“Absolutely fantastic!!!!”

Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Great Western, Australia
“Absolutely fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Me and my partner are 19 and booked the pullman on sale! Could not fault one thing, as we arrived we were welcomed with icy cold beverages and cold towels, we arrived before 2pm so the staff kindly stored our luggage until our room was ready (even gave us extra tokens for more drinks!) By 1:30 our room was ready! We stayed in a deluxe room with views overlooking the gardens, the room was stunning, it was extremely clean, the airconditioner was very cold (even had to turn it off some nights)! The buffet breakfast was delicious, it had sooo many different choices! The location was fantastic, around the corner there is a Kodak shop (for money exchange) Circle K Minimarts, loads of shopping, and if your interested in getting tattoos the "Tribal Ink" Tattoo studio is a 20 metre walk (We got 2 tattoos each and they are BRILLIANT)! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for families, young couples, older couples, singles and businessmen!!!! We are coming back in February and are definately staying at the pullman again :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sophie F
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this valuable review. For your reference, you can storage your luggage before check in time on the day of arrival and you can storage your luggage after check out time on the day of departure. We are glad you have experienced the "Warm Welcome" of Pullman. I am grateful for the compliments you mentioned regarding the room, the breakfast and the location. We are looking forward to welcome you again in February and we wish you untill then a good time in Australia.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (885)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mount Beauty, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We did enjoy our time at the Pullman Bali, but as with any hotel there will always be some positives and the negatives. I had emailed the hotel prior to our stay as it was a special 'short break' (my husband's 40th among other things) and I was a bit concerned about the reviews about the smelly rooms etc. I had a prompt email back assuring us that there would not be a problem with smells and that they would make a specific note of our 'special' occasions and provide a few complementary extras on arrival (which was very nice of them).

We actually arrived and checked in on the same day as my husbands 40th. They took all of our details as well as a copy of the passports (with birth dates on them) and yet no mention was made of it being my husbands birthday that day. They were probably busy and overlooked it, but I was a little disappointed for him. There was also no welcome drink that most others receive, but we were promptly shown to our room which was a good thing.

It was raining a torrent when we arrived and a magnificent storm was in full swing. We had to take the long way around to our room, which was hilarious - we would have got lost if we had to get back to the lobby that way again. That was the last night of the storms though and the weather after that was fantastic.

The breakfast was (as everyone seems to say) great and so much selection. Just a note - you don't have to have the poured coffee or tea that they walk around and offer you. You can order espresso, long black, cappuccino's, latte's etc, which was such a nice way to kick off the morning. On a whole, the breakfast was probably one of the best I have had in Bali (on par with the Conrad Bali) and certainly there was something for every taste.

The pools were nice and, because the hotel seems to have a lot of conference people attending, the pools are generally fairly quiet during the day/afternoon. The temperature of the water was perfect for us and the sunset from the rooftop infinity pool was picture perfect.

Our room was very spacious and the bathrooms were well stocked and lacked nothing. The room was cleaned well each day, although the turn down service was hit and miss (not that this impacted on our stay at all). Yes, the decor showed a little wear and tear but nothing that stood out as too drastic. We did had a little bit of smell from the bathroom but nothing that was too unbearable.

We found the menu around the pool a little confusing as they seemed to only offer restaurant food and not what I would consider normal pool fair. Things like hamburgers, sandwiches, fries etc were not on the menu (although you could order off the room service menu it turns out, but at room service prices). It turned out much dearer to order a simple club sandwich than a fancy lasagna with scallops, leak and cream sauce for example ?? Not sure how families would go with this.

The staff were all friendly and very welcoming from the security guards at the gate to the grounds people. Its so nice to be met with friendly faces.

Probably the only real downside of our stay was on the last night, when we decided to have dinner in the restaurant to make our evening as relaxed as possible before our flight home (another tip - we paid for an extra nights accommodation, so there was no rush to get our of our room and we could pack and leave at our leisure). We arrived at the restaurant and we told that it was closed inside for a private function (presumably a conference although there were no more than 20 people in the restaurant during our whole dinner period). We had to sit in the outside tables if we wanted to eat there. We chose a seat as far away from the outside air conditioning unit as possible as it was very noisy there. But the mozzies!!!!!!!! We were being eaten alive through our meal. By the time we had eaten our entree' and mains we decided that the dessert we ordered just wasn't worth hanging around for. We asked for our bill and when the waiter came back he mentioned that we still had dessert to go (it was a set menu). We said that we would leave it due to the mozzies and then he suggested that we find a table inside??? That would have great at the beginning of the meal.

In the end he offered to send the dessert to our room, which did arrive shortly after beautifully presented and at no extra room service cost.

All in all it was a lovely stay and we would definitely stay there again (as long as the accommodation prices stayed at a reasonable cost and not jump too much once the hotel is in full swing). The location is great, the beaches out the front clean and picturesque. The hotel felt open and never over crowded and the staff were lovely.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel with no street noise. Use the stair if you are able - its much qu...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MountainToCoast
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies about the inaccuracy regarding the birthday of your husband and the Welcome drink, this is not according to our standards. Next, the rain is a normal occurance in Bali, especially during Rain season. Therefore we provide umbrella's in every exit. However, to protect your luggage, the staff brought you via the dry way. I am very glad to hear the weather was fantastic after that day.

Then, the breakfast is indeed one of our highest rated service, I am happy that you have experienced the same and that it met your expectations. Thank you for your compliments as well as the compliments about the room and the cleanliness of it.

It is good to read that you have enjoyed the pools as well. Regarding the Pool menu, this was in preparation, actually tomorrow we will offer a Day Light Menu from 11.00am to 5.00pm, where our valuable guests will find more choices and probably more suitable options around our pools.

I would like to apologize for the situation you have experiences within your last night of your current stay. Luckily, the staff was a good point of your review.

Hereby, I would like to show my gratitude to you for writing this detailed review. It will be useful for other Bali guests. Please let me know whether you decide to come back to our hotel. We will be more than happy to welcome you and we hope to provide you a better stay than you have experienced before. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for offering us a second change by visiting us again in Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 November 2011

First time stay at this hotel, the staff is very polite and helpfull. This hotel also have connection lounge or something, where the guest can palying computer or internet connection dan can relax or lay down here until they prepare the room for the guest. But the internet connection too slow I think. overall this hotel is okay, but unfotunelatelly the bathroom smelly, even we has open the door balconny but the smell still not gone. I think the smell from the closet room. exactly this hotel can be excellent if the bathroom not smelly, but we wil come back here someday

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Bali and taking some of your time to write about your stay. We highly appreciate your compliments about our staff. You are correct, the Connectivity Lounge is a place where guests can use the computers and watch television, even after you have checked out it is possible to have a shower over there. My sincere apologies regarding the smell. If you experience a situation like this the next time, please inform us so that we can do something about it during your stay as we would like to provide you the best service. We are glad that you would like to come back to our hotel and you will be more than welcome. Greetings from 'the Paradise Island'.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We had a fantastic stay at the pullman. From the welcomer staff at the front who could not do enough for us through to the guys cleaning the room, all staff were proffesional & went out of thier way to accomodate our families needs.
We had a one bedroom suite that allowed us to have the kids in their own livingspace with own bathroom. Great room type for young families. clean & tidy throughout.
Beautiful breakfast with attentive staff.
Roof top pool geat for drinks at sun set overlooking Kuta beach.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank BNPfamily
Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. Your review is more than pleasing us as we could provide you and your family 'a great stay on Kuta beach'. Your detailed information will be usefull for other Bali travellers. We appreciate your commens about our breakfast, the Infinity Pool and the staff. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Amazing hotel in great location. Breakfast rooms and staff all great :) would stay here again. And recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank Tegan999
Dear guest,

I am glad to hear that you have experienced your stay in Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana as an 'amazing stay'. Thank you for complimenting our breakfast, rooms and employees. We hope we could welcome you again in the near future whenever you decide to come back to Bali!

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Pullman - first, the good news, the Indonesian staff are lovely and will try to arrange what you wish, even when the hotel does not make it easy for them to do so.
The not so good news, there is a busy road to cross to get to the beach, a very noisy club down the street and their bounding beat goes on until the small hours. The hotel room doors have to be banged shut or they'll stay open. It seems there is no bar, and waiters are happy to serve drinks in the restaurant - later we found a rooftop bar, although this appears to close at 7 or 8pm.
As upper management are keen to woo business - leisure guests can feel like an afterthought as trade delegations, weddings, etc take over walkways to the lifts, the only restaurant or the rooftop bar. There is poor communication re special entertainment so one couple can end up watching 12 musicians and four dancers. Managers expect you to know about this from their rolling tv screen in the foyer - few of us have that patience for that.
Overall, the local staff are this hotels best asset, management needs to view the hotel from a guests point of view.

• Stayed November 2011
rosebud
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have just returned from 8 nights in a suite at The Pullman.
The Hotel is situated across from the beach at Kuta/Legian.
It's a very new hotel, but shows some dammage from the earth tremor in the corridors.
The suite was extremely spacious and well appointed and spotlessly clean. A huge bathroom
with seperate large bath. Wireless Internet was great, but beware of the lack od DVD player
They are supplied in 3 star Hotels, but only with a fee of 75,000Rupiah per day at The Pullman. I voiced my concern as was supplied one free of charge.
Management/Staff are very friendly and obliging. I experienced 2 fabulous massages in the Beautiful Spa Centre, one of the Grandest I have seen.
Taxi's are a problem though due to Hotels Position, when returning from Legian/Seminyak you have no choice but to take the long way round through the busy streets of Kuta which is a shame, as I was there for business and needed to be dropped at the Hotel door, this often caused me to be in the Taxi up to 1/2 hour longer. It's a shame that Melasti Street on the side becomes one way. If you wish to walk to the shops/market around the corner it's no problem.
All convenience stores at near by.
I would strongly recommend this Hotel for The Business Traveller, but for those after a typical Bali experience I could not recommend it, it does not have the usual lush gardens/palm trees.
It is more along the lines of a City based Hotel. Having said that I did not use the pools. I only attended breakfast twice, but there appeared to be a large selection of foods.
I would certainly return again for business, my only reason for reconsidering would be the taxi issues.

Room Tip: The suite was a great size, but possibly not necessary, I did see in to another room, possibly a Del...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank rosebudadventures
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comprehensive review. It is a pleasure to see you show your gratification regarding our hotel's facilities and services. We are delighted you would recommend our hotel based on the experience during your current stay. For your reference, Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana is an international hotel, however we organize events within the hotel based on different cultures and lifestyles, including the Balinese culture. If I may provide you a few examples; Balinese dancing, Tapas a la Bali, temple visit for children and live Balinese music. Regarding the other cultures and lifestyles; we organize Mediterrean Tapas Party, Barbecue at the Infinity Pool and events based on party's in other countries, like Oktoberfest, Halloween and Lebaran. We are glad to hear that you would like to return to our hotel. I hope that you will have the time to try our leisure facilities, like the Garden pool, the Infinity Pool, the gym and the events as well. We are looking forward to welcome you again and we hope your next stay will be as pleasant or even more pleasant as the previous one. Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience and we wish you a nice day!