“Almost There...But Not Quite”

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Singapore
“Almost There...But Not Quite”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed for 3 days which seemed about right. I would have preferred to stay at the hotel beside Pullman called The Stones Hotel as it looked better. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of good things about Pullman so let me tell you my experience -

Arrived at 2:30PM and was told our room was not yet ready. Fine. Dropped off our luggage and scoured around for some bites. Arrived at 3:30PM and had to wait for another 15 minutes before we were given our room key. Reason? They didn't have the big towels available yet. When we arrived at our room, first thing we noticed was the size...it was huge! For the price we paid, could not have asked for more. Balcony was a plus though I regret not having booked for an Ocean View. This turned out well because I actually found the room more private and quiet (which was a necessity as sounds do travel easily around this hotel). Anyway, we checked the bathroom and found there were towels there. We wanted a shower and took out those big towels and...felt they were still wet. Seriously? I took a whiff and boy - it smelled like someone used it after a good workout and tried to hand wash it but it never dried up fully. Imagine? Turn off. I didn't want to be too fussy as we really didn't know we booked a 5-star hotel. Next, we opened the shower and the air that came out of the shower (and the bidet) smelled of sewer. I got part of my swimsuit wet and sniffed the cloth, it didn't smell of sewer which means that the water was good but the piping was not. Figured it could be due to bad construction and this is something the hotel will not be able to do anything about anytime soon. Some plus points about the room though - it was pretty complete. Interactive TV where all the information you would need are stored plus additional features like ambient channels, view your bill etc are a great addition, bathrobes and slippers, complete bathroom amenities and yoga mats and dumbbells if you want to exercise in your room are all included. About the yoga mat though...they seriously need to have it changed. Mine looked like someone drove over it in the mud (it was still damp) and it smelled like a wet dog. Seriously, I laid it on the floor and almost gagged. I immediately threw it to the back of the bathroom. Major ickyness (and I am mostly forgiving of minor mishaps)! This was completely unacceptable in hotel standards. I guess these are the things I hated about the hotel. Like I mentioned, there were also good parts like the in-room service because the food arrived fast and it was always delicious! They always make it a point to collect the dirty dishes right after you finish the meals. On our second day it rained the whole day and had to stay in the room. We weren't disappointed as we were well-entertained because we had free and stable WIFI, cable TV with add-on features, good food and a super, super comfortable bed. If there was one thing I completely loved about the room, it was that bed.

For the hotel itself, I particularly appreciated how modern it looked. It's classified as 5-star and it sure look like it from the outside. From the reception area and that huge fountain in the main garden, I was impressed. There were two pool areas and both were well-designed. I had the pleasure of using the terrace pool which overlooked the ocean and I absolutely loved it. The infinity pool was clean and well maintained. Location was also good and we found dining options nearby even though it was after midnight. The best feature of this hotel is their SPA area called Tjakra 7 - do not think of missing this out. I would book with this hotel despite my so-so room experience just for the SPA. It was small but cozy; price is excellent for the value, the massage rooms well appointed and the masseuses are experts at what they do. From the foot bath area, to the locker, to their hydro pool (biggest regret of the trip that we didn't go for the hydro treatments) and the actual treatment room - service is indeed 5-star. I loved the quiet area they led us to for afternoon tea and tidbits where we sat on a recliner and had a heated blanket over us. We were told to "take out time" but we had to cut this short as we were bound to fly back home.

So there...our 3-day experience at Pullman Hotel. Would I recommend this? Sure, but I think it's better to splurge extra for better rooms - maybe the quality of the amenities would be better. All in all, I still had a grand time and found the service staff quite good. The positive factors pretty much made up for what this hotel lacked in.

Pullman Hotel, add more staff at the reception and buy more towels and new yoga mats, please? Also, get someone to look into your plumbing and completely remove that horrid stench coming from the showers. I promise you, it will do you good in the long run.

Room Tip: Go for Ocean View Rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
L_Franck, General Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
It is a pleasure to receive your constructive feedback. Thank you for highlighting the areas of improvement which we will work with the departmental managers, to ensure that necessary training and provision of product/service are being implemented accordingly. We are happy to hear that you were happy with the treatments received at Tjakra-7 Spa. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bandung
Reviewed 22 November 2013

After having a disaster stay previously in October and dropped complaints to the management, my experience stay on 17-19 November was excellent though not too perfect, and overall all sectors improved.

Request airport transfer in the afternoon, the driver was excellent to serve my arrival started from handled my baggages to his skill to drive a car, 150,000 idr cost for this kind of service was fair paid. Good work and there was improvement for this sector since my experienced using this service in October was terrible.

As usual, i was warm welcomed by welcomer staff and went through to the lobby. Welcome drink and refreshment towel were provided. The reception staff at that time need to learn how to be more friendly and especially he need to know the benefit as accor advantages-plus member. I was upset when i requested a room upgrade, he asked me an upgrade voucher whereas as a platinum member, room upgrade was a complimentary as long as the room available. My disappointment increased when i found my room was not be upgraded, still in 1 bed room suite. Therefore i called the reception to upgrade my room. After waiting about 40 minutes, i got called from reception that my room will be upgarded to 2 bed room suite.

I appreciated to the Pullman Team, where my complaint regarding welcome gift on arrival was well listened. welcome gifts had been ready in my room, they gave me pully dolls where i love it so much, pullman hat, and balinese fabric. However, i would prefer to have a welcome gift at my 1st stay at this hotel. Though the gift value was be better this time, but the way how to deliver the gift i prefer the first one, where i still remember that staff brought a big parcel with balinese style contain of chocolate, fruits, rama & sinta mini statue for us. I felt more touched for that way.

The room (room 1301/1303) was well maintained and i said the room was better than my previous stay and even much more better than the room of my 1st stay at this hotel. Suite located in end of the building was indeed spacious, larger living area faced to the pool and ocean, larger balcony faced to Melasti Road in Legian, and there was extra room space for keep baggage or the other things. Overall 1301 and 1303 were really recommended room, though were not perfect but its inadequacy still can be tolerated. Internet problem appeared in october was well repaired, did not have problem for that but i noticed inconsistency with Wifi network. sometimes network "Pullman Room" did not work very well and in the same time accessing network "Pullman Bali" was very good and vice versa. No turndown service given whereas it was stated as one of the hotel services given.

thank you so much to Pullman Team for arranging my request to have birthday cake and fried noodle to be delivered to my room for my parent birthday. You did it perfectly, and really appreciated for giving me the birthday cake as complimentary.

Overall, i had pleasant stay this time and there were improvement specially in some areas i noticed previously. I hope it can be maintained and even can be improved. Will return soon...

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite room number 1301 & 1303 for sure, very spacious and comfort
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Adhiegunadharma
Thank you very much for the constructive feedback. I will share your review with our associates for us to consistently improve the product and service deliveries in all areas of the hotel. Please feel free to inform us should you have any requirements during your next stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
rosebud
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have just enjoyed my 4th Stay at The Pullman Hotel in Legian.
The Staff at the Hotel from the front entrance to management and at every level of service, are The Best. They are always helpful, friendly, and obliging. Nothing is too much trouble. The Suite was very clean and comfortable, some on going issues with the TV but this is little to complain about. After 4 stay's I am sure I would not be happy staying elsewhere, I have tried several other equally rated hotels in Bali, which are lovely, but have never received the level of assistance at all levels elsewhere. Downside to the Pullman is it is on a one way street, so it's always The Long Way Home. Unfortunately this cant be helped. The Spa centre is First Class, beautifully decorated, spoteless, and the treatments extremely professional. I travel for business and this is definately the Hotel I need to be in to meet all of my requirements..Thankyou to The Pullman

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are wonderful except for a bit of noise from the late night motor bikes passing, bu...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank rosebudadventures
L_Franck, General Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
We are very grateful to receive your excellent review. We are happy that you had a first class experience during your stay with us. We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcoming you back and do feel free to write to us so we can be better prepared for your next visit. Thank you very much for your loyalty & patronage and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the island of the Gods.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have just returned from a very relaxing 5 day stay in room 1520. We were a little concerned after reading a couple of not so good reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean, quiet and everything was working. Room service was prompt but the food was average. The staff were very pleasant and the infinity pool was just perfect to relax at. The location was excellent, handy to everything but still peaceful. We would definitely go back.

1 Thank Sue T
We are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your visit. Your constructive feedback is highly appreciated and I willl share with all of our associates for them to consisntently improve their service and product deliveries in all areas of the hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just concluded our 12 night stay at the Pullman - accommodation was excellent - Suite 2522 - staff very helpful and professional. Reading previous negative comments from other guests you would think we were at a different resort. No mosquitoes and no sewerage smell, room thoroughly cleaned - spotless everyday. Breakfast was as you would expect at a 5 star resort everything is catered for. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Level 5 recommended.
4 Thank John W
L_Franck, General Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
There is nothing more satisfying than to learn that our valued guests left with a memorable experience. Your feedback is highly valued and we will share with all of our associates for us to consistently bring our product & service deliveries to a personalised level. Please feel free to write to us, on what we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable and relaxing. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Jakarta
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was there for 2 nights on business trip. I got the deluxe room facing the beach, so I could view the scenery from the balcony and enjoy the sea breeze. The room worked fine for me. They got bathtub, shower, free wi-fi, mini bar, coffee maker, etc. Unfortunately the drain on the water closet was slightly clogged, so there was overflow. Since I spent most of the time outside the room, it's not a big problem. If you stayed there for pleasure, perhaps you could ask to fix it or ask another room. The breakfast was enough, but not as good as the Pullman Central Park in Jakarta.

You could walk to Kuta beach across the hotel and can rent for surfing board or find traditional massage and temporary tattoo artist. You have to bargain, so be careful when they offer you high price for their service.

For me, the best in the hotel is the pool. They have two pools, Garden Swimming Pool and Infinity Pool. The Garden one is a spacious pool including kids pool. The Infinity Pool is excellent! It's on the top floor, so you can view the scenery of Bali while swimming. The hotel even can lend you the floating air mattress, so you could relax on the water. The bad one is that I think it's quite creepy to walk at the corridor at night, because it's dark and quiet. The hotel has some kind of long open corridor, so we could see outside even at night. Maybe they could add more lighting.

Room Tip: The room near the elevator, because you don't have to walk too far with wet outfits from the bea...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mschan07
L_Franck, General Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your constructive feedback. We will discuss with the departmental managers on how we can consistently improve our products & services. We are very pleased, that despite you were in Bali for business, you had the opportunity to enjoy the beach and our swimming pools. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!