. We understand the seriouseness and responsability we have towards our clients, not because we are afraid to get a bad wrap, but because its part of our job and responsability to assure everything is super safe. Our philosophie is treat others has you would like to be treated. And we treat our clients exactly the way we would want to be treated, that is with a impeccable kitchen faciltie and optimal hygiene. I hope you feel better but I am confident to say that you did not get sick from our kitchen. If you are still in doubt please feel free to contact me and i will show you that everything I have said about our facilities is true. PS WE have been in the trade for 13 years and thank god we have never had sick clients from our foods. Yours sincerely Herling Wowor Owner.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Warung Asia is one of our favourite spots in Bali for a light lunch; and visiting in November 2013 we were thrilled to see they have a new space directly across the road from their old location.

Taking the entire second floor, it's like sitting in a treehouse: very casual, breezy and clean.

The food is as fresh and delicious as our first visit almost ten years ago; the fresh vietnamese rice paper rolls are the best I've had anywhere in the world, chicken cabbage salad is next-level tasty and a great light lunch option.
But the best thing about Warung Asia is the Gado Gado. Best in Bali - hands down.

Do it.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went here tonight from recommendations onTA and we were not disappointed!
We had Vietnamese Spring rolls,Thai Green Chicken Curry( spicey) Thai Red Fish Curry ( non spicey) and Green pawpaw salad YUMMY!!
I will most defiantly return to this Thai restaurant!

wayan85, Owner at Warung Asia Thai Food, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you so much for your review. If you want spicy or not spicy you can ask your waiter exactly how spicy you like your food. Looking forward in seeing you again. Yours sincerely W.R

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Well as I came down Double 6 I was shocked to see the old restaurant all closed. Then the sign said moved across the road and upstairs.
The new location is bigger, breeze blows nicely and the food is still very good. I cannot pass on the fresh spring rolls - the best in Bali I feel. I asked for a Fish Kebab which was not on menu but an old favourite. It was not a problem and Chef made them. My next visit there included BBQ fish - cooked to perfection.
The staff are friendly, service is good and price is reasonable.
There is no reason not to go. Enjoy as I did.

wayan85, Owner at Warung Asia Thai Food, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear guest thank for your review has it means a lot to us. We are also pleased you enjoyd our new venue as it turnd out even better then expected. We will keep striving for exellence has of the last 10 years, to please all of our guest. Again thank you so much for your visit and review. Cheers W.R