Checkin: arrived one hour earlier and advised checkin definitely not until 10am (I think??). Fair enough, they have to clean rooms and we were able to securely store luggage and surfboard. Got to our room and 2 x Singles instead of 1 x King. One phone call to reception and it was rectified quickly by pushing beds together and different linen.
Room: Very luxurious and spacious. Balcony overlooked the downstairs pool. Great bathroom with semi-separate WC. No hot water in shower, but if you ran the water about 3 minutes before jumping in the temperature was bearable. Crisp bed linen changed daily, and fresh bath linen morning and night. Our room did not smell. Cleaners sprayed room just before they left with an air freshener I think. We were on the 2nd storey so very convenient to use the stairs either to upstairs pool or downstairs. No DVD player on arrival, however we received one from another room the next day when someone checked out. Had some problem with the WiFi in the room, however it was definitely sorted after a couple of days.
Pools: Not crowded at all. Upstairs pool seemed to be more for adults, with families tending to use the downstairs pool area. Plenty of shade from trees, and comfy papasan chairs and sun lounges dowstairs. Clean towels replaced regularly. A couple of days they ran short of beach towels, but they made every effort to replenish as quickly as possible. I would suggest at least a huge basket clearly marked eg. "for your used towels" so people can drop them in as they leave, and thereby leaving their chairs as obviously vacant. Probably about 3 days of our stay there were umbrellas for the infinity pool area - definitely required - and the rest of the time we were advised they were broken. I tended to stay around the downstairs pool for some shade. I am not a fan of swim up bars, as generally a lot of people sit and never leave to use the WC.
Spa Centre: Very luxurious. We had a 1hr massage included in our package, and it was heavenly. I also had a different treatment which was quite expensive at AUD$70 and I didn't feel as though it had any benefit to me, but perhaps that was just me. I personally would love to have been able to afford to spend more time there because it is just so nice in every way.
Breakfast: Included in our tariff, and it truly is very well catered for with so much choice. The staff are very friendly and quick to clear away plates. Brigit even knew our names and room number after a couple of days, and our preferred seats.
Staff: Always friendly, and very obliging.
Cons: Hotel is not "finished off" in many little details, and there is a bit of 'tweaking' to some things. One night some young Aussies came back at 1am, jumped in the pool and generally did not care how loud they were. Security should have acted quickly as presumably that is what they are there for.
Pro's: Well priced accommodation in very upmarket hotel, in a great location. Good shopping and eateries in close walking distance. Based on our experience we would recommend it and would like to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most popular beachfront in Bali welcomes a prestigious new addition. Set in tranquil surroundings opposite the famous Legian Beach. Pullman Bali Legian Beach is the newest 5-star hotel in Kuta. Close to the airport, this hotel offers easy access to restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Its 353 impeccable rooms and suites feature modern design inspired by the frangipani tree, and Pullman Bali Legian Beach boast superior leisure facilities for a truly sophisticated resort experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Bali Legian Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana Hotel Legian
- Pullman Bali Legian Beach