“Turning a Potential Bad Experience Good - Salila Spa”

The Camakila Legian Bali
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Singapore, Singapore
“Turning a Potential Bad Experience Good - Salila Spa”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I didn't stay at the hotel, but I went to this spa as I had bought a groupon voucher for a 2-hour spa session there.

I stayed in Sanur for this trip as I was going diving, and poor planning on my end kind of created this mess of having to travel to Kuta for this session. So, I called in ahead to place my reservation. However, the reservation team wanted to contact me but there was some problem with my phone, and I didn't receive any calls, so I decided to show up earlier on the day of my appointment.

The staff told me that there were reservations made during my slot, and they couldn't contact me to convey the message. I was disappointed, but could only blame myself for this miscommunication. However, instead of turning me away and scheduling another day for me to come down, they looked and worked around their schedule, and created a slot for me to utilise my voucher there and then! Kudos to their service!

The spa itself was great! My package consist of a 1-hour massage, followed by a half-hour body scrub, and a half-hour flower bathe and tea refreshment. My masseur was professional, and knows where to apply pressure for me (climbed Rinjani a few days back, so my thighs and calves were quite sore), after the massage, my legs felt alive again!

The body scrub was nicely done too, and the flower bath was really a new experience for me!

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience, and I would recommend their services!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kangsheng
RamadaCamakila, General Manager at The Camakila Legian Bali, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Kangsheng

Thank you very much for your lovely review of your experience in Salila Spa.

I am pleased that we could accommodate you and that you had enjoyed our Salila spa experience.
Many thanks from the Salila Spa team,

Greg Harrison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
West Dapto Nsw Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

"Dream Holiday Experience"

We have recently returned from a 14 night stay. We were overwhelmed by the quality and care of service provided by staff and management.The rooms are large, the food is high quality and the cleanliness of the whole resort is to be commended. The resort is in an extremely good location with no noise and the resort is family friendly.
This genuine compliment reflects the excellence shared by our family.
We now consider the Camikila Resort as our preferred choice in Bali.

Room Tip: My preference is a poolside room on the lower floor or the grassed area on the lower floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brian G
Dear Brian G Dapto

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Ramada Camakila.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you have chosen Ramada Camakila as your preferred Bali hotel, it was lovely to see you back in Bali and we look forward to seeing you again later this year.

Redland City, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We checked in as part of a large group for five nights. It was our first trip to Bali and my wife and I found this a comfortable and enjoyable place to stay. It is well positioned and is very close to Kuta and Seminyak for dining and shopping. The food was well presented and tasty and our room was clean and a good size. The hotel is right on the beach and the two pools were clean and well serviced by staff. All staff were friendly and very helpful. WQe would stay here again.

Room Tip: We chose a ground floor room as there are no lifts in the building and you are handy to all amenitie...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear nevcoop

Thank you very much for your great review of your recent stay at Ramada Camakila.

I am pleased that we could provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay for your first trip to Bali.
We hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

it is a wonderful and comfortable hotel really closed to Kuta beach. rooms are wide, clean and with a nice view on the pool or on the sea. services are perfect, breakfast rich an varied.
the staff is really kind and takes care of the customers' needs.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Wonderwhale

Thank you very much for your lovely review of your stay at Ramada Camakila.

I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay and hope we get to see you back at Ramada Camakila soon.

Darwin
Reviewed 25 May 2014

we checked in for a short 5 night break. We had watched this place being built and got a good deal through Agoda.
Our room was near the back/ beach side overlooking the ponds. Great view! Nice size balcony, room and bathroom.
Room service came to us every afternoon when we were napping, we had the sign on the door so didn't get disturbed however this mean't that our room was made up in the afternoon whilst we were there. Every morning we put the sign out for our room to be made up but it never was. Loved the blockout curtains for afternoon naps and our room was very quiet.
Didn't find the room information till the last day and didn't know about the free 10 minute massage!
Breakfast was overlooking the pool. Nice view. Enjoyed the standard Bali buffet breakfast with egg station every morning. Would be great if they put the news on the TV instead of sport!
Pool was lovely, heaps of lounges available at all times.
Beach view restaurant for sunset drinks; bucket of Bintang was good although a little expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms at the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Darwinites

Thank you very much for your great review and pictures of your stay at Ramada Camakila.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your lovely comments on the rooms and the resort.
I am sorry you had challenges getting your rooms cleaned when you needed them done, we put a priority early in the morning for our arrival rooms and then try and get straight to the ones with a sign up to get them made up, I am sorry we didn't get it right for your room. I have spent time since your review with my housekeeping team to ensure that priority is given to these rooms, but sometimes we just cant get them done altogether.
I have also made sure that we have the news on the breakfast TV monitors, thank you for the reminder.

Once again many thanks, I hope we get to see you back at Ramada Camakila soon.

Newcastle
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have a bit of trouble rating this place. I must admit for the price we paid, I think we had good value. But in saying this, we did get an extremely good rate and if I had paid other rates that I have seen advertised I may have been disappointed.
First of all the good points and there are many.
1.Excellent friendly staff.
2.Good sized rooms
3.Pretty good breakfast
4.Great position in Legian.
5. Quiet and clean
Now the negatives
1.The bathrooms are a little dated and need a good scrub
2.The pool area is not that big
3.Breakfast is served in the ground floor part of the restaurant. It has a lowish ceiling which makes it very hot.
As you can see the positives far outweigh the negatives and for the money we paid this is fine. If I was paying more, I would expect more and that is why some people may be disappointed.
I don't rate this 5 star and would not pay the advertised rate but if you get a reasonable rate then go for it

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear EllenorNewcastle

Thank you very much for your great review of Ramada Camakila

I really appreciate all of the positives you have mentioned in particular about our staff, rooms, cleanliness and our position.
Thank you for also for your constructive comments on the pool area and bathroom. We are working on our bathrooms and have already finished a new bathroom design in some rooms which we plan to push throughout the resort. For the pool area I am busy adding additional sun loungers. Of course for breakfast we still have the upstairs area and area next to the pool, but I am buys sourcing new fans for the downstairs are to help circulate air a little but better downstairs.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope that we get an opportunity to look after you again soon.