“Too Expensive - I Expected Too Much”

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Tangerang, Indonesia
“Too Expensive - I Expected Too Much”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I spent three nights four days in this hotel during my family trip to Bali this week. Our family consists of myself, my wife, and my 4-year old boy.

I chose this hotel because according to one online reservation service it had a private beach, which I thought would be important as I wanted to be able to let my little boy wander around the beach without too much supervision. I was wrong, the hotel did not have a private beach and unfortunately, I already booked the room. I did not change the hotel as I just realized my mistake a day before our departure. Because the other hotels WITH private beach are in about the same price range, I started to feel that the price I paid was too expensive already. But I told myself that this hotel was new and managed by an international chain and it should compensate my early disappointment.

Once we arrived at the hotel, the view at the lobby really made us happy. The lobby was very well designed and it felt very comfortable. I felt though that the hotel was not as big as it seemed on the Internet. The check in process was quick enough, and we were told that our room was upgraded. We were not told why. Anyway, I felt happy about that.

But when we got into our room, I was attacked by the mold smell. It was as if the room wall had been drenched with water recently. I asked the room attendant to spray perfume and he said yes, but he never came back with that. The smell went away after some time though.

Just after the hotel attendant put all of our baggage, he noted that the room curtains had not been installed. He called the room service and asked them to do that but told us to follow up to the reservation desk. We did and in about 10 minutes two guys came to our room. It took them about 15 to 20 minutes to do that. It was ok since we did not have any plan during that time.

We realized also the wooden tile made squeaky noise; it was like the wooden panel was not fitted well. It made that sound every time you walked on it, so it was quite disturbing.

The room also lacks a clock. Why they cannot provide a table clock is out of my understanding. It is a standard item in many of the hotels I have visited. Also, I realized the bathroom door was located too close to the shower room door. My boy hit his nose when he opened the bathroom door and it bumped back to him since it hit the shower room door. He cried quite hard, but he was fine.

Even though our room was spacious, but it does not have a large closet to keep our clothes. Therefore, we kept our clothes in our baggage. Usually, if I stay more than two days, I put some clothes in the closet. Imagine having three people's clothes in a baggage and have to open it every time you need to change. It's not good.

The good thing about the room though, we found an umbrella, a beach bag and a mattress. We took them every time we went out to the beach or to the other interesting places. The beach bag is very nice, my wife loved it soo much. That's good :).

My boy also taught himself to play the games that were available on the tv. It kept him busy and he enjoyed playing them. It was good since it helped me to take a pause from monitoring him so much.

The view from our room was ok. We got a garden view. Not the best, but we did not care too much as we seldom use the room anyway. We went out to visit interesting sites in surrounding areas; we just stayed in the room for sleeping at night.

The breakfast at the restaurant at the ground floor was ok. A lot of food selections, but I felt it was not as many as other five stars hotel I visited. There was a nice sofa where we had our breakfast on the third day, but somehow it was replaced on our last day there.

There are three swimming pools, one at the 3rd floor where our room was. But we never swam at that pool. We went to the ones at the ground floor where one was for kid. The pool at the third floor is only for adults. Even though it looks nice, but of course having our kid with us, we chose not to use it.

The staff was fine. We did not have any problem as we are Indonesians and so speak the language.

The bar is small and did not seem very cozy. There was wifi connection for free in the room and the speed was good.
Overall, we expected more with the price we paid. But it seems there are several things the hotel needs to improve.

The good thing about the hot

Room Tip: Ask for the beach view and a room with no smell of mold.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tobias-indonesia
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana as a residence for your family and yourself in Bali. Please accept my apologies regarding the miscommunication of the private beach. I am interested in the booking site, which mentions the above stated situation. Would you please send me an email according this question to h6556-gm2@accor.com.
It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our lobby and the check-in process. However, it is not according to our standards that the request concerning the perfume has not been followed up. The same situation counts for the un-prepared room. Moreover, the comment regarding the wooden floor has been taken into consideration by engineering department. We are rectifying the problem and should complete the repair in few weeks ahead.
For your information, in every room we provide a digital clock in our personalized television program.
Regarding your comment about our breakfast I regret to hear that the selection was not as you expected. Commonly our breakfast is very well-known and we receive continuous positive feedback from our guest. However we value your comment for our reference of further improvement. The sofa has found another basis as we will need the space to increase our facilities. Thank you for your compliment about our staff.
We would like to gain the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Warmest regards,
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights for a conference.
Good points:
Hotel grounds are very well kept and look fantastic
Friendly staff
Pool and gym very good
Spa very good

Bad points:
Limited food options in the hotel and food presentation was poor
Expensive food
Slow Internet connection
Slow service
Expensive for what it was.
Hotel walls very thin so noise was a problem

No pricing and limited stock in the minibar

Each room has a router positioned behind the tv for free wifi. The problem was, it was very loud (sounds like a noisy fridge)and the connection lights flashed during the night

Poor finishing touches in the rooms.if they had spent a little more time decorating the room perhaps overall the hotel would be better.

These may seem like petty problems however for the price of hotel the standard should be better.

• Stayed March 2012
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post the review about your recent experience at Pullman Bali Lrgian Nirwana. We are pleased to hear that you have found our hotel's facilities such as hotel grounds, pool, gym and also for spa, have met your expectation. On the other hand, I woluld like to apologizes for limited food options, slow internet connection, slow service and room facilities which didn't meet your expectation. Please rest assured that all your comments have been noticed by us as we strive to improve our standard and service delivery. For your info, that we have in each room the price list for the minibar.
We hope to welcome you again for your next business or holiday trip to Bali.

Kind regards,
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I don't want to jinx anything, however only 24 hours into my week long stay at the Pullman in Bali, I already want to start planning my trip back to the hotel.

The hotel is currently at about 50% full and there are more than enough staff around that even at 100% full you would expect there to be more than enough to service the needs of all guests. The hotel grounds are breathtaking and I can highly recommend a massage from the spa.

The room (King ocean view) is great with truly amazing views. It’s clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet with good blackout curtains and the only fault I can find is a few squeaky floor boards near the door (but that’s really being overly picky)

The food is great and of a high quality as you would expect from a 5 star resort, Including their room service and Cocktails at the bar. I am traveling solo (28 y/o male) and the staff have been more than helpful in where to go and what to do in the local area.

Room Tip: 5th floor ocean view king room is amazing, or any arden view room would be nice too. Ask to be clos...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank Adam P
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Dear Mr. Adam P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable experience stay at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. We are truly appreciate your kind review of our hotel's facilities and services and we are pleased to note that we are able to make your stay memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you again near in the future.

Warmest regards,
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Being a travel agent, I have stayed at many hotels. This hotel is absolutely amazing. The service, location, ambience, rooms, everything is faultless..not to mention the most amazing infinity pool. I would stay here over and over again.

• Stayed March 2012
8 Thank Hotelrevie
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience stayed at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. Sincerely delighted to welcome you again for the next holiday in Bali.

Kind regards,