“Excellent Hotel”

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Location is in front of the kuta beach,the room is very good n nice i like it very much,the pool is very nice in the roof top n u can see the kuta beach,n there are 2 swimming pool in the hotel,n they have a great facilities around the hotel,very nice view n u can take photo as much as u like with so many view,it is very good hotel n i'll back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Coolroy7
There are newer reviews for Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We've been to Bali before and we were told and shown on the Pullman website this beautiful hotel had been finished and now open for guests.
The Pullman should not be open, since it is heavily under construction still!
There is noisy construction works going from 9-5 ( or whenever you ring reception and complain.. 9pm)
And when we got there the main pool was closed due to ripping up all the decking floor boards.. Awesome, great when you have kids that were looking forward to swimming on their long awaited trip!!!
We are never probably going to stay here again, food at brekky is average!
We will be spreading the word around back in Melbourne about our disappointing stay.... Oh and we're still here but I get so angry looking at the closed main pool that I had to write my review NOW because I'm so FRUSTRATED about The Pullman!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Frankythebulldog
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear Frankythebulldog,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. As I see you are still in house I would like to reassure you that the Management team is always available throughout the day to look after our guests and so is our Night Manager later on.

I am sorry to read that you are inconvenienced by the current renovation of our Garden Pool that we started over the week end. As you may have this on this forum a few guests mentioned that the quality of the floorboards at the Pool were not up to their expectations, therefore we decided to act on it and started renovating it. In the meantime our Infinity Pool and children’s Pool remain available for our guests. Aside from that, still based on previous guest’s comments, we are still conducting work on floor boards in rooms and other areas such as lighting, and I once again apologize if it disturbed the quietness of your holidays.

Please feel free to come to the Lobby area and I would be happy to find a solution with you to ensure your family enjoys the rest of their holidays with us at Pullman.

Aline Marty
Executive Manager Welcomer Department

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We were greeted with a smiling face everyday we entered or left the hotel. The staff took particular attention to identifying their customers and nothing seemed too hard for the staff to do.
The hotel is huge in size and very clean. When compared to other hotels in Bali, I can say with confidence that the hotel is by far one of the best for relaxing in a somewhat busy are (legian)
You are very close to all the action on the streets including shopping, dining and places for massages money exchanges.Our favorite restaurant nearby was Papas Italian Restaurant. We go there every time we visit Bali.

The hotel had one of the best ranges for breakfast. The smorgasbord breakfast was very extensive, consisting of all types of western and Asian cuisine. I was surprised to see rabbit for breakfast. Very well catered for dining experience. The meals ordered by the pool and in the restaurant were first class. I can understand that the prices may not be as cheap as other hotels, however the prices were inline with the quality of the hotel. If you want cheap food, go to another hotel but be surrounded with yobbos.
And on that note, this is a hotel that does not thankfully attract the typical crowd of people who you may consider could ruin your experience. The ground level pool was relaxing and the water temperature was perfect. It was free from the typical excessive drinking clientele that some other hotels attract. It seemed to attract the Asian clientele more than Australian.
Our room was more than adequate with up to date wifi, interactive television including billing, and two room services daily. If I had one suggestion, it would be to replace the linen hand towels in the common toilets to quality paper towels. It just seemed to be a waste of clean linen.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends and family who want a quiet, relaxed, and unintrusive holiday, where you can feel comfortable and safe.
I have read the many comments about this hotel on this forum since the opening of this hotel and found it difficult to understand some of the simple complaints. Squeaky floors don't bother me at all. I saw this as a part of the course and didn't reflect a value issue at all. Book early to secure a cheaper cost and compare the cost to other hotels. You will soon discover that the value is excellent at the Pullman. Great work and communication from the management prior and after our stay. We will definitely be returning next year.

Room Tip: Book early to get cheaper rates and specials.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AdrianJodie
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I am a frequent traveller to Bali and have the habit of staying in different hotels on each visit. I stayed in this hotel on September 2012. The hotel is opened in mid-late 2011, so relatively new. What i like about most of the hotel is the prime location just across the Kuta beach. I got beach front room without even asking it, and the view is simply magnificent. The multimedia TV is kinda cool, i.e. you can browse your room service menu from the TV. Breakfast is also great and very nice range of selection of food. Despite being relatively one of the newest hotel in Kuta, the finishing quality of the hotel itself is quite disappointing. My worst complain was the wooden floor. it makes lot of noises. Other than that, the water temperature of the shower somehow unstable.
Overall, it is quite a good stay, but for a 5 stars hotel, i think they need improvement.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nelson P
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The Pullman Bali was an absolute 5 STAR experience that was enjoyed in late August-early September where the weather is at it's best for a period of 5 nights along with my partner & few freinds.
From the moment on arrival at the beautiful, big, grandeurs check-in lobby area we were greeted by friendly & happy staff with always a smile & hello greeting. The vibe of the hotel is one which is very peaceful & relaxing which helped make this stay enjoyable.
The hotel was happy to accept any of my emailed requests & tryed their upmost in fulfilling them.
The breakfast was great – large variety of western and asian traditional breakfast foods.
Facilities were good – made use of the gym which was new and a variety of different equipment, wifi access in rooms, interactive TV, keyboard/internet access in room.
The Infinity Pool was great best experienced at sunset with an amazing view of the ocean. A large quantity of pool beds available so always a free spot although that could be due to the time of year being less busy around all of Bali (which I like). Also there is 2 pools (one being the kids pool) to choose from on ground floor although neither had swim up bar however each had a pool bar.
Grand deluxe king room was very spacious along with the ensuite. Beds and pillows comfy. Balcony size differs depending on room. LCD tv, Air Con. By the looks of it the hotel management is making repairs in certain rooms about the creeky floorboards which most reviews go on about but I found the floorboards noise a non issue really (don't understand what the real fuss was about).
The room was clean, modern, new towels and sheets changed everyday when requested. Hotel general cleanliness was pristine. The price was competitive for a 5 star hotel in Kuta/Legian area.
The hotel has a modern bali look to it although not a traditional bali garden theme. The location was good as its close to market shopping, restaurants, beach. The hotel does have a kids club however the hotel was mainly filled with couples & friends.
Day spa was fantastic which is a definite recomendation if you have time to experience a proper relaxing experience. It more so focuses on massage and relaxation.
I will add this, we had previously booked an alternative hotel to stay for the remainder of our trip. Once arriving at this other hotel & staying for one night we didn't hesitate in deciding to cancel that place & returning back to the Pullman for the remainder of our holiday! Thats how much of an impression was made on us about the Pullman.
Overall if you looking to stay 5* in the Kuta/Legian region, this hotel has to be of great consideration. Definitely recomend to anyone...
P.s special mention to Aline (Management) for helping us to a wonderful pleasant stay at the Pullman, thank you. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joe_D02
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Stayed for two nights in early September 2012 in a Grand Deluxe Room. Asked on the booking form for ocean views. When I checked in this was never mentioned and I ended up over in the back blocks. I think (even if unavailable) the staff should mention that it's unavailable OR if there is a greater cost involved, attempt to up-sell on check-in. The hotel was nowhere near capacity. Anyhow -

The good:

Location. Right on JL Pantai Kuta with a small walk across the road to the beach. That stretch of road is much quieter than towards Kuta so usually not a problem to cross. Also a short walk to Garlic Lane and JL Padma.
New (and very comfortable rooms) including a huge bathroom and very comfortable beds and pillows. Black out curtains that mean you can have that afternoon nap (if you wish).
Staff are all lovely and can't do enough to assist you, every staff member I encountered was wonderful and an asset to the hotel.
Interactive TV (can order room service, look at your hotel bill).
Infinity pool on the third floor of the front wing - what a beautiful place to have a swim. At sunset it's absolutely wonderful, but even during the day I really enjoyed swimming there while watching the goings-on at the beach and down on the street. Really great.
Underground car-park for those with your own cars, which won't matter to most tourists but I found really beneficial for me as I was in Bali for a few months.

The bad:

Issue with ocean view room upon check-in.
Found the food to be awful, sent one room service meal back as it was the stringiest and most inedible chicken i've ever tasted. A real disappointment for such a good hotel.
Floorboards - Wow. Whoever had the idea of putting these in must be kicking themselves now, they are soooo loud. I just prayed no one in the room underneath me would hear me stamping around because each step was like a gunshot sound. I hope they're fixing these soon.
The main pool area is a bit blah. Seems to be a lot of garden area between blocks but the main pool area (on the ground floor) is quite small. Feel they could have done more with this.

All in all probably worth 3.5 Trip Advisor stars but am bumping it up to 4 because it seems like a new property, where all the staff are trying very hard, and hopefully these issues will be sorted out in the very near future. Would definitely give it another look on my next trip to Bali to see if it's improved.

Recommended.

Room Tip: A room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MichellePerth2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
#2 of 87 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!