“Excellent!!”
Review of Puri Raja

Puri Raja
Ranked #29 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Stayed here for 8 nights in March. The service was fantastic, the rooms were great and all the staff were extremely friendly! Such a bargain!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SDennes

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed for 7 days. Friends stay here every year so had had great rap. Great position, close to beach, shops and eatery. Great breakfasts and staff very friendly. Had upstairs room and issue with effectively flushing of toilet, informed staff but nothing done and no other rooms available. Would stay here again but check toilet before unpacking!

Room Tip: Try and get a room closest to beach but not too close to pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyn_traveller13
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Have just returned from a month In Bali what a wonferful time stayed 22 nights at the Puri having stayed there before Went back for more we stayed in one of the deluxe rooms which I booked 18 months ago and I am pleased I did great room very large the outside shower fab never used the inside shower at all. The staff are still just as friendly Breakfast good cooked fresh when you order nothing seemed a problem the pool still very clean. Bathroom towels could be updated getting a bit grey but otherwise everything still wonderful staff location and beach out the front.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed at the Puri Raja for 12 days in June 2012.I had booked in Nov 2011 for our holiday. When we booked I requested for a ground floor, instead we had to stay up stairs the first night,no ground floors were available. It also happened the previous year when we arrived. The Puri Raja has a great location for breakfast in front of the beach really relaxing. It needs some TLC getting a bit old.I wish the curtains were darker to have a sleep in. Maybe a DVD in everyones room. There was sewerage smell some days. I had a shower in the morning one day just went to put my face in the water and the water was black I nearly had a heart attack called my husband to show him it didnt smell just black water yuk. I wasnt comfortable after that experience when I had my shower, it never happened again. I love the oatmeal for breakfast. The Indo National Resturant is great also I can recommend the Ultimo Resturant in Seminyak. was beautiful for dinner ask to sit out the back really nice we ate there heaps.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PossumPerthWA
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed at the Puri Raja early June with 11 other ladies & really enjoyed the beachfront location. Plenty of great restaurants within walking distance on the beachfront path - Mozzarella by the Sea, Hitana (fantastic), Zanzibar, Seaside...
Head out the back of the hotel into Jl Padma Utara & there is everything you need - shopping at markets shops, laundry, small supermarket, day spas, money changers, phone credit, dvd shops, coffee shops, cafes and more restaurants.
The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. We requested a ground floor room but were given a first floor room on arrival. No problem to move a few days later when a ground floor room became available.
Have to agree with others in saying that the pool near the restaurant can sometimes get very busy & a bit noisy - best to get there early morning, then head to the other pool near reception later on.
Love the '2 hour pool towel on sun lounge' policy - this avoids sun lounge hogs!
Really enjoyed our stay here, can't think of any negatives other than a lumpy pillow - easily fixed by housekeeping.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room near reception - from memory our ground floor room number was 126
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank CantikSekali0
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Just returned for two great weeks in Bali, staying at the Puri Raja Hotel with my husband and six year old daughter. What a little treasure this resort is. Puri Raja pool areas were immaculately clean and lush with lots of shurbs and tropical trees. It was nice being around the pool and being able to see through to the beach if laying on the southern side. Room service was excellent, we'd go to Breakfast overlooking the beach and come back to a clean room, fresh sheets and WHITE (not gray) towels and fresh little flowers on our bed. The staff were helpful and always accommodating to whatever we needed. As far as the pool area being rowdy and full of drunken tourists, not here! In fact it was the opposite. People would have a few cocktails throughout the day and there was never any drama getting a deck chair, and no one seemed to put their towels on them and walk away and if they did, the culture there is to remove it and use it! (good rule if you ask me). We would go out for dinner and come back to absolutely no one around the pool or being loud. We were in interconnecting rooms (superior) 108 and 107 which were only 30m from the pool bar area. Perfectly situated right on Legian beach, which for us was essential as we are beach people, walk in either direction and find lots of lovely places to eat on the beach, and at the other end of the resort on the street lots of shops/markets and other places to eat. A 15 minute beach walk to Kuta markets, poppy's lane 1 and 2. After staying here for two weeks comfortably in clean and tidy rooms with immaculate surroudings I had to question why people would complain about this place! Maybe some people are too hard to please and might be better staying somewhere like the Padma, which you will need a taxi to get you from one end of the resort to the other and sit like cattle amongst the hundreds of deck chairs and cement (and pay triple the price). I love that this resort is smaller and was very family orientated at the time of our stay. We have booked for same time next year! Can't wait.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the main pools were not loud and rowdy at our time of stay. Try the Puri Raja for di...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We just got home from another great trip to Bali. I found the puri raja to be an average hotel and out of 8 places we have stayed this is the only one we won't go back to. Our room smelt like sewerage which was grose. I did enjoy the quiet pool but that was about all. Breakfast was disorganized. We didn't feel very welcomed at this hotel but hey you win some you lose some.

• Stayed: June 2012