“Great experience”

Rip Curl School Of Surf
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rip Curl School of Surf - Bali operates from four centers: Legian, Kuta, Jimbaran and Sanur. We offer courses, certification and equipment rentals in the activities of Surfing, Kite Surfing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Wind Surfing, Wake Boarding and Body Boarding. Established in 1998 we've helped over 190,000 visitors in Bali to discover "The Search". During our 15 years of operating schools we have gained an international reputation for being an innovator in professional water sports education, offering the finest programs, services and facilities. We are the only fully certified and registered IKO (Int. Kite Org), ASI (Academy of Surfing Instructor) SUP and Surf schools in Indonesia. Our mix of Western and Indonesia instructors are amongst the highest qualified instructors in the world; several of our instructors are ex or current Indonesian and Asian Champions. Let us help you discover "The Search" and allow us to share our passion with you of being in the water riding waves and the wind.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and travelled to Kuta specifically to take a private surfing lesson at Rip Curl Surf School. Having never surfed before we both successfully caught waves and were able to stand up on the board.

1 Thank StanRoz
ripcurlschools, Guest Relations Manager at Rip Curl School Of Surf, responded to this review, 22 February 2016
Hi!
Thank you for your review! That's great, that you manage to catch waves first time trying, good work! Welcome back next time in Bali!

• Indonesian first
Brussels, Belgium
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Friendly atmosphere and reasonable prices”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was almost my first time windsurfing and it was a wonderful experience.
People at the surf school are very friendly and helpful; the gear is not the best, but it is ok for absolute beginners. Instructors are also good, though it depends on your luck whichone will be available to teach you.
Prices are reasonable, if not low as compared to Europe (e.g. Portugal, Greece, Bulgaria).

Visited February 2014
Hi!
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time windsurfing with us. Welcome back anytime! Thank you for your review!

Antwerp, Belgium
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great school with qualified instructors and helpful & friendly staff at the reception!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I checked a few schools at Double Six Road and although it was slightly more expensive, I decided to go for this one. This turned out to be great choice and with free board rental and free pick up from hotel the price difference quickly compensated!! I started from zero and instructors took necessary time to explain and demonstrate techniques. If you feel you need more practice, you can do it for free after the group lesson (other schools charge 100k/h rental). The group was quite big - c.a. 10 people, what was not an issue since at each class there were 3-4 instructors closely helping and correcting each movement. As the only school we received helmets, what turned out necessary since i got hit a few times by the board. I do not understand how other schools may teach without protection. Water and towels were provided for free. It was also possible to purchase great photos at affordable price.
Really worth recommending! If i ever come back to Bali, i will go back to that school again without any doubt!!

Visited October 2013
Hi!
Thank you for your review!
We are stoked to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you recommend us, and also that you will come back next time you are in Bali. Welcome back!

Jakarta
“Learned with the best Team!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I had 5 days in Bali Sanur, where I wanted really to learn kite surfing.
After 4 lessons with different intructors (Jonni; Lucas and Gus) (different instructors very passionate and very good teacher) and a material in very good shape, I could improve a lot and ride on both side. I learn a lot of tricks which help me now to really enjoy and to hav a lot of fun with my own material. Thank you guys, for your strong support and your clear instructions to help me for achieving my goal.
Alan

Visited August 2013
Hi!
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your kite surfing experience with us. That so great that you felt this much improvement in just 5 days. Welcome back anytime! Thank you for reviewing us!

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Learned with the best!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I learned to surf with Rip Curl Surf School and Surf Goddess Retreats all women classes and I have to say that these guys made the challenging sport of surfing easy and fun! I was exhausted after the lessons, but each day I a learnt more and after a week of lessons I was able to ride a 'green' wave with was more than i ever expected. I was amazed that they even had me up on the board on my first day! The instructors a clearly professionals who love what they do and have a great time while making sure everyone was safe a well looked after. Everybody was warm and freindly from the drivers that picked us up to the girls behind the counter, and the photographer made me look fantastic so i was thirlled to be able to capture my surfing experience on CD. Thanks to the Rip Curl Team!

Visited July 2013
Hi!
Thank you for your review!
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed learning how to surf with us. Welcome back anytime!