“Loved everything about the Pullman Hotel! Favorite in Bali”

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Menlo Park, California, USA
“Loved everything about the Pullman Hotel! Favorite in Bali”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed at the Pullman twice during my 3 week-stay in Bali. It was better than many other similarly priced hotels in the area. I would very much recommend the hotel for people that like a clean, modern, and very beautiful environment. The stay were extremely professional, friendly, and spoke English very well. Although the rooms and breakfast are pricey, I can definitively say that you get your money's worth (which I can't say about a lot of other places in Bali unfortunately).

The two rooms I stayed in had views of the breathtaking infinity pool and the ocean in front. (When I checked in for my second visit, I was put in a room on a side near the construction of another hotel. There was a faint noise of construction and I asked if it was possible to move me to another room. The manager quickly found one and moved me to a better room even though they were almost at max capacity). Construction and street noise is a much bigger problem at most hotels in Kuta/Seminyak but overall the noise was very minimal at the Pullman, and if it bothers you in your room, there are plenty of other completely quiet rooms.

I don't have any complaints, just that it was a bit out of my price range, but so worth it that I would go back again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Kdg650
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great that you have been visiting us 2 times during your stay in Bali. We appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities. Thank you for recommending and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (906)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Fantastic hotel very clean and great service stayed for 7 nights but sleeping at night was nor easy with the thumping sounds of the night club down stairs. Service was fantastic even better than the padma which we stayed at the last 2 nights.i would stay here again but if the night club was not there.tried to change rooms but they were totally booked out.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kevin P
Dear Pullman Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you compliment our service and cleanliness. My sincere apologies that you could hear the noise of the nightclub. We are improving this situation to avoid facing the same inaccuracies. We already avoid selling the rooms which are directly connected to the club. We hope our service convinced you that we would like to do everything for you in order to providing you the best stay. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to see you again.

Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2011

had an excellent stay at the Pullman Hotel. Could not fault it at all. the staff was exceptional. From the minute we walked into reception we were greeted by very friendly obliging staff and management and this continued on, throughout our stay of 12 days. If there was ever a problem they would immediately attend to it. they were extremely helpful when one of our family members became ill, and when i lost my bag on a taxi. the breakfast fantastic. Will stay there again. all I can say the stay at the Pullman was great, great great, fantastic

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank 225stephanie
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Stephanie,

We are always really glad to receive such valuable comments. I will forward this message to the teams as this message is encouraging to continue our 'Warm Welcome' in Pullman Legian Nirwana. Thank you for the trust in our hotel and for writing this review. When you decide to come back to Bali, we wish to take care of you and your family again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is a lovely hotel. Very good location and all the staff were warm and welcoming-they made the visit a very pleasant experience. Our rooms were attractive and very clean. The restaurant was too expensive for dinner-particularly given portion size. Paid 12.00 AU for a glass of red wine with dinner-glass had about an inch and a half in it! Breakfast wasn't cheap either (by Bali standards), but was certainly worth the money as the food was of a very high standard and there was a terrific range. There was also a bit of a mix up with the booking-we arrived after midnight and our room wasnt ready-so we had to wait. Then when we got to our room-it was absolutely putrid and we complained-so had to be moved again! The hotel must be aware of the stinky rooms-others have complained also. It would be wise not to put people in those rooms in the first place as it creates a bad first impression. Also when air con is turned off-our other room started to smell too. There is obviously a plumbing problem. If it was fixed, this would be a first rate hotel. Beds are so comfortable-had a great sleep. Even with problems, I would stay there again because the good outweighed the bad by a long way.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your experience. We are glad about the recommendation given which will be beneficial for other potential guests. We highly appreciate the fact that you give recognition to our breakfast. For your reference, the high prices of the alcoholic beverages are there because in Bali, alcohol is taxed around 300%, next to that, we only provide the official and legal alcoholic beverages. I am sorry that some of you experiences did not meet your expectations. We are improving continuously with regards to your feedback. Thank you again and we hope to salute you once more in our hotel where we will provide you our warm welcome and service.

Executive Asssistant Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed at the Pullman for our first 4 nights in Bali. If we knew it was as nice as it was we would have stayed the whole trip!

We had a slight delay with check in, but as it was school holiday period it was quite forgivable.

The room was lovely (room 1430), the bed was amazingly comfortable and the bathroom was huge! There was a sight odour from the drain in the bathroom, but not overly offensive. There was heaps of storage for clothes etc and the room safe was even big enough for my 13 inch laptop. Our view was nice enough, it overlooked the lower pool. Our room was very peaceful and quiet too. I heard complaints of mozzies from other guests staying on 2nd floor but we didnt have any problems, there was also insect spray provided in the room.

Staff were very attentive and friendly and all areas of the hotel were spotless. Breakfast was massive and had something for everyone, I particulary enjoyed the orange juicer where you can make your own fresh orange juice. The selection of food varied slightly from day to day, so if you were really fussy and didn't like something on one day you'd be sure to get something the next!

We had dinner at the hotel once, and I enjoyed a steak. It was the most tender steak I've ever had while eating out and cooked exactly to my request. Meals were a little small and ont he pricey end as were the drinks, but it was worth it. Not much variety on the dinner menu either I must admit. The staff offered us mozzie repellant (off) before our meal arrived too which was a great touch!

The sunset view from the 3rd floor pool was stunning, and we enjoyed many cocktails on our first night. They don't stinge on the alchohol either!

Overall I was extremely impressed with this hotel and can recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Bali.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kathleen B
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This is a great, if a little sterile yet, hotel in Bali. Still not fully completed but great amenties and friendly staff with fantatsic rooms. One thing that was a little starnge was having the wardrobes in the bathroom and no assisted ventilation, which cause some issue with damp clothes.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo