“Had a great time!!”

Pullman Bali Legian Beach
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I've stayed here for a week and it was such a nice time! Especially the breakfast was very good and delicious. I really enjoyed the service!! Sometimes i had the idea that the room was a bit noisy because of the club 88. Definitely a place to recommend. By my next visit to Bali I'll come back to Pullman.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank L K
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear guest,

It is always good to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that we could provide you our Warm Welcome service, especially after a flight of 17 hours. Thank you for sharing your opinion with us and Tripadvisor. It is nice that you would like to stay with us again when you visit Bali, you are more than welcome!

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Had a perfect stay in Pullman hotel. Especially breakfast was magnificient. As well as the staff provided great service. One tip for improvement could be maybe the speed of the check in. However, this was not effecting my stay! I would recommend this hotel to my friends!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank els l

Dear valued reviewer,

We are glad you considered your stay perfect! We are also very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our well-known breakfast and our service by our colleagues. Thank you for writing this review and we hope to see you back when you decide to go to Bali again.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Great location, beautiful new hotel with two lovely pools (one is a 3rd floor infinity pool that looks over to the beach). Nice food, if a little pricey. Fantastic buffet breakfast.
Problems - doors slamming day and night and very little insulation. The guy in the room next to us had a 6am alarm clock ring each morning which woke us up. Then he decided to vomit in the bathroom which we could hear explicitly. Not so relaxing.
Turn down service - great except we didn't want it so put on our "do not disturb sign" but the cleaner still knocked twice, waking us up to see if we wanted turn down. We didn't!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for your efforts to share your experience regarding your current stay. My sincere apologies about the inaccuries concerning the noise and the interruption of our staff. I wil forward this to the managers concerned. We are glad you like the looks of the hotel and the swimming pools. We hope we could receive the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Executive Assistance Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2011

having just spent a week in a remote area of West Timor, this was a lovely way to have a reprieve and rest before returning home. Currently this hotel is a bit out of the way stuck in the middle of Kuta and Legian with a lot of construction surrounding. This will no doubt become insignificant once they are completed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank menzies55

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you were able to have a good rest before returning back from holidays. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I don't write reviews. I had such a terrible experience I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Arranged hotel transfers. Waited 20 mins at airport before Driver appeared. He looked too young to drive. He took me to a car rental company where I waited another 10 minutes before leading me to a carpark and a people mover. The hotel porter was Putu and he was lovely. The foyer of the hotel is lovely. You can see the pools and that looks lovely. That is where the loveliness ends.Then the disaster started. A man who spoke VERY little English greeted me. I told him my name. He looked at the computer then disappeared. 10 minutes later someone else asked my name, I said I thought I was being attended to but wasn't sure. This tag team went on for one hour, there were lots of discussions in either indonesian or balinese. I asked if there was a problem and was assured no. My credit card was taken and a transaction done even though they agreed I had prepaid. Finally, Putu the Porter lead me away. A long way away. The quality of the building drops significantly once you leave the main foyer area. Walls are heavuily marked, doors are not flush with door frames. It feels dirty.Drunken men yelling and swearing. When we finally reach my room and Putu opened the door I was hit by an overwhelming stench of mould. Putu was looking at me. He knew it was bad but was hoping I wouldn't say anything. I don't mean a mould smell. I mean you couldn't breathe, it was suffocating. No-one could have slept in that room but I am allergic to mould.I nicely explained to Putu that I couldn't stay in that room. He offered to spray perfume in there. I explained that the smell was mould and I was allergic and perfume wouldn't help. Could he please arrange another room. Putu called someone and then sent me on my way back to the Reception Desk. I waited 10 minutes before anyone tried to serve me. Again, no-one could speak any english. I battled to explain the problem although I believe they knew. Another 30 minutes later Putu lead a long, long way away to another room and he mentioned that very very busy, all new staff. No managers. The next room was mouldy. Just as bad as the first. Putu knew. I knew. I told Putu I couldn't stay there. Putu nodded sadly. I asked for a refund and was offered an Ocean View Room. I said the mould appeared to be right through the hotel so I wanted a refund. No couldn’t do that. I asked to speak to a manager. No manager. NO-ONE that could help me. I asked them to call someone. They did and spoke for 10 minutes. Hung up no refund. Maybe tomorrow. Not tonight. I asked that they call him back and let me speak to him. They did. I spoke to him. He said there was nothing he could do, no-one he could get to help me as everyone was asleep. I would have liked to be asleep. So at 1.30am, I was walking down the main drag of Kuta/Legian with my two suitcases looking for someone else to stay and out of pocket. The next day I returned and a lady who DID speak English said she couldn’t refund me as I hadn’t paid. I said I had and the staff had confirmed that the night before. She said if I could prove it she would refund me. I asked why they are letting such dreadful rooms and she shrugged and said it is a new hotel and they are experiencing some problems. I call my bank when I got home. The hotel had put a hold on the money on my credit card which automatically cleared after 7 days or so. So I was out of pocket $1200 for my entire stay. No-one apologised.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Susanjeffna

Dear guest,

I have read carefully your review and please let me address the points
outlined in your review. Our hotel was opened in February this year which is relatively new and that our staff as well some of them are new in their work experience. As our commitment to continuously improve knowledge and skills, we have variety of internal trainings and courses for our staff. I understand your comment particularly about English proficiency of some of our staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Rest assured that Language training is also a part of our priorities implemented in the hotel.

With regard to your comment about the smell of mould in the room assigned for you, I have addressed this matter with our Chief Engineering. He has found the source of circumstances that stimulate the growth of the mould. He has made rectification to solve the problem to prevent from similar occurrences in the future.

In this occasion, I would like to inform you that your booking was actually confirmed under term and condition of "Pre-payment requirement". However in accordance to our record, we have not taken any payment from your credit card. Please advice should you get any charge from us.

Dear ms, once again I do apologize for the shortfall in our services. They are isolated incidents and do not reflect the usual standards of the hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to show our commitment and dedication to continuously improve our facilities and services to achieve the utmost of guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Just came back from 6 nights at the Pullman, and was amazed by the resort!!
I hadnt been overseas before, so going to Bali was a massive culture shock...
So being at such a lovely quite resort was a breath of fresh air to come back to.
The rooms are just beautiful and the place is kept immaculate. There was one minor hiccup which was the aircon stopped working and it couldnt be fixed until the next day however they straigh away without saying anything moved us to another room.
The service is 5 star, and the people are so lovely and helpful.
I got a great deal off lastminute.com so was alot cheaper, but still would definately be worth paying the full amount,
The hotel hosted a Haloween night with complimentary drinks and buffet dinner which was amazing. So nice of them to organise something for the guests.
The buffet breakfast is unbelievable!!
The location is good as it is still a fair walk to Kuta but still a bit too close for my liking. As soon as you step out of the hotel you have the markets and people offering 'transport' every 2 secs. Still a good location though as the resort is quiet.
Staff are lovely and so are the security guards at the gates to the entrance, always greeting you with a smile making you feel welcome.
Pools are great, especially the infinity pool!
All in all, a great trip, but an amazing resort.
Thank you Pullman Resort for a lovely time, i would highly reccommend always.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jaye H

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear you have enjoyed your first time in Bali and that our hotel could contribute in this. The Halloween night was a great evening, thank you for joining us. Also I would like to thank you for the review and for the good comments about our staff. I hope to see you back in Bali and in Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana.

Have a good day,

kind regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed at the Pullman Bali for 4 nights and were very happy with the service of all staff and their willingness to help in any way. Both the bedroom and bathoom were a good size and the bathroom had both a bath and a shower.
The location of the hotel is good, directly opposite the beach - the quieter end of Kuta beach at Legian.
The Breakfast Buffet has a good selection and very reasonably priced. Also dined a la carte which was very good.
A treatment at the spa was a very pleasant experience - again staff were excellent.
Rooftop pool is lovely - there is also a garden pool set amongst well manicured gardens.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BlossAustralia
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear guest,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your current stay. Please let me express my satisfaction towards your review. It is good to read that the experience met your expectations. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel in the future.

Have a nice day,

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
#2 of 87 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Beach? Share your experiences!