“5 star lobby/ground/in-room service. 3-4star room”

Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Pullman Bali hotel for 6 nights and left somewhat disappointed.

The reception area, garden and ground were perfectly maintained and very attractive.

The infinity pool was very enjoyable. However the ground floor pools were dated, the ground around the pool had problem with ants. On more than 1 occasion the kiddy pool water was dirty and had oily substance floating on top.

Check in was on the slow side. Reception area on the day was understaffed for the amount of arriving guests. Check out on the other hand was speedy and hassle free.

We had a room on the 2nd floor of block 3, I would rate the room as 3.5 star. The interior was dated and had been patch repaired. Bathroom was nicely decorated and clean apart from mould in the shower. I was tempted to buy some mould killer spray and clean the shower myself. I highly recommend the hotel to invest in anti mould sprays, simply spray on, leave for 5 minutes, job done, no scrubbing required!

The biggest problem about the room was the mosquito. There was a gap underneath the room door and dozens of mozzies would fly in everyday, despite having 3 anti mosquito plugs in the room. The corridor in block 3 opens to sewage drains and wet grounds, the smell was overwhelming and I believe contributed to the mozzies problem. The mozzie problem severely affected our enjoyment of the room. We have stayed in 6 different 4-5 stars hotels in bali, some on the ground floor with direct access to gardens, yet none of them had mozzie problem as severe as the Pullman.

There was also a strange sewage smell in our room, upon reporting to the front desk an engineer came to assist and determined the smell was from the air conditioning. We were given a can of deodorizer, this helped initially but of course after a short while the smell would return. Pullman needs to clean out their air conditioning system.

In room services were efficient with all requests responded to in a timely manner.

Staff at the front entrance were hit and miss. Some very warm and welcoming, many were more interested in chatting amongst themselves.

Pullman needs to up their game to continue asking for the price they charge.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
L_Franck, General Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear MelbPam,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your concerns. We are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during this visit. Rest assured that I am taking your comments seriously. Unfortunately, I was not able to find your room number. I would much appreciate if you could send me a quick email (address below) with your room number so that I can follow up appropriately with the team. Thank you and I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I ever can be of any assistance to you.

Yours sincerely,
Franck Loison
Franck.Loison@accor.com

There are newer reviews for Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana

Reviewed 24 March 2014

the door cant be locked. when I arrive the wifi cant be reach. Until I complain to the operator, they sent IT person to fix it. They give solution with put a router at my room. Better you fix it before give the room to customer i think. Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yonathan Okky W

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your concerns. We are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during this visit. Rest assured that I am taking your comments seriously. We are able to identify your number therefore I will follow up appropriately with the team. Thank you and I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I ever can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here last week and had been a bit worried after reading some of the reviews. I found the hotel fantastic. The staff are lovely , the rooms spacious , clean and well appointed. The hotel even does things which I have found at some of the better hotels such as cold towels , fresh fruit and complimentary water around the pool. Housekeeping was always prompt and the room spotless after they had been. Breakfast was great and the day spa was a beautiful facility with great services. The gym had everything you need . I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a pool or ocean view room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank pekingese65
L_Franck, General Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for complimenting the well appointed rooms, lovely service from the staff, great breakfast and beautiful spa facilities. We are very pleased to note that we were able to exceed your expectations and really appreciate your plan to return and recommending our hotel to your friends and family. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A girlfriend and I have just spent a lovely week at the Pullman . Erick (fb) was so wonderful. Always pleasant and very efficient. He is certainly an asset to the hotel. The best smile ever. Erni ( guest experience ) was a wealth of information. She was very attentive and friendly. Our time was wonderful. Looking forward to coming back with our family very soon.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank 196,900
L_Franck, General Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation for our associates and their service delivery. I will certainly share it with the team especially those you have mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wanda H

Reviewed 18 March 2014

After the poor experience with an earlier hotel in Seminyak, we decided to move to Kuta area and we never regretted choosing Pullman Bali. Breakfast was awesome with a wide range of choices & we were given a beautiful room facing Kuta beach and located on the same floor as the infinity pool. Had a night dip at the infinity pool and early morning yoga exercises. Overall ambience was relaxing & refreshing to the soul with vast garden grounds for strolling around. A short walk to all the main activities on Kuta Beach for shopping, Coffee & Bali massages. Had a wonderful time at Pullman Bali. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for the Rooms facing the Kuta Beach
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bumplin

Thank you so much for sharing kind impressions of your stay with us. Most importantly that you appreciated the views to Kuta beach and the convenient location of your room on the same floor as the infinity pool. We highly appreciate your constructive feedback, and will endeavor to deliver the highest quality of our service delivery. It will be with pleasure that we will welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dsylvia0101

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
#2 of 87 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!